Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The one that says Fusee and the end should work. Make sure you download the right version of fusee.bin from Atmosphere site.
I had just download it fusee.bin from Atmosphere site, so I had tried to load the 4th option "Fusee" and it still freeze on just after the Switch logo. :huh:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had just download it fusee.bin from Atmosphere site, so I had tried to load the 4th option "Fusee" and it still freeze on just after the Switch logo. :huh:
When you started over, did you successfully format everything to one blank partition or did you overwrite /atmosphere and /bootloader when you unzipped the files?

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you started over, did you successfully format everything to one blank partition or did you overwrite /atmosphere and /bootloader when you unzipped the files?
I had format it to one blank partition, then add the files as per the guide. Also, it is a brand new Switch that I bought back in the old days, I didn't start using until this week.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do Patched Erista, Mariko, Aula boot into hekate/nyx with modchip?
Does the modchip unlock RCM Mode?
Before we even begin, understand that 'RCM Mode' is redundant; RCM stands for Recovery Mode so saying "RCM Mode" is like saying Recovery Mode Mode. You don't say PIN number or HIV virus do you? Anyway, RCM is already available on all consoles. Its an intended feature of the console. That's not the exploit used on unpatched consoles. The exploit is what you do after entering RCM which is obviously patched out on everything else.

To answer your question, its yes and no. It actually depends on which modchip you have because one can directly boot into Hekate while the other won't without some modifications. The first modchip available was the SX Core and cannot boot into Hekate without flashing spacecraft on top. The other modchip is the Hwfly which can boot into Hekate directly.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had format it to one blank partition, then add the files as per the guide. Also, it is a brand new Switch that I bought back in the old days, I didn't start using until this week.
Perfect…so when you went to sdsetup.com, which options did you select? I’m going to grab the same setup.

Wally0666

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There isn't a single person on this forum that would recommend downloading files. His installation videos may be helpful but there is very little reason to download files from a third-party when they are available to be downloaded from their official sources. I only recommended DeepSea so you wouldn't be confused when Atmosphere launches without Hekate hence the minimal version. Either way, the RCM Loader files shouldn't need to be changed.

I found the solution to make it works everytime without the problem of random black screens at the boot or after the nintendo logo: I used the latest package from this youtuber posted yesterday which contains hekate 5.8.
Mine was 5.7.2, the same provided in your DeepSea package not up to date yet.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ema96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, some time ago I bought a second hand switch (V1 I think) , the guy who sold me the console told me to never shut down the device otherwise i will lose the mod. It works this way? Since I've used the switch only for the few already installed games and knowing basically 0 about hacking and thus what mod I really have, reading the guide isn't helping me too much. So I'm here to ask what mod I could possibly have, how to update it (if I need) and every other basic stuff that I'm missing like the recommended homebrew. Basically I need to know where to watch or what file to find to understand what I have i guess. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

goFGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
recently updated to 14.1.2 + Hekate 5.8 (sigpatches and atmosphere is up to date)
my problem is now:
Tinfoil and other Games (not all) will not start anymore when i boot with hekate (rcm loader)
if i boot with fusee all is working normal.
what did i wrong?
this is my CFG

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

any help?

Last edited by goFGT,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, some time ago I bought a second hand switch (V1 I think) , the guy who sold me the console told me to never shut down the device otherwise i will lose the mod. It works this way? Since I've used the switch only for the few already installed games and knowing basically 0 about hacking and thus what mod I really have, reading the guide isn't helping me too much. So I'm here to ask what mod I could possibly have, how to update it (if I need) and every other basic stuff that I'm missing like the recommended homebrew. Basically I need to know where to watch or what file to find to understand what I have i guess. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you.

Yes, it works that way. The mod is not permanent and needs to be reintroduced after a reboot. Putting it in sleep mode doesn’t erase the mod. Since you are on a V1 you are almost certainly using the RCM method and might have received an “injector” to reintroduce the mod In the event of a reboot that clears it. If not there is a myriad of ways to inject a payload so don’t worry.

The mod you have is very likely called Atmosphere. (It could be SXOS if it’s a little older. It could be Reinx if it‘s really old).

Most of the guides out there just tell you what to do and don’t tell you why. Since you’re asking the right question, I will say this guide is the most long winded but provides the background you’re looking for: https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Once you’ve gone through that and picked up some background let’s come back here and talk through what you‘ve got and next steps…

Reactions: ema96

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found the solution to make it works everytime without the problem of random black screens at the boot or after the nintendo logo: I used the latest package from this youtuber posted yesterday which contains hekate 5.8.
Mine was 5.7.2, the same provided in your DeepSea package not up to date yet.
you're better off learning out to update manually instead of using pakages especially from a youtuber no matter how "famous" they are, it will pay off in the end.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updated recently to 14.1.2 + Hekate 5.8 (sigpatches and atmosphere is up to date)
my problem is now:
Tinfoil and other Games (not all) will not start anymore when i boot with hekate (rcm loader)
if i boot with fusee all is working normal.
what did i wrong?
this is my CFG

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
backlight=100

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

any help?

download the fusee.bin file from the official GitHub location where you picked up Atmosphere. Make sure you match the version number…you cannot mix and match. Place fusee.bin in /bootloader/payloads/ and then…

…change this
[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1
to this
[CFW - emuMMC]
payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

and you should be good to go!

Reactions: goFGT

goFGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
download the fusee.bin file from the official GitHub location where you picked up Atmosphere. Make sure you match the version number…you cannot mix and match. Place fusee.bin in /bootloader/payloads/ and then…

…change this

to this

and you should be good to go!
yea it is working again. thanks my man!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Eis090909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just installed the Pokemon Legends Arceus cheat database and i wanna spawn a pokemon but it doesent work. When i turn on Always Encounter and then press L on the Pokemon i want to spawn on the first page of the pokedex it only spawns lucario no matter what pokemon i selected. Also in the Edizon menu it says that the master code isnt activated and i cant turn it on. Is that normal or did i mess something up? Would really apprechiate help

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t think so. Having your Sysnand on 4.0.1 shouldn’t be an issue. I’m assuming you’ll be updating your Emunand firmware with Daybreak at some point down the road.
Hi Binkinator, yes I would like update via Daybreak if I can get through Atmosphere black screen. I still cannot find a breakthrough of the problem. :unsure:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Binkinator, yes I would like update via Daybreak if I can get through Atmosphere black screen. I still cannot find a breakthrough of the problem. :unsure:
I’m reluctant to tell you to upgrade from 4.0.1 since it’s a relatively low firmware and there‘s an off chance of there being an undiscovered software hack.

I hate bundles but in this case, let’s do this.

Format your SD Card to FAT32 w/ 32k block size using rufus and then drop this simple pack on and let’s see if we can get you running using HATS (worked for another guy earlier in this thread having similar issues.)

https://github.com/sthetix/HATS

e: if anyone else has ideas for why we’re seeing so many folks with black screens going through the usual methods, please speak up.

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?