Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's useful I think! I won't be using the first method, so I'd be interested in that second one.
Is it easy to download the update in stock without it installing? Does it involve canceling it?
And then when offline, where do you go to install that one?

If it's installed offline, how would nintendo have any idea of what happened? Just wondering how it would be exposed like you said.
Yeah, its pretty simple. Just leave the console on with the Wi-Fi settings entered and it will download the update automatically in a few minutes. Once offline, you can try launching a title and a prompt to install the update will come up. But even if its installed offline, the console logs telemetry within itself that it transmits to Nintendo once its back online. You aren't safe just because you aren't online.
It is reversible, just disable autorcm, and use a jig to enter rcm mode, you can use daybreak to update your firmware, but you need a custom bootloader to preserve your fuse, if you have a low fuse count and a high firmware and it boot without a custom bootloader, it burnt your fuse. Shouldn't be a problem if your sysmmc firmware is higher than emummc, no conflict.
Seriously, why did you even reply when I already replied back? Not only did you repeat what I said but you ignored the new post.

Reactions: Windsall

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, its pretty simple. Just leave the console on with the Wi-Fi settings entered and it will download the update automatically in a few minutes. Once offline, you can try launching a title and a prompt to install the update will come up. But even if its installed offline, the console logs telemetry within itself that it transmits to Nintendo once its back online. You aren't safe just because you aren't online.

Seriously, why did you even reply when I already replied back? Not only did you repeat what I said but you ignored the new post.

got a problem with it, then deal with it

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thanks that's very helpful. I might use that way doing it (as long as no one's been banned for that?).

Does that mean that 'any' booting in sysmmc that's not stock, even if offline, has exposure like that?
Since daybreak isn't being used I would think nothing modded is being logged but I don't know what does.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a problem with it, then deal with it
I am dealing with it by calling you out on it.
Ok thanks that's very helpful. I might use that way doing it (as long as no one's been banned for that?).

Does that mean that 'any' booting in sysmmc that's not stock, even if offline, has exposure like that?
Since daybreak isn't being used I would think nothing modded is being logged but I don't know what does.
Yes, any usage of CFW/homebrew can lead to a ban regardless if its done online or offline.

PineappleCrab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you only need the jig to enter rcm mode IF your Switch is OFF (i.e. not in standby or rcm) once your in and RCM is enabled you won't need the jig, unless your switch battery dies while in rcm mode
Got it, that's what I thought I was reading and I'm glad to have it confirmed.

The exploit is not persistent so if you ever turn off the console and want to load CFW, you will need to re-enter RCM. On one hand, you can bridge the pins every time or you could enable AutoRCM which, as the name implies, boots the console AUTOmatically into RCM. Alternatively, you could just never turn off the console and keep it in Sleep Mode. The battery consumption is fairly low.

The modchip is a way to inject payloads within the console and without the need for an external device. The modchip doesn't replace RCM but there are some mods you can perform that will boot the console automatically into RCM without a jig or AutoRCM.
I appreciate the clear response. I'll give it a shot with AutoRCM first, and install a modchip if I feel the need to later. Thanks for the help! Sorry about that person calling you weird lol, the internet is a strange place.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, any usage of CFW/homebrew can lead to a ban regardless if its done online or offline.
Got it. In that case I'm leaning towards not using cfw for system updates at all and just sucking it up and using the jig after there's updates. Probably won't have a use for the fuses anyway.

I am curious though, how safe/unsafe do you think it is to update with cfw?

Last edited by Windsall,

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have noticed that when opening jksv, it takes a while because i have some, what looks like, over 300+ save. is there a quick or even semi-complicated way to (after i backup all of my saves) to mass remove saves from the console itself. and i would prefer not to factory reset, if possible.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have noticed that when opening jksv, it takes a while because i have some, what looks like, over 300+ save. is there a quick or even semi-complicated way to (after i backup all of my saves) to mass remove saves from the console itself. and i would prefer not to factory reset, if possible.
DBI
Connect your Switch to pc then run dbi - mtp responder. You'll see a drive on your PC called "Switch" Go inside and select "Saves". Delete at will.

can also do the same with tinfoil usb mode.

Reactions: Gamerjin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. In that case I'm leaning towards not using cfw for system updates at all and just sucking it up and using the jig after there's updates. Probably won't have a use for the fuses anyway.

I am curious though, how safe/unsafe do you think it is to update with cfw?
Its probably close to 0% in terms of being unsafe. Like I said, I have always updated using the second method I listed previously and have not been banned yet knowing the risk. I just caution you and other people that you may not have the same luck as bans are distributed at random.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I buyed used already hacked switch v1. Where I can find newest working sigpatches? And how i can update them?
Dont be cruel for me. I only have unhacked switch lite previously

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

punsdarce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into issues getting BotW working because I can't figure out how to update it without connecting to the internet on my emuMMC. Is it safe to connect to the internet on my emuMMC to update the game? Is there an alternate way to update it?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running into issues getting BotW working because I can't figure out how to update it without connecting to the internet on my emuMMC. Is it safe to connect to the internet on my emuMMC to update the game? Is there an alternate way to update it?
download the update nsp and install it using any game installer homebrew tinfoil/tinleaf/tinwoo/goldleaf/dbi ect. as for where, cant link here sry. google is your friend.

punsdarce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download the update nsp and install it using any game installer homebrew tinfoil/tinleaf/tinwoo/goldleaf/dbi ect. as for where, cant link here sry. google is your friend.
Thanks for the help! I tried that using goldleaf and my switch said the data was corrupted. After deleting all the BotW data and trying again by downloading it from the eshop without CFW then copying it to my emuMMC, I got it to update (kinda). When I press + on the home screen, my switch says it's version 1.6.0 but when I launch the game itself, it loads version 1.5.0, and thus, when I try to start a new game with mods, it loads indefinitely because the mods are made for 1.6.0.

I don't understand why the switch home screen says one thing and the game itself says another, but it's most certainly running 1.5.0. Any idea why it could be doing this?

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,
is there a way to play Majoras Mask (Switch online version) without the online subscription?
Unfortunately my console is banned and I finally wanted to play this masterpiece.

RayG90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its probably close to 0% in terms of being unsafe. Like I said, I have always updated using the second method I listed previously and have not been banned yet knowing the risk. I just caution you and other people that you may not have the same luck as bans are distributed at random.
^I have tried to be as safe as I could. But I must've slipped because my Switch finally got banned after having it modded for quote some time. Luckily it is old and I only use it for the hacks.

• Wow

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
is there a way to play Majoras Mask (Switch online version) without the online subscription?
Unfortunately my console is banned and I finally wanted to play this masterpiece.
Based on what I read, you can install it like you would any other .NSP file. The trouble is tracking it down because we cannot link warez on this forum. But if you do manage to find and install it, you may require a linked Nintendo Account. If you don't have one already, you can link a fake one with Linkalho.

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please share the most upto date hekate_ipl.ini script which includes stuff like stock nand, atmosphere and atmosphere emummc. I am having some issues and just want to make sure its nothing to do with outdated script or wrong pathways. I am using latest atmosphere and hekate and emummc was made using partition based.
I also plan to use sigpatches but havent included them yet... TIA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones