binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi binkinator,

I ordered a new 512 GB Samsung EVO Plus MicroSD.
Since I was able to restore everything except one folder in \emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo\Contents\registered, I will try restoring everything to the new card when it arrives.

My question is what would be the best way to copy the EmuNAND partition? I mean how should I prepare the new SD card and transfer the data from the old EmuNAND partition?
I guess I can make the partitions in hekate but how will I copy the data from the old EmuNAND partition?

Also, do you know of a tool to set some sectors defective to make them unusable in an SD card to make it functional again? chkdsk /f ?

Thanks a lot
Between these two tools there’s almost nothing you can’t do with *nand.

NXNANDManagerQ: Got a naughty emunand that won’t behave?
EMUTool —A: between these tools it’s everything you could possible want to do to an emunand (and a little more…)

Let Hekate format your partitions and then use the above to manipulate Nand image in place…

If it requires more than chkdsk X: /f
…you really don’t want that drive around anyway.

Chaldothug45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just spent a week updating from SXOS to atmosphere downloading a bunch of content. Everything was working fine and then powered off my switch one day and then my SD card got corrupted. Any reason why this happens or how to prevent this or how to fix it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just spent a week updating from SXOS to atmosphere downloading a bunch of content. Everything was working fine and then powered off my switch one day and then my SD card got corrupted. Any reason why this happens or how to prevent this or how to fix it?

Buy name brand sd cards, format fat32 (exfat drivers on Switch are trash), make frequent backups/rotate your sd cards.

wish there was more but that’s it really.

Chaldothug45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy name brand sd cards, format fat32 (exfat drivers on Switch are trash), make frequent backups/rotate your sd cards.

wish there was more but that’s it really.
Just to be on the safe side when I used choidujour to update my firmware, I chose exfat for my installation because my SD card is formatted to exfat, Will that matter if I switch to fat32 on my SD card. And if I copy all my files to my desktop from my SD card format MySD card and move my files back to the formatted SD card. Will the games read or will I have to redownload them again because they are originally installed in my SD card?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be on the safe side when I used choidujour to update my firmware, I chose exfat for my installation because my SD card is formatted to exfat, Will that matter if I switch to fat32 on my SD card. And if I copy all my files to my desktop from my SD card format MySD card and move my files back to the formatted SD card. Will the games read or will I have to redownload them again because they are originally installed in my SD card?
Firmware has two options 1) FAT32 and 2) FAT32+exfat. There are no issues with having the second case with exfat drivers installed. It‘s The actual formatting of your SDCard to exfat that forces the firmware to use the drivers. When you format your SDCard with FAT32 w/ 32k blocks using something like rufus the bad exfat drivers will remain dormant. You will need to back up your data to PC, format, and restore your data to get off of exfat. As long as your backup is good yiu will not lose data but if you’re already having issues…we may have garbage going into the backup.

e: Daybreak.nro is the replacement for Choidujour as Choi has not been updated and will cause issues.

Chaldothug45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware has two options 1) FAT32 and 2) FAT32+exfat. There are no issues with having the second case with exfat drivers installed. It‘s The actual formatting of your SDCard to exfat that forces the firmware to use the drivers. When you format your SDCard with FAT32 w/ 32k blocks using something like rufus the bad exfat drivers will remain dormant. You will need to back up your data to PC, format, and restore your data to get off of exfat. As long as your backup is good yiu will not lose data but if you’re already having issues…we may have garbage going into the backup.

e: Daybreak.nro is the replacement for Choidujour as Choi has not been updated and will cause issues.
Thank you

Reactions: binkinator

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What's the easiest way to block Nintendo's servers from your internet connection?

Downloaded the hombebrew "switch-90dns-setter.nro". I'd imagine that'd take care of it once I boot it right? And I'd imagine it'll make no difference if it's wired connection or wifi.

I know there was a way to block them by inputting some manual DNS settings but I'm not sure which way is considered best.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the easiest way to block Nintendo's servers from your internet connection?

Downloaded the hombebrew "switch-90dns-setter.nro". I'd imagine that'd take care of it once I boot it right? And I'd imagine it'll make no difference if it's wired connection or wifi.

I know there was a way to block them by inputting some manual DNS settings but I'm not sure which way is considered best.
This will do DNS blocking and Prodinfo zeroing:

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

You can also check out Incognito_RCM and/or 90DNS but I just use the tools built into Atmosphere above w/ no issues.

Reactions: Walo

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

I have an unpatched switch and I had tried to follow the guide (https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy)

So I had set-up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista + set-up Exosphere / DNS MITM.

Official Firmware Version: 4.1.0
Atmosphere Version: 1.3.2
Hekate Version: 5.7.2
Enabled: AutoRCM

2.JPG

1.JPG

When I was booting for the first time on Atmosphere via Hekate, there were no problem and I was able to go to Homebrew Apps and download RetroArch. After, when I go to album and tried to load Goldleaf, I got an error launch code 2345-0037, not sure why. After that I turned off my switch to take a break. Later, when I tried to boot with TegraRCM and then boot Hekate, I had tried to launch Atmosphere but got only a logo of Atmosphere and then a black screen. I had tried to redo it but same thing is happening.

Setup of hetake_ipl.ini on Bootloader:

3.JPG

Any suggestion how to solve Atmosphere issue and also let me know if you need more info. Thank you!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I have an unpatched switch and I had tried to follow the guide (https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy)

So I had set-up emuNAND with Atmosphere on Erista + set-up Exosphere / DNS MITM.

Official Firmware Version: 4.1.0
Atmosphere Version: 1.3.2
Hekate Version: 5.7.2
Enabled: AutoRCM

View attachment 315624
View attachment 315626

When I was booting for the first time on Atmosphere via Hekate, there were no problem and I was able to go to Homebrew Apps and download RetroArch. After, when I go to album and tried to load Goldleaf, I got an error launch code 2345-0037, not sure why. After that I turned off my switch to take a break. Later, when I tried to boot with TegraRCM and then boot Hekate, I had tried to launch Atmosphere but got only a logo of Atmosphere and then a black screen. I had tried to redo it but same thing is happening.

Setup of hetake_ipl.ini on Bootloader:

View attachment 315625

Any suggestion how to solve Atmosphere issue and also let me know if you need more info. Thank you!
I recommend starting from scratch and following a better guide that has also been around for longer. This is the first guide to ever have been released that has also been updated regularly so it is in my opinion, the best guide to Switch hacking.

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Draxzelex, I will follow your suggest guide. There were a lot of different guide that I didn't know which one is the best simple one. :wacko::wacko:

https://switch.homebrew.guide
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-emunand/
https://switchway.net
Its fine, that is why you ask for other's opinions on the best guide. I've been following the Switch scene before the Fusee Gelee exploit leaked so I've seen the scene start from next to nothing to grow to its maximum potential to teetering down to where it is today. And I can say with full confidence that the first link is the best Switch hacking guide.

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Draxzelex, so I had tried to follow the guide and when I had launch the emuMMC, it froze on the Nintendo Switch logo. :(

I think it might be that the SD card might be corrupted or something. So I might need to start up fresh from the beginning,
But since my SD card was in partition (gives me E: + F: ), how can I format it back all together?

SD card is Sandisk Ultra 400 GB
Using guiformat tool to format to FAT32.

4.JPG

5.JPG

Also, do you know the name of the program that let you verify if the SD card is fine or corrupt?

Thank you for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans