Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the link! I had a feeling that was the recommended guide, just wanted to make sure.

This is kind of an aside, but is it recommended to use separate SD cards if you want to use your Switch for both OFW and CFW, or is it safe enough to use like a dualboot setup on the same card? I was planning to have an official account with a few games I intend to buy and play online but I'd still like to be able to switch over to CFW sometimes. I figured it would be better if you can make separate partitions on the same card and just use one, rather than constantly having to swap out sd cards.
If this is in regards to whether or not Nintendo scans the SD card, there are multiple reasons why that isn't a viable ban method. For one, its not foolproof as having the contents of CFW/homebrew aren't enough to hack the console so someone who just so happens to have them on their SD card can be a false positive. Its also a violation of privacy for Nintendo to check what files are on people's personal SD cards. So as you can see, its not worth it for Nintendo to just look at what people have on their cards then ban them.
If I want to make a new emunand, what should I backup? Saves and games? Or atmo folder too?
That depends on a couple of factors. Is the emuMMC on the same SD card? If yes, then you only need to backup the save data (assuming its a partition-based emuMMC) as save data is typically the only thing stored within the emuMMC. If you installed any games to the internal memory of emuMMC, then you would have to back those up as well since that would mean they were installed inside the partition aka emuMMC itself. If the new emuMMC won't be on the same SD card, then you'll have to at least backup both save data and whatever games were installed regardless if they were internal memory or to the SD card. You only ever need to backup the /atmosphere folder if you modified it outside of the vanilla configuration with cheats, game mods, etc.

Lirilex

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi guys. I have a problem with my modified switch. I installed lakka on it and it works great. But after I try to start the atmosphere and switch to sleep mode, the switch doesn't do anything, and I need to hold it for 12 seconds to turn it off, can I somehow fix this?

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes

yes

yes

yes

don’t have to…you can leave Sysnand alone and just update Emunand via Daybreak. You can get firmware from that Darthsternie Firmware site.
(your steps are correct for Sysnand…just stating that it’s not required to update Sysnand immediately…emu and sys are independent)

Yes. You pass with flying colors.
I have returned after trying this, but now I'm getting error 2137-8007 when trying to download the update (on CFW sysnand). I've searched around and it seems to be just a network error, but my guess is that since I'm on atmosphere now, default.txt on atmosphere/hosts is still blocking all the nintendo servers, even if I've set "blank_prodinfo_sysmmc" to 0.
Now my next guess is that I have to:
1. Temporarily delete default.txt
2. Go into CFW sysnand, connect to wifi and get the update
3. Restore default.txt to where it was, in order to keep using the emunand safely (while clean sysnand will still have access to nintendo servers and be able to play online)
Still I wanted to ask here first if that's a safe thing to do or if I'm getting something wrong before actually trying it...

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have returned after trying this, but now I'm getting error 2137-8007 when trying to download the update (on CFW sysnand). I've searched around and it seems to be just a network error, but my guess is that since I'm on atmosphere now, default.txt on atmosphere/hosts is still blocking all the nintendo servers, even if I've set "blank_prodinfo_sysmmc" to 0.
Now my next guess is that I have to:
1. Temporarily delete default.txt
2. Go into CFW sysnand, connect to wifi and get the update
3. Restore default.txt to where it was, in order to keep using the emunand safely (while clean sysnand will still have access to nintendo servers and be able to play online)
Still I wanted to ask here first if that's a safe thing to do or if I'm getting something wrong before actually trying it...
Yes, your instincts on root cause are correct.

Your proposed solution, however, is way too complicated. :-)

Rename default.txt to emummc.txt and it will go on emmunand only.

here the reference on how it works:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/dns_mitm.md

(When you move the default.txt file, a new one will be created that only blocks telemetry…that’s fine…let it do it. This is why you had the one RED line in 90DNS Tester btw.)

Last edited by binkinator,

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, your instincts on root cause are correct.

Your proposed solution, however, is way too complicated. :-)

Rename default.txt to emummc.txt and it will go on emmunand only.

here the reference on how it works:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/dns_mitm.md

(When you move the default.txt file, a new one will be created that only blocks telemetry…that’s fine…let it do it. This is why you had the one RED line in 90DNS Tester btw.)
Thanks for the explanation (and the fast reply)! I guess I really was overthinking it. I tried what you said, tested that I still had all greens on emunand, then got the update the way I meant to. Now I'm on stock sysnand, connected to a nintendo account, and I can access the eshop which I guess means I'm not banned! (yet!)
If I ever get banned I'll remember to report my story on the bans thread.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the explanation (and the fast reply)! I guess I really was overthinking it. I tried what you said, tested that I still had all greens on emunand, then got the update the way I meant to. Now I'm on stock sysnand, connected to a nintendo account, and I can access the eshop which I guess means I'm not banned! (yet!)
If I ever get banned I'll remember to report my story on the bans thread.
Good stuff man. Glad you’re sorted. Enjoy your switch!

yukataa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
How can I erase a dirty sysNAND if I don't have a backup?
I want to move my nsps, homebrew and themes to an emuNAND and erase my current sysNAND so I can go online with it, but I bought this modded switch from someone and they didn't backup before installing nsps. It's a Switch Lite, modded with the SX Lite modchip and is on Atmosphere.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I erase a dirty sysNAND if I don't have a backup?
I want to move my nsps, homebrew and themes to an emuNAND and erase my current sysNAND so I can go online with it, but I bought this modded switch from someone and they didn't backup before installing nsps. It's a Switch Lite, modded with the SX Lite modchip and is on Atmosphere.
There is no way. Best thing you can do is a factory reset but that doesn't remove everything so you still risk getting banned when you go back online.

Annitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Hello, no idea if this is a noob or advanced problem, I can't get to make my injected Pokémon let's go pikachu save work, every time I go to save I get an error "save data in the Nintendo switch couldn't be recognized. Please turn off the system and try again"

Some more info: this is my own save from my previous emummc system which got corrupt but I had a copy on my pc. It works just fine to play that save , it won't just allow me to save overwrite .. ? I restored it first time from edizon and after I tried jvsk, same thing occurs again and again . Any help much appreciated !

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try updating your firmware. You can use Daybreak to update your firmware which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default.
I thought the whole point if updating sigpatches was to work around the need to update my firm? has something changed that is not true anymore?
i maybe missing something.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought the whole point if updating sigpatches was to work around the need to update my firm? has something changed that is not true anymore?
i maybe missing something.
Sigpatches and firmware are two different things, but they go hand in hand. In fact, the sigpatches version need to match exactly the firmware version. Keeping both fully updated is a good idea. Newer games (or their updates) need the latest versions.

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please share precisely what state your Switch is in after going through https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

Did you See any errors? What happens when you install and launch a game?

Screenshots will be helpful.

Many many many folks have gone through this guide successfully, ending up with all games working perfectly,
hello everyone

yesterday I tried and I tried again. I followed step by step all guides posted in Switch Hacking Is Easy thread. Everything worked perfectly, but, once again, I was not able to transfer NSP on my Switch. I tried all installer you suggested. Tinfoil (latest release) does not even work (there are lots of post that pointed it out) and using Tinleaf, Awoo installer, etc I always get this error:

INVALID NCA MAGIC

I guess the problem is in files: patches.ini and hekate_ipl.ini

Into patches.ini I can see section related to Atmosphere version 1.3.2 but nothing related to HOS 13.2.1 (13.1.0 is the newer, and then jump to 14.0.0)

hekate_ipl.ini is big doubt. The one you posted in your guide is definitivly wrong. I found two differents from a youtube video (Switch tutorial - Fix nca errors and "failed to install" errors with backups / games not installing) and from a zip package in your forum (Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.1.1-cfw-13.0.0.zip). But they did not work. Maybe because I do not have the correct HOS. Have I to update to 14?
Could you please post the correct hekate_ipl.ini file.

My current configuration
Switch firwmare version: 13.2.1
Atmosphere firmware version: 1.3.2
Hetake firmware version: 5.8.0

"Many many many folks have gone through this guide successfully, ending up with all games working perfectly" -> I know, I know. That's why I so disappointed...

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Upgraded to 14.0.0
Nothing changed...
Awoo installer tells not to launch it from Gallery, instead press R and click on one installed game (because Applet mode cannot properly work): I do not guess this is the problem, anyway I do have no games installed, so...
Now, I can only wait for you to solve this problem...I do not have any ideas...
Thank you

1661415378949.jpg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone

yesterday I tried and I tried again. I followed step by step all guides posted in Switch Hacking Is Easy thread. Everything worked perfectly, but, once again, I was not able to transfer NSP on my Switch. I tried all installer you suggested. Tinfoil (latest release) does not even work (there are lots of post that pointed it out) and using Tinleaf, Awoo installer, etc I always get this error:

INVALID NCA MAGIC

I guess the problem is in files: patches.ini and hekate_ipl.ini

Into patches.ini I can see section related to Atmosphere version 1.3.2 but nothing related to HOS 13.2.1 (13.1.0 is the newer, and then jump to 14.0.0)

hekate_ipl.ini is big doubt. The one you posted in your guide is definitivly wrong. I found two differents from a youtube video (Switch tutorial - Fix nca errors and "failed to install" errors with backups / games not installing) and from a zip package in your forum (Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.1.1-cfw-13.0.0.zip). But they did not work. Maybe because I do not have the correct HOS. Have I to update to 14?
Could you please post the correct hekate_ipl.ini file.

My current configuration
Switch firwmare version: 13.2.1
Atmosphere firmware version: 1.3.2
Hetake firmware version: 5.8.0

"Many many many folks have gone through this guide successfully, ending up with all games working perfectly" -> I know, I know. That's why I so disappointed...

In order to do latest Sigpatches you need to be on latest firmware. They have to match.

Get the latest FW from the Darthsternie Firmware site and then use Daybreak.nro (it comes with Atmosphere) to update your FW.

Then install the latest sigpatches from this thread:
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

I assure you that you will run into confusion by following old and outdated YT videos.

Upgraded to 14.0.0
Nothing changed...
Awoo installer tells not to launch it from Gallery, instead press R and click on one installed game (because Applet mode cannot properly work): I do not guess this is the problem, anyway I do have no games installed, so...
Now, I can only wait for you to solve this problem...I do not have any ideas...
Thank you

This could absolutely be the issue. I’ve not recommended Awoo or Tinleaf as I don’t typically use them. They are likely fine but here are the ones I’m most familiar with:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
After you get your FW upgraded to match the latest Sigpatches, try Tinwoo.

Last edited by binkinator,

foffoSwitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In order to do latest Sigpatches you need to be on latest firmware. They have to match.

Get the latest FW from the Darthsternie Firmware site and then use Daybreak.nro (it comes with Atmosphere) to update your FW.

Then install the latest sigpatches from this thread:
Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

I assure you that you will run into confusion by following old and outdated YT videos.

This could absolutely be the issue. I’ve not recommended Awoo or Tinleaf as I don’t typically use them. They are likely fine but here are the ones I’m most familiar with:

Installers​

• Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.
After you get your FW upgraded to match the latest Sigpatches, try Tinwoo.
Hi guys
Done everything you told me
Upgraded to latest firmware (14), used related sigpatches (got from the thread you gave me), installed and used Tinwoo as you suggested. But nothing has changed...
Any ideas? I will try to redo everything from scratch, but...
I Set up Atmosphere on SysNAND on Erista (Unpatched)

Attachments

• 1661426799774.jpg
    1661426799774.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 1661426799786.jpg
    1661426799786.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys
Done everything you told me
Upgraded to latest firmware (14), used related sigpatches (got from the thread you gave me), installed and used Tinwoo as you suggested. But nothing has changed...
Any ideas? I will try to redo everything from scratch, but...
I Set up Atmosphere on SysNAND on Erista (Unpatched)
Did you delete all traces of the installed file under System Setting -> Manage Data

also, why stop at 14.0.0?

EBE3C68E-AAD7-4EAF-BB32-8C7A7B86E788.jpeg

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigpatches and firmware are two different things, but they go hand in hand. In fact, the sigpatches version need to match exactly the firmware version. Keeping both fully updated is a good idea. Newer games (or their updates) need the latest versions.
yeah figured it was firm locked, daybreak still the best method for updating? and anybody know do i need all the way up to 14.1.2 or can i just do 14?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw