Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have a question about transferring saves from a modded Switch to an unmodded one:

My only goal is to get my Royal save from PS4 onto my Switch. If I borrow my friend’s v1, mod it, load the save onto my account there, can I then safely transfer that via the OFW save transfer to my unmodded switch?

I thought it would be that simple but I found old threads cautioning against that because it could get your Switch banned. So can a save I hacked in be moved to a normal switch, or does it have to stay on hacked switches?

My only purpose is this transfer - no pirating, no emu, nothing else. I read something about if I keep the sysnand clean? Or avoid emunand entirely then the save wouldn’t flag on my normal Switch?

Obviously a noob here. Really appreciate your help!

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have a question about transferring saves from a modded Switch to an unmodded one:

My only goal is to get my Royal save from PS4 onto my Switch. If I borrow my friend’s v1, mod it, load the save onto my account there, can I then safely transfer that via the OFW save transfer to my unmodded switch?

I thought it would be that simple but I found old threads cautioning against that because it could get your Switch banned. So can a save I hacked in be moved to a normal switch, or does it have to stay on hacked switches?

My only purpose is this transfer - no pirating, no emu, nothing else. I read something about if I keep the sysnand clean? Or avoid emunand entirely then the save wouldn’t flag on my normal Switch?

Obviously a noob here. Really appreciate your help!
assuming you have a hackable v1, and own a copy of Royal.

im not versed on how you plan on getting your ps4 save to switch but assuming thats possible.
throw save on sd card.
load sd card with atmosphere, and jksv.
boot syscfw
now just restore the save while in SYSCFW.

then just boot ofw and use regular save transfer function. just make sure you have the same profile on both switches.

If thats ALL you do in syscfw, 99.9% chance you wont ever get banned for it. theres always a risk but its so minimal with just running a basic hb apps in syscfw. Iv done way worse and been fine for 4+yrs now

Reactions: bloopland33

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, not a NOOB member, but very very NOOB to switch. also, not a hacking question but please bear with me.

I bought a white OLED last Night. I already had 3 Orange light of death. Or if it is even called that.

Should I be exchanging it already?

My first orange, I quickly pressed power off, nothing happened, Grabbed my phone and googled, resulted to either weak internet or bad WIFI chip. press power longer, then press again to turn it back on. It did. everything worked okay. I only have one game I bought it with. A physical SSBBU, after first game launch it ask for update, I did, its saying 16 minutes then became 2 hours. then the first orange appeared.

My net speed is averaging 40MBPS on a poor night, I'm seeing that the wifi icon on my switch is 1 bar, then X, then back to 1 bar. My other devices are not, including a very old N3DSXL which downloads perfectly fine (on Hshop).

I'm elaborating this much because I fear the store's just gonna scam me saying they'll replace it but what they'll do is probably open it and fix it. So I'm with either checking if I can live with it rather than have them open it and tinker with it and I end up with an opened OLED.

Whadaya think? Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, not a NOOB member, but very very NOOB to switch. also, not a hacking question but please bear with me.

I bought a white OLED last Night. I already had 3 Orange light of death. Or if it is even called that.

Should I be exchanging it already?

My first orange, I quickly pressed power off, nothing happened, Grabbed my phone and googled, resulted to either weak internet or bad WIFI chip. press power longer, then press again to turn it back on. It did. everything worked okay. I only have one game I bought it with. A physical SSBBU, after first game launch it ask for update, I did, its saying 16 minutes then became 2 hours. then the first orange appeared.

My net speed is averaging 40MBPS on a poor night, I'm seeing that the wifi icon on my switch is 1 bar, then X, then back to 1 bar. My other devices are not, including a very old N3DSXL which downloads perfectly fine (on Hshop).

I'm elaborating this much because I fear the store's just gonna scam me saying they'll replace it but what they'll do is probably open it and fix it. So I'm with either checking if I can live with it rather than have them open it and tinker with it and I end up with an opened OLED.

Whadaya think? Thanks!

It’s clearly not healthy. However you get it fixed, you need it fixed. i would think it should still be under warranty and you could get a direct replace,ent today. Unless it‘s second hand or something?

At any rate, I wouldn’t get too verklempt about how it gets done.

Most of us here have done way more than opening their Switch. Many have taken to soldering in foreign chips into their brand new OLEDs. It might be hard to find a ton of folks here who think a store opening something up to fix it as a scam.

Reactions: MrLeche

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of us here have done way more than opening their Switch. Many have taken to soldering in foreign chips into their brand new OLEDs. It might be hard to find a ton of folks here who think a store opening something up to fix it as a scam.

Thanks!

What I meant on the scam part is, they usually sell items and have it cover for 7 days replacement, and a year warranty. But whenever issues arise (usually here in my country) Instead of really replacing the item with a new one (I'm talking electronic appliances in general), they just have their techs open it and try to fix it so they won't have to replace you with a new one even if they convince you that "we have a 7 day replacement" before buying their item.

And yes its brand new.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

What I meant on the scam part is, they usually sell items and have it cover for 7 days replacement, and a year warranty. But whenever issues arise (usually here in my country) Instead of really replacing the item with a new one (I'm talking electronic appliances in general), they just have their techs open it and try to fix it so they won't have to replace you with a new one even if they convince you that "we have a 7 day replacement" before buying their item.

And yes its brand new.
Not sure where you are, but brand new? I would be walking out with another brand new sealed box by end of day today…

Reactions: MrLeche

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming you have a hackable v1, and own a copy of Royal.

im not versed on how you plan on getting your ps4 save to switch but assuming thats possible.
throw save on sd card.
load sd card with atmosphere, and jksv.
boot syscfw
now just restore the save while in SYSCFW.

then just boot ofw and use regular save transfer function. just make sure you have the same profile on both switches.

If thats ALL you do in syscfw, 99.9% chance you wont ever get banned for it. theres always a risk but its so minimal with just running a basic hb apps in syscfw. Iv done way worse and been fine for 4+yrs now
Thank you. Are you saying 99.9% chance of neither Switch getting banned, or just the receiving, clean one?

If you mean both are unlikely to be banned, that's good to hear. But I've seen a lot of people saying, if you do the regular save transfer, your modded switch is almost definitely getting banned since it goes online and pings to Nintendo at the start of the save transfer. And they'll see CFW. (If I'm understanding correctly that SYSCFW means CFW on the sysNAND)

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Are you saying 99.9% chance of neither Switch getting banned, or just the receiving, clean one?

If you mean both are unlikely to be banned, that's good to hear. But I've seen a lot of people saying, if you do the regular save transfer, your modded switch is almost definitely getting banned since it goes online and pings to Nintendo at the start of the save transfer. And they'll see CFW. (If I'm understanding correctly that SYSCFW means CFW on the sysNAND)
the unmodded switch 100% wont get banned. and ppl who say that about cfw on sysnand are talking about installing pirated games and nsps then connecting to nintendo servers. Atm and for years now, nintendo hasnt cared to ban anyone who just uses save managers in syscfw (Aside from animal crossing, but thats another topic) so yea 99.9% chance youll be fine.

Reactions: binkinator

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the unmodded switch 100% wont get banned. and ppl who say that about cfw on sysnand are talking about installing pirated games and nsps then connecting to nintendo servers. Atm and for years now, nintendo hasnt cared to ban anyone who just uses save managers in syscfw (Aside from animal crossing, but thats another topic) so yea 99.9% chance youll be fine.
Awesome, that's great news, thank you so much. So a save manager like jksv is a-okay if that's all I'm doing.

One last question if you don't mind - should I have an existing Persona save on both Switches to be "replaced" by the one I'm injecting onto the v1 and then moving over? So a created save on sysnand on the modded Switch, and then a save on the OLED that will be replaced.

Maybe when I actually get to this part and read a tutorial it'll mention that, just thought I'd ask. I assume probably not for the OLED sine taking a new save for a new game won't throw up any flags but the v1 sysnand?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, that's great news, thank you so much. So a save manager like jksv is a-okay if that's all I'm doing.

One last question if you don't mind - should I have an existing Persona save on both Switches to be "replaced" by the one I'm injecting onto the v1 and then moving over? So a created save on sysnand on the modded Switch, and then a save on the OLED that will be replaced.

Maybe when I actually get to this part and read a tutorial it'll mention that, just thought I'd ask. I assume probably not for the OLED sine taking a new save for a new game won't throw up any flags but the v1 sysnand?
you just need to have started the game on both switches. on hacked one once youve started the game once, itll show up in jksv where you can backup/restore save to a profile

Reactions: bloopland33

peji911

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have NO IDEA what I did but it started just randomly working. Problem is I don't know what happened, so I'll have no way to fix it if it happens again.

Thank you so much for your help! All my shops are down so in the end it doesn't matter, but thank you nonetheless!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have NO IDEA what I did but it started just randomly working. Problem is I don't know what happened, so I'll have no way to fix it if it happens again.

Thank you so much for your help! All my shops are down so in the end it doesn't matter, but thank you nonetheless!
Look around for Titz Pro or Teknik. I like Titz in particular.

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just need to have started the game on both switches. on hacked one once youve started the game once, itll show up in jksv where you can backup/restore save to a profile
Awesome. I really appreciate your help, can't thank you enough!

Question for anyone...just came across this and it's probably stupid but maybe not..? Only reason I want temporary access to a modded Switch is to get this Persona save on my OLED. Well...happened to come across save editors on eBay while looking for something else.

This guy does 100% Royal saves and I asked if I gave him a different save if he could just upload that one for me. He said sure no problem.

You have to give these guys your password so they can pull down the save from the NSO cloud, edit it, then reupload......I can't believe I'm considering this but $22 and a little risk sounds a lot better than learning how to do it myself and getting access to a v1 😅

Someone tell me I'm crazy - and/or stories of buying these save services on eBay? The guy has practically perfect feedback from 472 reviews. Surely that means something...

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else using luffshop? Haven’t seen in tinfoil the new mario rabbid game or persona 5 release. Should I for whatever reason expect delays for those titles to arrive on tinfoil?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Question for anyone...just came across this and it's probably stupid but maybe not..? Only reason I want temporary access to a modded Switch is to get this Persona save on my OLED. Well...happened to come across save editors on eBay while looking for something else.

This guy does 100% Royal saves and I asked if I gave him a different save if he could just upload that one for me. He said sure no problem.

You have to give these guys your password so they can pull down the save from the NSO cloud, edit it, then reupload......I can't believe I'm considering this but $22 and a little risk sounds a lot better than learning how to do it myself and getting access to a v1 😅

Someone tell me I'm crazy - and/or stories of buying these save services on eBay? The guy has practically perfect feedback from 472 reviews. Surely that means something...
Not trying to judge or anything, but may I ask why would you get a 100% completed save for a game? Wouldn't you rather play a game yourself, instead of paying someone to play it for you? I just don't get it. If it's a matter of you not wanting to bother playing the game, why not just watch someone play it on youtube?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You’re going to pay someone to hack your account. This doesn’t look good at all man. I wouldn’t do it, but you do you.
Anyone else using luffshop? Haven’t seen in tinfoil the new mario rabbid game or persona 5 release. Should I for whatever reason expect delays for those titles to arrive on tinfoil?

Most of the old shops folded a while ago when Google changed how their educational storage worked. There are better shops out there. Titz or gtfo. ;-)

Reactions: Prior22

bloopland33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not trying to judge or anything, but may I ask why would you get a 100% completed save for a game? Wouldn't you rather play a game yourself, instead of paying someone to play it for you? I just don't get it. If it's a matter of you not wanting to bother playing the game, why not just watch someone play it on youtube?
Ah, it was kind of a follow up question from upthread where my purpose was clearer. I'm trying to bring my PS4 Royal save over to Switch to continue with a NG+ run. I just lack a moddable Switch is all.

Otherwise, yes, I totally agree with your sentiment - wouldn't have any interest in that.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You’re going to pay someone to hack your account. This doesn’t look good at all man. I wouldn’t do it, but you do you.

Most of the old shops folded a while ago when Google changed how their educational storage worked. There are better shops out there. Titz or gtfo. ;-)
I’ve got carcaschoi installed, which from what I read was supposed to update tinfoil with working repos. All carcaschoi installed though was luffshop. Is carcaschoi not functioning as it should?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve got carcaschoi installed, which from what I read was supposed to update tinfoil with working repos. All carcaschoi installed though was luffshop. Is carcaschoi not functioning as it should?
YMMV. The only way to tell is to try it. If they have the titles you’re looking for then all good. Teknik is a pretty funky App tho. You should check ‘em out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I also have a Wii
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tomorrow be may 4th
    Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Getting Wiid from Street Pharmacist Mario?