Homebrew Homebrew app Switch-OC-Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I wish someone would make a proper benchmark with full RAM+GPU+CPU capabilities and be able to chose any of them or combined.
I'm doing this. I plan to publish comprehensive comparative tests, both for OS Suite, and for SysCLK and 4IFIR.

I'm guessing there will be 4 series of comparison tests: "max. performance at stock handheld power", "maximum performance on battery", "absolute maximum performance". Maybe there will be "the power required to reach 60 frames per second".

All tests will be run on the same hardware (Lite with low rated Samsung memory). I will describe the testing methodology so that anyone can reproduce the tests on their consoles.

If someone has wishes, I am ready to listen to them. I will also be happy to listen and discuss any criticism from users who have never been in RetroNX and are not their multi-accounts. Despite the bullying from RetroNX, I will try to be honest and open-minded. The strongest (or most efficient) will win.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

Medel87

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Erista, Samsung RAM
2176,0mhz
1225mV
Totally stable for me, no freezes, and not graphical glitches

Pd. After some days I have a freeze

Last edited by Medel87,

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got done with 2 thread load testing, I'll get everything done with 1 thread probably today at the latest.
Post automatically merged:

For now, this is what I have
CPU Speed3 Thread Load2 Thread Load

1676559849685.png

Red is 3 threads, Purple is 2 threads and Light blue is 1 Thread (still not done)

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm doing this. I plan to publish comprehensive comparative tests, both for OS Suite, and for SysCLK and 4IFIR.

I'm guessing there will be 4 series of comparison tests: "max. performance at stock handheld power", "maximum performance on battery", "absolute maximum performance". Maybe there will be "the power required to reach 60 frames per second".

All tests will be run on the same hardware (Lite with low rated Samsung memory). I will describe the testing methodology so that anyone can reproduce the tests on their consoles.

If someone has wishes, I am ready to listen to them. I will also be happy to listen and discuss any criticism from users who have never been in RetroNX and are not their multi-accounts. Despite the bullying from RetroNX, I will try to be honest and open-minded. The strongest (or most efficient) will win.

Made comparative measurements for the categories "synthetic benchmarks" and max. "performance at stock handheld power". Tomorrow I'll try to shoot content for the third category, after which I'll start designing a post with comparative graphs. I got ARVI extremely untimely, but I hope that tomorrow I will get better, or at least I won’t get sicker.

Tested games:
Astral Chain + 60fps 1080p
Persona 5 Royal + 60fps 1080p
Ghostrunner +60fps 720p
Sifu + 60fps 720p

Tested benchmarks:
TinyMemBench
RaytracingNX

For the next category, I'll add to testing:
The Legend of Zelda: BOTW + 60fps 720p (Korok Forest!)
Kirby and the Forgottend Land + 60fps 720p

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made comparative measurements for the categories "synthetic benchmarks" and max. "performance at stock handheld power". Tomorrow I'll try to shoot content for the third category, after which I'll start designing a post with comparative graphs. I got ARVI extremely untimely, but I hope that tomorrow I will get better, or at least I won’t get sicker.

Tested games:
Ghostrunner +60fps 720p
Sifu + 60fps 720p

Tested benchmarks:
TinyMemBench
RaytracingNX

What's that RaytracingNX???

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Tested games:
Ghostrunner +60fps 720p
Sifu + 60fps 720p

Tested benchmarks:
TinyMemBench
RaytracingNX

wanna see botw 720p60fps stable on battle on boom

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1676737388538.png

Final graph for power draw from 3 to 1 thread. In watts, and only recorded peak power (Average was about 8-4% lower)
Post automatically merged:

Final power draw numbers

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
DeepL translation: Why are you sitting here with the bourgeois, and go drink an update for the serfs and peasants how much we can wait, over there people from Erista even drooled phone screens from your presentation
The reason why Cooler hasn't offered any Erista performance increases over 2091 CPU and 921 GPU is because there aren't any. People like KazushiMe, which 4IFIR is a copy of have found that any higher frequencies don't offer any performance benefit on Eristra. https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite

However there are some slight performance gains (less then 10% increase in FPS) to be increasing RAM over 1862 RAM, such as 1996 RAM or higher (I have seen people go up to 2099 RAM on Eristra and it is stable), (however these in the majority of cases require overvolting the RAM which is not good for the chip, and good RAM. You can use the loader configurator here after you download and install OC Suite to increase your RAM clockspeed further and RAM voltage higher. (personally I would not recommend because overvolting is bad and the chance of SD Card and NAND corruption is very high meaning you NEED BACKUPS if you do this. And if you do this and it is successful DO NOT SHARE your loader.kip because it will only be good for your Switch and not be stable on the vast majority of others.

I would also recommend using Switch-OC-Suite because there is no undervolting included which causes worse performance (I also highly recommend reading this post (undervolting is bad and is in 4IFIR)

Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
idk what im doing wrong but im unable to boot after installing switch oc suite always black screen

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat!

image.jpg

So if I’m reading this right, on my V2 I see tremendous improvement (about 1 sec) from 1020-1224 and the about 1/2 second from 1224-2091 and from there it tapers off into diminishing returns. So I take this to mean I should settle for 1963 or 2091 at most to get the most bang for the buck without stressing the rest of my machine unnecessarily.

I know there are more angles, but is that the correct way to read this one facet of the picture?

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Neat!

View attachment 354248

So if I’m reading this right, on my V2 I see tremendous improvement (about 1 sec) from 1020-1224 and the about 1/2 second from 1224-2091 and from there it tapers off into diminishing returns. So I take this to mean I should settle for 1963 or 2091 at most to get the most bang for the buck without stressing the rest of my machine unnecessarily.

I know there are more angles, but is that the correct way to read this one facet of the picture?
Yeah it's good settling for 1963, that's the highest 'safe frequency' on Mariko. You probably can go on 2091 but only if GPU is not being used very much at all something and set to a lower clock i.e. 460 GPU. Good for demanding emulators. The CPU increases don't necessarily translate into double performance in games, however. If you overclock your RAM you will get higher results and performance as well with lower CPU clocks.

I'd probably also use TinyMemBenchNX instead now because that's what the vast majority of people use to compare CPU/RAM performance. There's some screenshots of that benchmark hiding in this thread somewhere.
1676827558968.png

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah it's good settling for 1963, that's the highest 'safe frequency' on Mariko. You probably can go on 2091 but only if GPU is not being used very much at all something and set to a lower clock i.e. 460 GPU. Good for demanding emulators. The CPU increases don't necessarily translate into double performance in games, however. If you overclock your RAM you will get higher results and performance as well with lower CPU clocks.

I'd probably also use TinyMemBenchNX instead now because that's what the vast majority of people use to compare CPU/RAM performance. There's some screenshots of that benchmark hiding in this thread somewhere.
View attachment 354291
nice what are the gpu and ram stock clocks?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what im doing wrong but im unable to boot after installing switch oc suite always black screen
Do you have all the required stuff???

-Tesla Menu;
-NX-Ovloader;
-SaltyNX;
-latest sigpatches;
-latest atmosphere (latest OC suite is made to match latest atmosphere);
-latest hekate;
-Status Monitor (not needed but it's used to track CPU\GPU info and FPS);
-NX-FPS (not needed, but it's needed for status monitor to track FPS);
-ReverseNX (not needed, but if you want to use the included reverseNX overlay on the OC suite to switch between handheld\docked mode).

ps: If I'm forgetting something, someone plz add...

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Deepl: translation: Dear friend, please tell me which program is used to edit the loader.kip file? I have plenty of time, I want to fine tune it even more precisely, just for scientific purposes.
Thank you for your handy configurator, but I want even more fine-tuning, I'm not afraid for the safety of the switch.
Below are the screenshots with the consumption of the chiffer. I don't like the rise in vmc2 osu consumption to 1225 millivolts, instead of 1100 for the switch osu. That's a big boost. Is it worth it!!!

To be honest with you, if we believe the figures showing the consumption of chifir, it really shows a good picture and when you play you can feel the difference, only it is not clear what is the price of this. You can do an audit, look at the program code, if the consumption is really so low.
Point by point all the bugs of this developer on a new version, or admit some successes may not be everywhere. Do you have a connection with the developer of KazushiMe?

I have no connection with the developer KazushiMe and I am not them, the closest thing I have done is made a recommendation on their Github for Switch-OC-Suite for someone else.

The only way to edit the loader.kip is to use the online configurator, unless you compile it for yourself which is complicated and I personally don't know how to do it, however there is a guide under the Build tab here if you want to make your own edits. https://github.com/KazushiMe/Switch-OC-Suite

You can adjust the voltage lower from 1225 mV for 1996 RAM using the online configurator and it may still be stable. If you do this however please take backups as decreasing the voltage on high RAM clocks on Eristra can cause instability and corruption. To add to this, I would not recommend any kind of undervolting including CPU, GPU, and RAM below defaults because it lowers performance with no benefit. If you want less power consumption use lower clocks because if you use high clocks that are undervolted they are worse then lower clocks that aren't.

1676921134059.png

To your reply in the sys-clk thread

4IFIR is a copy of the source code of Switch-OC-Suite with minor edits to the UI (i.e. the red text, and text i.e. 4IFIR Maximised and the loader.kip, which contains the undervolting tweaks that don't work and reduce performance. Safety limitations such as caps for GPU in handheld have been removed making it easy to damage the battery as well in 4IFIR.

For context, the person who made that post is ZachyCatGames who made the original RAM patch (1862) which is found in Switch-OC-Suite modified and because 4IFIR is a copy also there and is knowledgeable about hardware and has done research to see what works and can confidently say that the undervolting found in 4IFIR doesn't work and causes performance issues.

ZachyCatGames also mentions hardware research by CTCaer, who is an individual who has done massive amounts of hardware research and contributed to the original sys-clk, which Switch-OC Suite's code is based on. His clocks and voltages for L4T, Linux on Switch were taken by KazushiMe, the developer of Switch-OC Suite and used there due to their reliability and accuracy. Cooler has changed these voltages without knowledge of the hardware which is causing instability issues and worse performance. If you want to talk to ZachyCatGames I recommend DMing him on Discord

ChanseyIsTheBest

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ты забыл таблетки выпить? Я тут с умными ребятами беседу введу не лезь к нам.
Mods haven't been upset about you in communicating in Russian because I've been translating your posts using DeepL but any future posts please use a translation website or program

https://gbatemp.net/help/terms/
GBAtemp Forum Rules & Guidelines

To enhance the quality of discussion and topics at GBAtemp, we ask that all members participating in the GBAtemp Forums abide by the following rules and guidelines:

We are an English speaking community. Please post in legible English ONLY.

Reactions: binkinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?