Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ta
Even good sites get a bad upload every once in a while. Try a different source just for kicks.

Another thing you can try is to make a new stanza in your hekate_ipl.ini file test just booting fusee.bin

Copy this file https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest/download/fusee.bin
to /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

add this at the bottom of your current /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file

Reboot your switch and launch Test Atmosphere CFTa

Even good sites get a bad upload every once in a while. Try a different source just for kicks.

Another thing you can try is to make a new stanza in your hekate_ipl.ini file test just booting fusee.bin

Copy this file https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest/download/fusee.bin
to /bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

add this at the bottom of your current /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file

Reboot your switch and launch Test Atmosphere CFW
Thanks for your ideas.
Already tried directly inject fusee.bin. nothing changed.
About site where I took nsp: as you saw in my previous post, I tried at least 4-5 different nsp. It cannot be bad files...I cannot believe it. Maybe when I put all rar parts together?
I will try again, but...

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rar? rar files don't require you to put anything together. That's automatic when you open the first one and extract it. It simply won't extract, if you don't have all of the pieces. You know that rar is like a multi-part .zip, right? You aren't trying to manually combine them, then renaming to .nsp... right? Do you have 7zip installed?

Last edited by urherenow,

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes pal I know I know
7zip used, but also done with specific sw on Mac
I wanted to say: what you download is a .part file and then you have to put all together. Not by hand of course but by sw, i.e. you need the latest WinRAR to do that and so on ...
I hope to have clarified
Thank you

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7zip is cross-platform, and handles rar. winrar has been garbage for literally decades. ijs...

what is your sd card formatted to, and have you run h2testw on it?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat32 as suggested by any guide
Already run several times. No errors
does your .rar software show a crc or something? Did you compare what it says, to the file after you extracted it? Do you have antivirus stuff running that might interfere while extracting? Sorry, I need to get to bed. I'll check this thread in the morning to see where you're at with troubleshooting. You may also want to use an nsp splitter, and simply try to install from sd. To rule out network/ram issues.

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Power and video signal are two different things. USC-C has multiple pins and multiple functions behind it. Now youknow it’s very unlikely to be the battery.
ends up i just had to clean the usb-c port. The old battery WAS the problem, and i'm avoiding playing animal crossing because that's what started all this in the first place somehow.

Reactions: binkinator

RyoShinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have setup my Switch according to the rentry.org EristaEmuNAND guide. This includes setting up Exosphere and DNS MITM. If I now install for example DBI, use it to install NSPs, etc., I'm still able to launch my SysNAND via Hekate and act as nothing had happened? Meaning I can still play with my friends online or via network (on the SysNAND)? Nintendo won't scan my SD card and detect the NSP installations? Or should I get another SD card for using the SysNAND? Thanks!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have setup my Switch according to the rentry.org EristaEmuNAND guide. This includes setting up Exosphere and DNS MITM. If I now install for example DBI, use it to install NSPs, etc., I'm still able to launch my SysNAND via Hekate and act as nothing had happened? Meaning I can still play with my friends online or via network (on the SysNAND)? Nintendo won't scan my SD card and detect the NSP installations? Or should I get another SD card for using the SysNAND? Thanks!
Correct. You can launch Sysnand/CFW or just pure OFW by not going Into RCM mode and injecting a payload. Sysnand is Sysnand. Scanning a card does not prove piracy, it could be your cousins sd card. Also, what if you had your medical records on that sd card and Ninty was caught snooping your personal files just because they felt like it? Huge privacy concerns for a company to go doing shit like that. Just don’t go Online with NSPs (or XCIs or any other dirty little loopholes you might think of) installed or try to cheat in a online game and you are doing exactly what many have done before you without any banning issues.

the boobies rule is:
Sysnand 100% clean to go online.
Emunand for everything else.

Until you know enough about when it’s safe to bend these simple rules, just stick with them and you’ll be relatively safe.

Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: RyoShinzo

RyoShinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct. You can launch Sysnand/CFW or just pure OFW by not going Into RCM mode and injecting a payload. Sysnand is Sysnand. Scanning a card does not prove piracy, it could be your cousins sd card. Also, what if you had your medical records on that sd card and Ninty was caught snooping your personal files just because they felt like it? Huge privacy concerns for a company to go doing shit like that. Just don’t go Online with NSPs (or XCIs or any other dirty little loopholes you might think of) installed or try to cheat in a online game and you are doing exactly what many have done before you without any banning issues.

Switch Banning Hub — The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!
Thanks!

When you say "just don't go online with NSPs [...] installed", what does that mean? If I install a game on EmuNAND with DBI, that's still fine, because I installed it on the EmuNAND? I would only get in trouble if I somehow would install NSPs to my SysNAND?

As you mentioned launching SysNAND by not going into RCM: Currently I have AutoRCM enabled, so I would launch SysNAND via Hekate. Is that fine, or do I need to disable AutoRCM?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

When you say "just don't go online with NSPs [...] installed", what does that mean? If I install a game on EmuNAND with DBI, that's still fine, because I installed it on the EmuNAND? I would only get in trouble if I somehow would install NSPs to my SysNAND?

As you mentioned launching SysNAND by not going into RCM: Currently I have AutoRCM enabled, so I would launch SysNAND via Hekate. Is that fine, or do I need to disable AutoRCM?
Correct. Don’t install an NSP anywhere and then allow you dirty Switch to connect to Ninty and tell on you.

If you install an NSP in Emunand, you must then prevent that Emunand from connecting to Ninty by whatever means necessary, be that Airplane mode, 90DNS, throw in Incognito_RCM or unplug your wifi. I just use exosphere and dns:mitm and it works great. Your level of paranoia might dictate you use more or less.

launching Sysnand via Hekate is perfectly fine.

RyoShinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Correct. Don’t install an NSP anywhere and then allow you dirty Switch to connect to Ninty and tell on you.

If you install an NSP in Emunand, you must then prevent that Emunand from connecting to Ninty by whatever means necessary, be that Airplane mode, 90DNS, throw in Incognito_RCM or unplug your wifi. I just use exosphere and dns:mitm and it works great. Your level of paranoia might dictate you use more or less.

launching Sysnand via Hekate is perfectly fine.
Thanks again. And sorry for asking again, but better safe than sorry, because you wrote "Don’t install an NSP anywhere"

• NSPs, etc. are installed on EmuNAND via DBI
  • EmuNAND is strictly in Airplane Mode, Exosphere and DNS MITM are active
  • SysNAND is connected to my Wi-Fi to download firmware updates, updates for my retail games or play games online
This should not get me banned, because even when I installed NSPs, they are only visible on EmuNAND and not to the SysNAND.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again. And sorry for asking again, but better safe than sorry, because you wrote "Don’t install an NSP anywhere"
“…and then allow your dirty Switch to connect to Ninty and tell on you.”

Can’t quote out of context…it changes the meaning dramatically. ;-)

so for example if you think you can just install NSPs on Emunand and then allow Emunand to connect to Ninty, you will get banned. Just using Emunand won’t protect you. Only exosphere, dns:mitm, Incognito_RCM, 90DNS or Disable Network (Airplane, unplug, etc., etc.)
  • NSPs, etc. are installed on EmuNAND via DBI
good
  • EmuNAND is strictly in Airplane Mode, Exosphere and DNS MITM are active
Perfect. This meets the criteria.
  • SysNAND is connected to my Wi-Fi to download firmware updates, updates for my retail games or play games online
Perfect
This should not get me banned, because even when I installed NSPs, they are only visible on EmuNAND and not to the SysNAND.
Correct

Last edited by binkinator,

RyoShinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
“…and then allow your dirty Switch to connect to Ninty and tell on you.”

Can’t quote out of context…it changes the meaning dramatically. ;-)

so for example if you think you can just install NSPs on Emunand and then allow Emunand to connect to Ninty, you will get banned. Just using Emunand won’t protect you. Only exosphere, dns:mitm, Incognito_RCM, 90DNS or Disable Network (Airplane, unplug, etc., etc.)

good

Perfect. This meets the criteria.

Perfect

Correct
Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for your help, really appreciate it!
You bet! Enjoy your hacked Switch!

BTW, to use network features you will likely want to turn off Airplane mode so you can connect to other Internet features. If you have exosphere and dns:mitm set up properly you can disable Airplane mode because those two modules will prevent you from talking to Ninty. (Basically stating that Airplane mode is overkill and you might miss out on some features you want if it‘s on…your call.)
  • 90DNSTester -- DNS tester to make sure Ninty can't find you while playing hide-n-seek!

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

Quick question. I am about to do a modchip install (hwfly v4 core) on a V2 Mariko Switch. The switch Currently has fw 11.0.1 . Can someone please tell me if it's safe to update the switch first to the latest fw (14.1.2) first before the modchip install, does it matter?

The hwfly chip comes with fw 0.7.1

Thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Quick question. I am about to do a modchip install (hwfly v4 core) on a V2 Mariko Switch. The switch Currently has fw 11.0.1 . Can someone please tell me if it's safe to update the switch first to the latest fw (14.1.2) first before the modchip install, does it matter?

The hwfly chip comes with fw 0.7.1

Thank you
Doesn’t matter one bit for a mod chip hack. It’s safe to update.

Reactions: AQS

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
check the USB-C cable connection to your USB port, try with another USB-C cable -> I can do it, with another cable of mine, as soon as possible
verify the integrity of the game file ->
--------------------------------------------------------------
Application starts at 26 agosto 2022 13:48:50

Reading keys
- prod.keys (exists)
- title.keys (exists)
- console.keys (not exists)
Found 1 title keys
Reading version list
Initialization success

Open Directory
6 files selected

Processing file E:\NS\nut\titles\Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze[0100C1F0051B6000][v0].nsp
in NX_Game_Info.Process.processFile(String filename)

File E:\NS\nut\titles\Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze[0100C1F0051B6000][v0].nsp has failed to process

check the SD card for errors, when installing via MTP ->
Warning: Only 59235 of 59632 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 24.8 MByte/s
Reading speed: 82.7 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

The warining is related to sd card is not empty (stuffs related to CFW), I guess

try to run DBI in application mode (title override) holding the R button while launching a title -> not possible, no title installed (the very first time it is a normal scenario)

Really strange behaviour! I just installed a bunch of nsz/nsp files myself via DBI MTP responder, and everything went super smooth -> It would be interesting check my environment against your files...is it possible to know where nsz/nsp files come from?
We should concentrate on making NX_Game_info work on your system.. It seems to be choking for some reason, on your end. When I run it on Linux here (command line interface version), I get something like this:

wine nxgameinfo_cli.exe /home/Dust2dust/Documents/switch/PictoQuest\[010043B00E1CE000\]\[v0\].nsp

NX Game Info 0.7.1.0
Copyright © 2018-2019 Garoxas

Opening file /home/Dust2dust/Documents/switch/PictoQuest[010043B00E1CE000][v0].nsp

/home/Dust2dust/Documents/switch/PictoQuest[010043B00E1CE000][v0].nsp
├ Title ID: 010043B00E1CE000
├ Base Title ID: 010043B00E1CE000
├ Title Name: PictoQuest
├ Display Version: 1.0.0
├ Version: 0
├ Latest Version:
├ System Update:
├ System Version: 8.1.0
├ Application Version:
├ Masterkey: 7 (7.0.0-8.0.1)
├ Title Key: 0CE575727559BA12A175C45656A586DA
├ Publisher: Plug In Digital
├ Languages: en-US,fr,de,es,it,ru
├ Filename: /home/Dust2dust/Documents/switch/PictoQuest[010043B00E1CE000][v0].nsp
├ Filesize: 410.45 MB
├ Type: Base
├ Distribution: Digital
├ Structure: CDN
├ Signature: Passed
├ Permission: Safe
└ Error:

1 titles processed

So on Windows, it should be nxgameinfo_cli.exe **full path of your nsp file** (not including the **)
You enter that in a command prompt (that black window thing) and the command prompt should be opened in the same directory where nxgameinfo_cli.exe is located. Don't forget to also include a fresh prod.keys in that same directory. Once you get it working, it should help you to verify all your nsp files. The most important info is Structure, Signature and Permission. CDN means originally downloaded from eShop, Signature passed means it hasn't been tampered with, and Permission Safe means it won't do nasty stuff to your console.

My nsp/nsz files come from a variety of sources, some more trustworthy than others, but when I'm in doubt, a quick check with nx game_ info is enough to reassure me.

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +2