Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to ask over here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/page-2542#post-9921582

lots of bad chatter about fps for this game on Switch. Would be strange if we needed an overclock to play a stock game…
many switch games need a overlock to run properly on switch :rofl2: so thats nothing new. crysis off the top of my head was particularly bad for months.

personally I OC every game to 1224/768/1600 to avoid nintendos/devs laziness

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I used the GUI version before on Windows 7, and it worked fine. The cli version also works fine, even on Linux, but it's made for Windows. It should work for you too. I'd say the developer has done a fine job, as his software, although kind of old, still works and is useful with the latest nsp files, as long as you're using a recent prod.keys. What version of Windows are you using? Maybe try running in retro-compatibility mode, or something. I'm not much of a Windows user, anymore, although I still have access to Windows 7. Assuming your NSP files are OK, that only leaves your USB ports or your USB-C cable as possible culprits. Have you tried other cables/ports? Worst case scenario, you'll have to resort to copying the files by hand to the SD card, but it's really not too great, as the SD port is flaky on the Switch, and the less you insert and remove the SD card, the safer you are from a hardware malfunction.
Assuming your NSP files are OK, that only leaves your USB ports or your USB-C cable as possible culprits. Have you tried other cables/ports?
-> I have ust tried with a different usb-c cable and the transferring was ok. But it cannot be installed. There must be something else. A little step done, anyway. Could someone help?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_080539_1.jpg
    IMG_20220830_080539_1.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your NSP files are OK, that only leaves your USB ports or your USB-C cable as possible culprits. Have you tried other cables/ports?
-> I have ust tried with a different usb-c cable and the transferring was ok. But it cannot be installed. There must be something else. A little step done, anyway. Could someone help?
Thank you

Something is amiss with your prior setup. Let’s go back to basics.

Step through the following slowly, one step at a time.
Download fresh zip files…don’t reuse anything you’ve downloaded before.
Do each step even if you’ve done it before.
if you see any errors, stop, and let us know what it is.

1) Move/Rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
2) Move/Rename /bootloader to /bootloader.bk
3) copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/
4) execute each step in this: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0
5) ensure your protection is in place https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
6) reboot and make sure the base system works

Once successfully booting…
7) grab latest 14.1.2 FW from that Darthsternie Firmware site
8) follow the daybreak instructions here https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

Once done, reboot, and take a screenshot of your Firmware version in System Setting and share itmhere.

Last edited by binkinator,

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Something is amiss with your prior setup. Let’s go back to basics.

Step through the following slowly, one step at a time.
Download fresh zip files…don’t reuse anything you’ve downloaded before.
Do each step even if you’ve done it before.
if you see any errors, stop, and let us know what it is.

1) Move/Rename /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bk
2) Move/Rename /bootloader to /bootloader.bk
3) copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/
4) execute each step in this: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0
5) ensure your protection is in place https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM
6) reboot and make sure the base system works

Once successfully booting…
7) grab latest 14.1.2 FW from that Darthsternie Firmware site
8) follow the daybreak instructions here https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade

Once done, reboot, and take a screenshot of your Firmware version in System Setting and share itmhere.
done
every steps you wrote me
no errors occurred in the meantime
I used old hekate_ipl.ini (copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/) and press CFW sysNand button in Lauch menu in Hetake to lauch Atmosphere
Everything was downloaded againg and put on SD card
the base systems worked, so I updated to 14.1.2 (rebootless version, the latest one) got from Archive.org
Result was the same as before
In attach my Firmware version in System Setting

Attachments

• 1661855999878.jpg
    1661855999878.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
done
every steps you wrote me
no errors occurred in the meantime
I used old hekate_ipl.ini (copy /bootloader.bk/hekate_ipl.ini to /bootloader/) and press CFW sysNand button in Lauch menu in Hetake to lauch Atmosphere
Everything was downloaded againg and put on SD card
the base systems worked, so I updated to 14.1.2 (rebootless version, the latest one) got from Archive.org
Result was the same as before
In attach my Firmware version in System Setting
Much appreciated. Looks good.

You grabbed the Sigpatches from that document and unzipped them in the root of your sd card as well?

https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/sigpatches.zip

e: please share your current hekate_ipl.ini file that you copied over From backup.
(I think you did earlier but I can’t find it now and want to make sure we’re on the same page)

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You grabbed the Sigpatches from that document and unzipped them in the root of your sd card as well? -> yes I did. I took from here: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0 -> sigpatches and unzipped in root of SD card

here you are current hekate_ipl.ini file: (pressed CFW - sysMMC button from Launch menu to start Atmo, but already done also trought fusee.bin in payload menu, many times...)

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You grabbed the Sigpatches from that document and unzipped them in the root of your sd card as well? -> yes I did. I took from here: https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0 -> sigpatches and unzipped in root of SD card

here you are current hekate_ipl.ini file: (pressed CFW - sysMMC button from Launch menu to start Atmo, but already done also trought fusee.bin in payload menu, many times...)

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

at this point you’ve got nothing to lose by literally changing this:
[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

to be this:
[CFW - sysMMC]
payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
and rebooting and selecting [CFW - sysMMC]

if this doesn’t work we will have no other option but to get more drastic/intrusive, so I hope it works…

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
at this point you’ve got nothing to lose by literally changing this:

to be this:

and rebooting and selecting [CFW - sysMMC]

if this doesn’t work we will have no other option but to get more drastic/intrusive, so I hope it works…
Tomorrow I will try
What about downgrade to a fw version earlier, both ofw and cfw?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomorrow I will try
What about downgrade to a fw version earlier, both ofw and cfw?

Sounds good.

Downgrading won’t help at all. It’s always better to run the latest so everything is in sync (Sigpatches must match FW)

e: keep us posted on the status of this last test.

Reactions: Hayato213

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds good.

Downgrading won’t help at all. It’s always better to run the latest so everything is in sync (Sigpatches must match FW)

e: keep us posted on the status of this last test.
same as other tries
no differences
also changing, once again, the usb-c cable
some nca is in length ok, signature ok state
some other in invalid nca magic state

JcBaaps

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hey guys I'm looking for some help, I have a switch that used to run CFW fine then I left it sitting for ages probably over a year but now I can't get anything to run.
I can detect RCM in tegraGui and can successfully inject payloads but nothing ever runs on the switch.
Tried multiple payloads (fusee, hekate, lockpick) with no success.
The switch is not patched, double checked just incase :rofl:
I was running CFW in 2020 with no problems.
I also have the ofw backup from when I first installed CFW
Also also I am using autoRCM.

Any ideas?

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey guys I'm looking for some help, I have a switch that used to run CFW fine then I left it sitting for ages probably over a year but now I can't get anything to run.
I can detect RCM in tegraGui and can successfully inject payloads but nothing ever runs on the switch.
Tried multiple payloads (fusee, hekate, lockpick) with no success.
The switch is not patched, double checked just incase :rofl:
I was running CFW in 2020 with no problems.
I also have the ofw backup from when I first installed CFW
Also also I am using autoRCM.

Any ideas?
unless the Switch was left on a dock/connected to power all that time your battery might be dead 🤷🏼‍♀

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, how do I install split XCI with tinfoil/goldleaf/awooo on Atmosphere? I use exFAT so I split the XCI with XCI cutter but none of the 3 apps I use to install seem to recognize them and offer an option to install them as a whole XCI.

JcBaaps

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
unless the Switch was left on a dock/connected to power all that time your battery might be dead 🤷🏼‍♀
I thought that was the problem as well, but it seems like it is receiving power fine, I can inject a payload with tegra and the screen comes on although it's just black (backlit) and I can leave it like this for hours. The screen definitely is on because I can see the change in being backlit and not when I hold the power after to turn it off.

Tayfunx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, is it possible to use the switch portable mode (less demanding) while connected to the Dock/TV?

So that the switch would go lower resolution with lower usage of gpu/ram. But then i could overclock it to get like 60fps or something in docked mode. (I know the graphics and resolution is gonna take a hit compared to real docked mode).

Is there something that could enable this?

screech

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, I just bought a used unpatched switch, (220 €) I wanted to know if I can use the sysnand online with eShop and play online with that and use the emunand for offline games ... in addition to the tricks I find in the guide (90dns and incognito) do you advise me to do anything else so as not to be banned on the emunand? to use the sysnand I remove the SD and turn on the switch? thank you.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, how do I install split XCI with tinfoil/goldleaf/awooo on Atmosphere? I use exFAT so I split the XCI with XCI cutter but none of the 3 apps I use to install seem to recognize them and offer an option to install them as a whole XCI.
Have you tried using TinWoo Installer? Its an upgraded version of Awoo Installer. Either way, you shouldn't need to split the .XCI files in the first place as you can install unsplit .XCI files via USB with TinWoo.
Hello, is it possible to use the switch portable mode (less demanding) while connected to the Dock/TV?

So that the switch would go lower resolution with lower usage of gpu/ram. But then i could overclock it to get like 60fps or something in docked mode. (I know the graphics and resolution is gonna take a hit compared to real docked mode).

Is there something that could enable this?
Reverse-NX might be what you're looking for.
hi, I just bought a used unpatched switch, (220 €) I wanted to know if I can use the sysnand online with eShop and play online with that and use the emunand for offline games ... in addition to the tricks I find in the guide (90dns and incognito) do you advise me to do anything else so as not to be banned on the emunand? to use the sysnand I remove the SD and turn on the switch? thank you.
You don't even need 90DNS or Incognito. Those technically do not prevent bans. Just delete the Wi-Fi settings and avoid the hassle of using another tool. Also why on Earth would you need to remove the SD card to use sysMMC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1