Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Succes! We're getting there. Booting in EmuMMC is working! Now just to find the problem with the preferred one and see if the installed games will come back :D
Finally!. So yeah, looks like you had a busted emunand. Wow…this is kinda rare. It‘s usually a fat finger in all the other steps we tried. Check out either of the tutorials about recovering game saves from NAND. You might have to reinstall the games and just recover the saves afterwards. Job one…recover those saves.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Yes. That’s perfect. :-)

congrats on your upgrade.

make sure you grab the latest Sigpatches for your emunand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/
I got them from some other site. Next thing I want to do is to repeat the process of creating my own OFW to then use with Daybreak. Yesterday I used someone's firmware.
But I'm going to bookmark this link so that I don't need to go out of the community to get what is needed, next time I need to update!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got them from some other site. Next thing I want to do is to repeat the process of creating my own OFW to then use with Daybreak. Yesterday I used someone's firmware.
But I'm going to bookmark this link so that I don't need to go out of the community to get what is needed, next time I need to update!
Good deal!

Here are the steps to upgrade your CFW and dump your own Firmware from OFW for use on your CFW using Daybreak.nro.

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFWAndFW

Reactions: HelloShitty

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got back my save files using this method: https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchextractsaves/

The saves are now on my laptop in de SaveExtract/out folder. Should I copy those files back to the 'save' map in the root of my Switch SD? And since the saves have been recovered, what will be the next step?
Once saves are secured you will need to use the same emuMMC menu to create a new blank raw partition based emunand. Basically overwrite you broken emunand.

Once you’ve swapped back and can boot successfully on your new partition based emunand you can go back and move/rename your temporary atmosphere and bootloader directories to something like atmosphere.works and bootloader.works

then move your old atmosphere.bk and bootloader.bk to their original spots.

Confirm you can boot once more and you should see your homebrew and anything else (other than games and saves) are all back.

Once all that is complete…

install your games again

then follow my tut for how to restore your game saves from the files you rescued on your PC above

Whew…That should do it.

Bas_Boswachter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright, it is fixed thank you so much! Just a shame all the games need to be reinstalled but that's life. I wonder if it wouldn't have been easier just to nuke the SD card and start all over again hehe.

Nevertheless, thank you! Now on to installing the games

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Allright, it is fixed thank you so much! Just a shame all the games need to be reinstalled but that's life. I wonder if it wouldn't have been easier just to nuke the SD card and start all over again hehe.

Nevertheless, thank you! Now on to installing the games

At the end of the day, with everything we tried, yes, we could have probably nuked it and come out ahead. We had to go through the common iterations to come to the conclusion though so I dont think we could have avoided it. All that said, you’re walking away with a whole new bag of tricks and a deeper understanding of how things work underneath. Hopefully you can help others in similar situations the future. :-)

Glad you’re sorted! Enjoy your Switch!
Post automatically merged:

So im running emunand but its seriously slow in menues and loading.
Is there anything i can do about it? And is it atleast safe to move my game to internal nand to play while in emunand or not?

something else is amiss here.

If you move your game to internal nand while booted up on emunand, it uses the hidden partition on the same SDCard, so no benifit.

If you install an NSP on you Sysnand your system will be banned the instant you go Online.

You can check you card for errors and test the speed using h2testw located here:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Let’s see what that comes back with…

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: maraxion

sl3ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yes, you need to install the NX-FPS module to get that option.

https://github.com/masagrator/NX-FPS

try moving/renaming your /atmosphere/contents folder to /atmosphere/contents.bk and reboot to see if that fixes things.

If it does, you have a sys-module that's not compatible with latest fw/atmos and you will have to test them one at a time by creating a new /atmosphere/contents folder and moving the /atmosphere/contents.bk files over in small batches while paying close attention to which batch you move over causes your boot to freeze again.

e: also make sure you downloaded the matching fusee.bin file from the Atmosphere release page and placed it in /bootloader/payloads/

if neither of these work, please post your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file here.

I installed
Tesla
Status-Monitor-Overlay 0.64
SaltyNX-0.4.0a-hotfix
NX-FPS-0.3 [put in SaltySD folder]

Then it will show cpu clock, gpu clock, memory clock, fan, temp, fps.

