Hardware Hacking Switch OLED 256gb NAND upgrade

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there's much easier ways of accessing the interesting emmc signals on the lite, look at some install diagrams

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
there's much easier ways of accessing the interesting emmc signals on the lite, look at some install diagrams
Already did...the damage pad is the frist poimt of acess from the emmc...so all the trail is useless...i really need to get the signal directly from emmc

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already did...the damage pad is the frist poimt of acess from the emmc...so all the trail is useless...i really need to get the signal directly from emmc

It'll probably work, I just installed this adapter on the OLED and from what I recall the frame surrounding the emmc on the OLED is roughly / same size as the frame around the lite. You can probably just cut the frame to make it fit.

If all you need is the dat0 why not just run a wire under the emmc instead of using the adapter? The adapter is not easy to install, it is first soldering the adapter onto the mainboard, then you would need to solder the emmc to the top of the adapter. This is my first time really reballing, so if you have the skills, you can probably do it.

edit: why not use the OLED adapter that slides under the emmc to get dat0? You would need to figure out a way to secure it (solder mask may work).

Last edited by Johnny_debt,

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It'll probably work, I just installed this adapter on the OLED and from what I recall the frame surrounding the emmc on the OLED is roughly / same size as the frame around the lite. You can probably just cut the frame to make it fit.

If all you need is the dat0 why not just run a wire under the emmc instead of using the adapter? The adapter is not easy to install, it is first soldering the adapter onto the mainboard, then you would need to solder the emmc to the top of the adapter. This is my first time really reballing, so if you have the skills, you can probably do it.

edit: why not use the OLED adapter that slides under the emmc to get dat0? You would need to figure out a way to secure it (solder mask may work).
Beacause i need the clk and cmd points... i was going to do wxactly the way you said...but with this adapter is much more simple

pausuri

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick one, I've got an OLED that after fitting (or attempting) an HWFLY, after a week the switch showed a blue screen when booting to OFW and a black blank screen when booting to CFW.
The chip glitches fine every single time and it shows the no sd card splash screen so I presume that the emmc is busted after a few reflows

I've managed to backup the nand in full plus keys and prod. info

Before to sell the switch for parts and get a new one, I was hoping to find someone up for the work (I'm UK based)

Stethix recommended this part to replace the busted one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...t_main.16.72c01802EazEH8&gatewayAdapt=glo2esp

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fixed a similar issue today by replacing an sk hynix emmc with the suggested one.
Can you do some emmc benchmarks in hekate and check that results are consistent and get >300MB/s on the first test?

Warbeast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My major doubt is the possibility of sx core handle the glitch with a blank eMMC
From what i read hwfly_nx can work with a blank emmc but I'm not sure on spacecraft if you search your find posts from the guy behide hwfly_nx talking about how he made the fw to work with it.

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
spacecraft won't write the original bcts so the glitching processes doesn't have a means to distinguish between successful and failed attempts

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fixed a similar issue today by replacing an sk hynix emmc with the suggested one.
Can you do some emmc benchmarks in hekate and check that results are consistent and get >300MB/s on the first test?
A question....is possible chamge a broken emmc to a new one and proceed to the restoration whitout a ufi box?

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes no problem. modchip writes just enough to get into hekate, and then you just restore full nand backup with hekate

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would assume 256gb is the biggest chip possible for this mod or are there any bigger options out there?
Who would be a good seller to buy the correct chip from on aliexpress?
Would be very greatful if someone could link me to the correct part!

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume 256gb is the biggest chip possible for this mod or are there any bigger options out there?
Who would be a good seller to buy the correct chip from on aliexpress?
Would be very greatful if someone could link me to the correct part!
Refer to post #38 on this thread where evil_santa lists out the emmc modules that'll work with the switch. evil_santa has also mentioned that the KLMEG8UCTA-B041 samsung emmc module is the fastest. There is also a cheaper Kingston 256GB emmc module model EMMC256-TY29-5B111 which I have installed in my OLED switch. I have not benchmarked the kingston against the samsung so can't tell you which is faster (samsung probably since it has a larger cache).

There are some spec sheets out there that show a 4 terabit or 512GB emmc module made by Silicon Motion. I've been trying to locate this chip but to no avail. So it seems like the easiest upgrade option is to 256GB.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Refer to post #38 on this thread where evil_santa lists out the emmc modules that'll work with the switch. evil_santa has also mentioned that the KLMEG8UCTA-B041 samsung emmc module is the fastest. There is also a cheaper Kingston 256GB emmc module model EMMC256-TY29-5B111 which I have installed in my OLED switch. I have not benchmarked the kingston against the samsung so can't tell you which is faster (samsung probably since it has a larger cache).

There are some spec sheets out there that show a 4 terabit or 512GB emmc module made by Silicon Motion. I've been trying to locate this chip but to no avail. So it seems like the easiest upgrade option is to 256GB.
dear god, if you find any info whatsoever on those, let me know please! <3

i badly want those

EDIT: Could you share the spec sheet? any serial numbers or identifying numbers or anything on that chip?
I know some friends in asia i would love to ask if they know anything about this.

Reactions: Johnny_debt

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dear god, if you find any info whatsoever on those, let me know please! <3

i badly want those

EDIT: Could you share the spec sheet? any serial numbers or identifying numbers or anything on that chip?
I know some friends in asia i would love to ask if they know anything about this.
Ferri emmc (Silikon Motion)
SM662PBF-BESS 512gb
You can find this chip on digikey bit it's hard to find it otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.