• Replies 791
  • Likes 32

Deetlemore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the former uses wildcard(*), so loads whatever kip inside kip folder. you can use whatever you like. most erista not stable on 2131, so use 1996 is recommended
I gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately I'm not stable at 1996, but your loader configurator came in handy, letting me run 1964 as a fallback.

Thanks again for all the work you've put into OC Suite, I never thought it would be so straight forward to overclock a Switch.

memory benchmark and tester

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
where can i find some test memory tool?

memory benchmark and memory tester

(the source code for these tools are already included in oc-suite)

Attachments

• MemTesterNX-1.0.0_4.5.1_multihread_64b.zip
    286.4 KB · Views: 23
  • TinyMemBenchNX-1.0.0_0.4.10.zip
    294.4 KB · Views: 23

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I intended to migrate my settings from my existing old .kip file to the new version but I cannot remember my exact values any more. Unfortunately, the online configurator does not accept my old .kip file (v5). Any way to read the settings out from the existing .kip file?

Edit: Nevermind. Got it from the source

Last edited by TeleTubby666,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
OC Suite v1.5 is planned to be released this week.

preview:
- ram adjustment algorithm is fixed and now uses correct values
- you can now adjust 6 or 7 ram timing parameters. if you configure them correctly for your ram, you will get really high performance boost

plans for future release
- configurator homebrew, so you can customize without web browser
- ram timing adjustment for erista

Last edited by meha,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Can't wait for Erista timing adjustments.

Are you planning to do a writeup/guide for RAM timing adjustments for us ignorants?
honestly, ram timing adjustments is not a easy thing and requires lot of testing and trial and error.
but I will include my values as a reference, so you guys can start from there and adjust.

for general ram timing information, you would have to google it. it's hard to explain all the timings

vulcan5d

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn this thing awesome. 768Mhz GPU and 2Ghz MEM portable makes this like a Switch Pro. Hell Witcher 3 runs native res at this setting. Nintendo can extend the life of this thing for another 2 years if they just do this. Killer work! I need to hunt down the donate button now, best project ever! Can't wait for more info for undervolting and timings based on mem chips etc.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Damn this thing awesome. 768Mhz GPU and 2Ghz MEM portable makes this like a Switch Pro. Hell Witcher 3 runs native res at this setting. Nintendo can extend the life of this thing for another 2 years if they just do this. Killer work! I need to hunt down the donate button now, best project ever! Can't wait for more info for undervolting and timings based on mem chips etc.
happy to hear your are enjoying performance boost
in next release (coming this week), you can customize a lot of ram timings,
and i got really huge performance boost from tightened ram timings (it's like 63% FPS increase compared to 1.6 mem)

for donations, no thoughts on taking donations for now, unless a lot of users asks for it (or if someone is a millionair and is willing to donate me a lot of money lol :D)

Last edited by meha,

Purpeliz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the battery life? what are your results?

1.5.3-v1.5

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
can undervolt on cpu and ram generate energy savings? on default clocks
for ram, it's not worth because lpddr4x already uses very low energy so no need to sacrifice stability.
and for cpu, yes undervolting can save some power, but if not really good binning, it will cause actual cpu freq to drop because of not enough power. on default clock u mean 1020Mhz? no it would be negligible.
Post automatically merged:

OC-Suite V1.5 is released!
  • AUTO_ADJ_PERF is removed
  • Now uses correct values for DRAM timings in AUTO_ADJ
  • Now 7 customizable ram timing presets in advanced config
you can share your ram timings in discussions:
https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite/discussions/categories/ram-timing-discussion

!!! big thanks to folks at NSwitch 60fps Cheats discord for testing OC-Suite !!!

Last edited by meha,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Tnx for the answer ;)
so i go on the online configurator, load the loader.kip, set in the line "Mariko RAM Max Clock in kHz" 2400000 and save? that's it?
yeah. and depending on your chip, you will need to change voltage, or you can increase perforance by changing ram timings
Post automatically merged:

Anyway to check which ram you've got without popping up the switch?
check with hekate

Reactions: linuxares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5