Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Mrzio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Our prospects look better the further out you look. 2 years isn’t likely but within 10 years we very well might have better hacking techniques and some unpatchable retro bug since Ninty won’t be patching FirmWare anymore.

Correct answer if you want to enjoy a hacked switch sooner rather than…an unknown date in the future.
Guys but i will not buy a non patched one and asked u if there is batter to update it or reminiscenze with 7.0.1. And also aked because Now my switch doesn't read card games can be this problem may be fixed by updating the console? ( I fixed my switch after it broke and the technician said to me that was ic broken but I don't remember how it broke because passed a lot of time)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys but i will not buy a non patched one and asked u if there is batter to update it or reminiscenze with 7.0.1. And also aked because Now my switch doesn't read card games can be this problem may be fixed by updating the console? ( I fixed my switch after it broke and the technician said to me that was ic broken but I don't remember how it broke because passed a lot of time)
No worries. In that case a modchip is you only option to hack. 7.0.1 isn’t that special. You will get more out of your switch if you upgrade.

if your game card is not reading latest games then maybe it is something that can be fixed with a firmware update. However, if your switch stopped reading game cards that used to work (and a tech said you need an IC replaced) that’s a different issue and and a hardware problem that can’t be fixed by updating firmware. You should get your hardware fixed first.

Mrzio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No worries. In that case a modchip is you only option to hack. 7.0.1 isn’t that special. You will get more out of your switch if you upgrade.

if your game card is not reading latest games then maybe it is something that can be fixed with a firmware update. However, if your switch stopped reading game cards that used to work (and a tech said you need an IC replaced) that’s a different issue and and a hardware problem that can’t be fixed by updating firmware. You should get your hardware fixed first.
He fixed the switch that had an ic problem that made it not turn on, but now using it i noticed that it doesn't reads the game cards and make the notification that u can see in the photo i attached in my first post here

PokeGen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently looking for homebrew that would allow me to remotely connect to my switch from my PC. Basically play the Switch on PC. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He fixed the switch that had an ic problem that made it not turn on, but now using it i noticed that it doesn't reads the game cards and make the notification that u can see in the photo i attached in my first post here
Here is the translated image. Seems that the card reader is having issues.

ACB140E4-B9FC-4257-BEA7-F49C44C68E78.jpeg

very similar to this error:
172DFE6E-A74F-411D-9476-79E4057C416E.png

See if any of these solutions help:

https://appuals.com/nintendo-switch-game-card-error/
Post automatically merged:

Im currently looking for homebrew that would allow me to remotely connect to my switch from my PC. Basically play the Switch on PC. Can someone help me out here? Thanks!
https://github.com/exelix11/SysDVR will get the graphics on your PC screen. The controls would still be via the switch though.

Klavice Gavin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I open hekate on my Switch, it keeps saying it's in 1bit mode. Which is funny because it reads the card no problem at least NOW it does and I haven't had this issue until just recently nor have I done anything to the pins. I'd open it up if to check if I could but I don't even know what screwdriver the Switch uses and I'm afraid of damaging my Switch.
This has happened ever since i upgraded to 14.1.2 and then 15.0.0 and while my Switch works normally otherwise, I'm getting more worried by the minute. It happened with my 1TB SD Card all of a sudden and before that It never happened with any prior cards. The card is Sandisk too. I think it's an issue with the sigpatches as I just installed them.
Update: I tried a rather unorthodox solution by searching the forum and found that if I apply pressure to the sd card reader it will sometimes go past the original check. Unfortunately this leads to other problems, like my Switch not wanting to accept hekate, and I feel like I've exhausted every possibility besides taking it apart, and I really don't want to do that. I just know some people said on this forum that if the pins are even slightly loose it can mess things up big time. As I said this is ONLY when trying to use CFW, everything else works perfectly.

Last edited by Klavice Gavin,

Bestio94

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone,
I downgrade my switch from 14.1.2 to 4.1.0 using daybreak on my sysnand to unlock the possibility of use pegascape.
Now my switch don't boot up anymore, I can only launch hakate from RCM.
I have no backup...
Anyone can help me?

grooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is, i don't have enough free space on my SD card. Is there some other method that requires using only PC for backup?
What OS are you using? For Windows, maybe consider something like NIUBI Partition Editor.

That will let you copy, resize and move partitions around.

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What OS are you using? For Windows, maybe consider something like NIUBI Partition Editor?

That will let you copy, resize and move partitions around.
yeah, i'm on Windows. So that NIUBI stuff will do the work?
I don't want to somehow break up my SD Cards so i'm little nervous about it

grooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i'm on Windows. So that NIUBI stuff will do the work?
I don't want to somehow break up my SD Cards so i'm little nervous about it
I'm not sure what you mean about "break up" but this is standard stuff. You're copying to a new SD card, right? It would be a lot easier if you used file-based emuNAND. You should be able to copy the partition and I think the system would still find it but I haven't tested it. You may want to use the Reentry guide. It's fairly straightforward.

rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not sure what you mean about "break up" but this is standard stuff. You're copying to a new SD card, right? It would be a lot easier if you used file-based emuNAND. You should be able to copy the partition and I think the system would still find it but I haven't tested it. You may want to use the Reentry guide. It's fairly straightforward.

rentry.org/EmuNANDNewSDcard
i found people saying HDD Raw copy tool can be used to backup emunand . gonna try it that way

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello, third week messing up with my failed Switch, trying to simplify my question - I've been told to make emuNAND backup with NXNandManager with the goal to import my saves later. How does the import work? I don't see any import option in JKSV, and my saves are just emuNAND USER/SAVE files named 0000000000a, 00000000000b etc, not JKSV backups.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the past, I could press "B" to exit hbmenu. That isn't working now. Is there a setting to make it exit that way?
I don't ever remember the "B" button being able to exit the homebrew menu. The only way you can exit is by pressing the Home button.
When I open hekate on my Switch, it keeps saying it's in 1bit mode. Which is funny because it reads the card no problem at least NOW it does and I haven't had this issue until just recently nor have I done anything to the pins. I'd open it up if to check if I could but I don't even know what screwdriver the Switch uses and I'm afraid of damaging my Switch.
This has happened ever since i upgraded to 14.1.2 and then 15.0.0 and while my Switch works normally otherwise, I'm getting more worried by the minute. It happened with my 1TB SD Card all of a sudden and before that It never happened with any prior cards. The card is Sandisk too. I think it's an issue with the sigpatches as I just installed them.
Update: I tried a rather unorthodox solution by searching the forum and found that if I apply pressure to the sd card reader it will sometimes go past the original check. Unfortunately this leads to other problems, like my Switch not wanting to accept hekate, and I feel like I've exhausted every possibility besides taking it apart, and I really don't want to do that. I just know some people said on this forum that if the pins are even slightly loose it can mess things up big time. As I said this is ONLY when trying to use CFW, everything else works perfectly.
Its absolutely impossible that your issue is related to patches, They aren't even applied when you initially open Hekate. The problem is what you fear the worst which is a damaged SD card reader. The reader is very fragile and can break without you touching the pins; it can break from the normal usage of ejecting and injecting the SD card. Anyways, If you don't want to open it up, then you can try taking it to a repair shop for them to take a look at instead.
Hello everyone,
I downgrade my switch from 14.1.2 to 4.1.0 using daybreak on my sysnand to unlock the possibility of use pegascape.
Now my switch don't boot up anymore, I can only launch hakate from RCM.
I have no backup...
Anyone can help me?
First of all, why on earth would you downgrade? The RCM exploit is better than the pegascape exploit. Secondly, the reason you can only launch Hekate from RCM is because you downgraded to a firmware lower than your current fuse count. You see, the Switch has anti-downgrade fuses that are burnt every time you update to a major firmware. When there are burnt, you cannot boot the console to a firmware lower than the number of fuses burnt. Luckily, the RCM exploit is triggered before the fuse count so it can allow us to bypass the fuse check. But that's where the utility ends. In order for you to use Pegascape in your console's current condition, you have to use the RCM exploit first to bypass the fuse check. At that point, you might as well just use the RCM exploit. Downgrading to a firmware higher than your fuse count just to use an inferior exploit like Pegascape is a very stupid and dangerous thing. You should be thankful you can still use Hekate. Update your firmware back to 14.1.2 by using the homebrew app Daybreak and never ever do something this idiotic again.
Hello, third week messing up with my failed Switch, trying to simplify my question - I've been told to make emuNAND backup with NXNandManager with the goal to import my saves later. How does the import work? I don't see any import option in JKSV, and my saves are just emuNAND USER/SAVE files named 0000000000a, 00000000000b etc, not JKSV backups.
I'll admit that I haven't been following your dilemma for the past 3 weeks but if your goal is ultimately to recover save data from emuMMC, you can try following this tutorial.

pupuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'll admit that I haven't been following your dilemma for the past 3 weeks but if your goal is ultimately to recover save data from emuMMC, you can try following this tutorial.
Thanks! but this one says they had the previous Checkpoint backup to make it work and I don't have one.

GravityLoL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
okay, so my SD card migration has gone wrong, i guess.
I did emunand dump, both boot0 and boot1 dump, restored the dump using NxNadManager and...atmosphere doesnt load
" can't load sdmc/atmosphere/package3!"
looking at things through hekate, i noticed whole space of SD card is unocupied, which means something bucked up at Emunand. so there goes me asking:
should i place emunand dump on SD card and restore it using hekate or should i do something else?
What are you guys saying?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