Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BarcodeGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I made an attempt at upgrading my old sx to atmosphere, now I'm unable to boot either. If any gurus want to discord/team view in and look at it I'd be happy to gift 6months patron subscription

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made an attempt at upgrading my old sx to atmosphere, now I'm unable to boot either. If any gurus want to discord/team view in and look at it I'd be happy to gift 6months patron subscription
What guide did you use to migrate?

Check this one out and see if you missed any steps: https://rentry.org/mys8q

Respond back here if you have questions on any of the discrepancie yiu might see between the guide and what was done.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: BarcodeGG

BarcodeGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What guide did you use to migrate?

Check this one out and see if you missed any steps

Respond back here if you have questions on any of the discrepancie yiu might see between the guide and what was done.
There were a few extra files in that guide I added. Hekate, ini files and sigpatches.

Im using the SX pro dongle with the SX pin and holding power + vol up and not getting anything though.

My system firmware is 5.1.0 still, so i think i may have updated the SX emunand to 8.1.0 possibly could be why it wont work any more?

reeferRick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so total newbie here, jailbroke my first switch a few days ago, and so far it's been pretty sick! Setup hakate, but now I'm wondering.

I wanted to setup a sysbot to use on BDSP, to have a private link trade bot for me and my friends when we feel like playing pokemon. Do I need to install and run the sysbot on my sysnand for link trades? I'm assuming yes right because I would have to connect to the internet, but again I'm new so I'm really not sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were a few extra files in that guide I added. Hekate, ini files and sigpatches.

Im using the SX pro dongle with the SX pin and holding power + vol up and not getting anything though.

My system firmware is 5.1.0 still, so i think i may have updated the SX emunand to 8.1.0 possibly could be why it wont work any more?

great that you found some additions.

Which migration guide were you initially following?

Some good detail on the dongle. When you say not getting anything, what does that mean? Are you not powering up or not getting to RCM mode or not getting past Hekate?

While we’re discussing specific actions, are you looking to keep SXOS and dual boot or are you looking to fully migrate to Atmosphere?

SXOS 3.1.0b can go up to FW 11.0.0. I dual boot it with Atmosphere 1.3.2 on FW 14.1.2. Dual boot is a much more complex venture though and aside from bragging rights, it doesn’t win you much functionality other than being able to mount XCIs. Since you can just install the same XCI on Atmosphere the complexity isn’t really worth it for most.

This is why I’m asking about your ultimate goal here so we can make sure we get you there.

Reactions: BarcodeGG

Wally0666

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you're better off learning out to update manually instead of using pakages especially from a youtuber no matter how "famous" they are, it will pay off in the end.
You are totally right! I just could never thing that random bugs could come from Hekate as nobody else met that problem.

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I finished modding my switch lite. It was a little touch and go, but it ended up being a dead battery lol. I managed to reach the spacecraft-NX “NO BIN” screen, which makes sense, because I had an SD card inserted, but only with Nintendo stuff on it.

Unfortunately, after fully charging my switch lite and setting up my SD card properly, the switch just boots normally. I tried booting into RCM by holding VOL+ while powering on, but that still boots normally. I opened the switch up again and noticed that the modchip's LED doesn't turn on anymore. I removed the SD card and tried booting again, and still no LED light. It's like the modchip just died all of a sudden. Using the usb debugger cable doesn't function either (still no light). Ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I finished modding my switch lite. It was a little touch and go, but it ended up being a dead battery lol. I managed to reach the spacecraft-NX “NO BIN” screen, which makes sense, because I had an SD card inserted, but only with Nintendo stuff on it.

Unfortunately, after fully charging my switch lite and setting up my SD card properly, the switch just boots normally. I tried booting into RCM by holding VOL+ while powering on, but that still boots normally. I opened the switch up again and noticed that the modchip's LED doesn't turn on anymore. I removed the SD card and tried booting again, and still no LED light. It's like the modchip just died all of a sudden. Using the usb debugger cable doesn't function either (still no light). Ideas?
RCM and Mod chip are two different techniques. Switch lite is Mariko so it’s modchip only.

It does appear that your modchip requires some troubleshooting. You will need to go over all soldering in fine detail until you find the error. Might want to pick up a lighted magnifying glass.

nomnaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM and Mod chip are two different techniques. Switch lite is Mariko so it’s modchip only.

It does appear that your modchip requires some troubleshooting. You will need to go over all soldering in fine detail until you find the error. Might want to pick up a lighted magnifying glass.
Yeah, I have USB magnifying camera. I can see some questionable solder joints, but soldering at this scale makes repair nigh impossible (at my skill and equipment level). I tried reflowing some of the solder to make better contact, but to no avail. At this point I think I have to cut my losses. It's still a working switch, just with a inert modchip inside lol.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have USB magnifying camera. I can see some questionable solder joints, but soldering at this scale makes repair nigh impossible (at my skill and equipment level). I tried reflowing some of the solder to make better contact, but to no avail. At this point I think I have to cut my losses. It's still a working switch, just with a inert modchip inside lol.
That…would bug the shit out of me.
Sorry to hear.
Maybe just put it down for a bit and come back later?

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there was a fork of the Rune Factory 5 Save Editor named Eliza....do someone have the link to its GitHub? (i remove the question if it the wrong place to ask)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BarcodeGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
great that you found some additions.

Which migration guide were you initially following?

Some good detail on the dongle. When you say not getting anything, what does that mean? Are you not powering up or not getting to RCM mode or not getting past Hekate?

While we’re discussing specific actions, are you looking to keep SXOS and dual boot or are you looking to fully migrate to Atmosphere?

SXOS 3.1.0b can go up to FW 11.0.0.
I'd like to just get sx back working again

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to just get sx back working again

We can do that.

Which guide we’re you using beforehand so we can assess how much has changed? (maybe 3rd time will be the charm?)

Do you still have boot.dat and license.dat on your root directory? Those two files and your SX Pro injector/jig are just about all you need for SXOS.

‘’What are you seeing when you attempt to do this?

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I replaced Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches again (the same procedure as updating Atmosphere) and now it worked!
I experience the same problem as you when installing xenoblade. 14.1.2 atmosphere 1.3.2.
installed the game with goldleaf, awoo.. everything installs but the game never starts. From where did you replaced Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experience the same problem as you when installing xenoblade. 14.1.2 atmosphere 1.3.2.
installed the game with goldleaf, awoo.. everything installs but the game never starts. From where did you replaced Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches?
You can use PC method here:

https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

clianvXAi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I guess I should wait for some Sigpatches updates. None of them seem to work. It’s strange, cause every other game works with no problem.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all