How to only show fps?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed
Tesla
Status-Monitor-Overlay 0.64
SaltyNX-0.4.0a-hotfix
NX-FPS-0.3 [put in SaltySD folder]

Then it will show cpu clock, gpu clock, memory clock, fan, temp, fps.

How to only show fps?
Goto Tesla Overlay
Slide down to System Monitor
You will now have 3 options instead of just 2:
  • Full
  • Mini
  • FPS

Reactions: sl3ge

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Anyone tried the latest realeast of TegraExplorer.bin payload? I just Downloaded it, put it into /bootloader/payloads but when I try to launch it from Hekate, I just get a black empty screen! The console vibrates twice and tnothing shows up on the screen!

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
This seems like a dumb question, but I can't find an easy answer for it. Preparing the SD card.

I want to use the same SD card for the SysNAND that i've been using, with all of my digital games, but also the EMUnand. Is this possible to do. Do I backup all of the SD card first before formatting, or do I use it as is since it's formatted for a switch?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a dumb question, but I can't find an easy answer for it. Preparing the SD card.

I want to use the same SD card for the SysNAND that i've been using, with all of my digital games, but also the EMUnand. Is this possible to do. Do I backup all of the SD card first before formatting, or do I use it as is since it's formatted for a switch?
You totally can use one card for both Ysnand and Emunand. You will end up with two separate Nintendo folders, one for each *Nand.

You should always do backups before each change. You will need to recover your Nintendo folder after It‘s formatted by Hekate.

Anyone tried the latest realeast of TegraExplorer.bin payload? I just Downloaded it, put it into /bootloader/payloads but when I try to launch it from Hekate, I just get a black empty screen! The console vibrates twice and tnothing shows up on the screen!

Are you using (e: hotfix 3) hothis 3 from https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases

Not having any issues on my end:

image.jpg

e: tested on V1 and V2 both running 15.0.0 | AMS 1.4.0 E

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Hayato213

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
You totally can use one card for both Ysnand and Emunand. You will end up with two separate Nintendo folders, one for each *Nand.

You should always do backups before each change. You will need to recover your Nintendo folder after It‘s formatted by Hekate.
Wonderful thank you - How do you discern the two folders, one for each partition?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country

Are you using hothis 3 from https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases

View attachment 336033

Makes sense now, heh.

So all of the homebrew stuff go on the regular partition with the Sysnand Nintendo files.

I've got an RCM jig on order for tomorrow - I just want to make sure I've covered all of my bases before I hack the thing. Thanks for the help.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran

Are you using hothis 3 from https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases

View attachment 336033

What is hothis 3 ? And yes, I downloaded from that link.
Work fine on my end on an oled
Crap! Have to try to download and copy the bin file to the folder again!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes sense now, heh.

So all of the homebrew stuff go on the regular partition with the Sysnand Nintendo files.

I've got an RCM jig on order for tomorrow - I just want to make sure I've covered all of my bases before I hack the thing. Thanks for the help.

Homebrew typically goes in the /switch directory which will only come in to play while under CFW.

Check out this documentation for more background:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

What is hothis 3 ?
Ungh.

hotfix 3

fixed in OP. Thanks!

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Homebrew typically goes in the /switch directory which will only come in to play while under CFW.

Check out this documentation for more background:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Ungh.

hotfix 3

fixed in OP. Thanks!
Oh ok. Yes, that's what I used. But I'm going to repeat the process. You never know! I can easily fuck up things!

Reactions: binkinator

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
something else is amiss here.

If you move your game to internal nand while booted up on emunand, it uses the hidden partition on the same SDCard, so no benifit.

If you install an NSP on you Sysnand your system will be banned the instant you go Online.

You can check you card for errors and test the speed using h2testw located here:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Let’s see what that comes back with…

Thanks binkinator for showing me where to go.
I tested my card, no errors was found.
Its a sony 128GB I1 card, rated at 90MByte/s, and in copying files from sd to HDD is maintained around 85-90MByte/s.

H2testw v1.4 test info:
Warning: Only 72167 of 89728 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 16.1 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.2 MByte/s

So it seems ok, the problem is that the boot of the switch and start of games etc compared to my other switch with sysnand is WAY slower. up to 3 times the boot is fairly normal. Unsure why.
Like normally when you press to start a game you instantly get to choose what user to play. On this device your sitting there for 6 seconds wondering if you really pressed the button before the user choice pops up!

Last edited by maraxion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw