Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It means emuMMC is forced but not enabled. Not sure if you disabled it by accident or never enabled it in the first place but it needs to be enabled. Simply launch back into Hekate then navigate to the emuMMC tab. Make sure its enabled with a green tick.
I can’t enabled it.
I’m confused because I just updated my atmosphere and firmware but now can’t enabled it even tho I always had emunand.

I was transferring files to sd card then I got this error?

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I accidentally update my switch, will that make it patched so I can't hack it?
No. Unpatched Switch consoles are vulnerable at the hardware level. It has to do with the Nvidia Tegra X1 APU chip. Nintendo can't fix it unless they break into your house and steal your console, or you're desperate enough for a fix you send it to them and they just send you a patched model back.

PREO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everybody.
I recently bought an unpatched switch model and proceed with creating an emunand and install atmosphere (1.3.2)
I'm on firmware 14.1.1
Last sigpatches installed, the CFW runs fine.
I've got a problem with NSPs though; (files are from a reliable source and the SD is not a fake one)
When playing with some games (Botw, Mario, ecc) after some times the game freeze and the famous message "software was closed because an error occurred" appears.
From that point on, I can try launch the game again multiple times but it will always freeze no later then couple of minutes, sometimes reportin the corrupted data error (checking for corrupted data reports no corrupted data found).
The only way to "fix" it and play again is by turn the switch off and do RCM+fusee injection again.

Anyone can help with this?

Thanks!

Itsamemariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, noob questions about tinfoil shops:

1. If shops are down, does that mean they are down bc of maintenance or is there something to troubleshoot on my end?

2. Further to this, are shops in any way reliant on my tinfoil or ofw/cfw client version?

3. If a public shop is down, is there any guarantee it will be back up in the future?

4. What are the actual differences between pro/paid and public shops? To my knowledge almost all games are on public shops already?

Ty, I've been thru a couple shop discord servers and still am confused.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can’t enabled it.
I’m confused because I just updated my atmosphere and firmware but now can’t enabled it even tho I always had emunand.

I was transferring files to sd card then I got this error?
If I switch change force emunand to 0 I can lunch but I don’t know if I’m in emunand? Or Emmmnand See pic
Also my games are all missing ?

Attachments

• 028E8E5F-06FE-4FE2-9457-FF78B2424B5F.jpeg
    028E8E5F-06FE-4FE2-9457-FF78B2424B5F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 39881F7B-A76B-4135-A6BB-3B0BF5C5894B.jpeg
    39881F7B-A76B-4135-A6BB-3B0BF5C5894B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49

calculathor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
can someone please help me?
14.1.1 ofw sysnand and 14.1.1 cfw emunand used to be working fine.
son did a reboot into ofw and updated it into 14.1.2 , now atmosphere won't boot.
when I inject fusee.bin, it shows atmosphere logo for a second then black screen.
is this a fuse burn issue? can I fix this? can anyone help please?
thanks a lot.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody.
I recently bought an unpatched switch model and proceed with creating an emunand and install atmosphere (1.3.2)
I'm on firmware 14.1.1
Last sigpatches installed, the CFW runs fine.
I've got a problem with NSPs though; (files are from a reliable source and the SD is not a fake one)
When playing with some games (Botw, Mario, ecc) after some times the game freeze and the famous message "software was closed because an error occurred" appears.
From that point on, I can try launch the game again multiple times but it will always freeze no later then couple of minutes, sometimes reportin the corrupted data error (checking for corrupted data reports no corrupted data found).
The only way to "fix" it and play again is by turn the switch off and do RCM+fusee injection again.

Anyone can help with this?

Thanks!
A few easy things to try:

1) Enter into maintenance mode, don’t do anything in maintenance mode, just reboot afterwards. No changes. https://en-americas-support.nintend...to-update-nintendo-switch-in-maintenance-mode

Reboot and see if this fixes things.

2) Archive bit…here is a great description of the issue but here is a better way to solve it.
  1. Enter Hekate through RCM or PegaScape
  2. Select ‘Tools > Archive Bit - AutoRCM > Unset archive bit’

3) Modify your hekate_ipl.ini file

Download fusee.bin from https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/1.3.2 and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

In your [CFW - emuMMC] section change
fss0=atmosphere/package3
to read
payload=/bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Reactions: impeeza and PREO

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. If shops are down, does that mean they are down bc of maintenance or is there something to troubleshoot on my end?
shops have been experiencing issues because Google changed the way the educational storage accounts work. Basically they closed a loophole that everyone was taking advantage off that made it near impossible for the shops to stay in operation for free.
2. Further to this, are shops in any way reliant on my tinfoil or ofw/cfw client version?
depends upon the shop. Just about any restriction you want is configurable and enforceable on the server side.
3. If a public shop is down, is there any guarantee it will be back up in the future?
none whatsoever. In this case it’s likely most will not come back. Titzpro is probably your best bet.
4. What are the actual differences between pro/paid and public shops? To my knowledge almost all games are on public shops already?
none really…other than potentially a more sustainable model in the case of pro. it‘s just how they have elected to configure their shop. For the most part teams set up shops the same way but their shop, their rules. They are free to set things up how they like.

Ask questions on the discord of the shop of your choice. They will have the best vantage point to tell you how to navigate their setup. Most are pretty helpful as long as you read and respect their rules.

Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone please help me?
14.1.1 ofw sysnand and 14.1.1 cfw emunand used to be working fine.
son did a reboot into ofw and updated it into 14.1.2 , now atmosphere won't boot.
when I inject fusee.bin, it shows atmosphere logo for a second then black screen.
is this a fuse burn issue? can I fix this? can anyone help please?
thanks a lot.
There’s very little difference between 14.1.1 and 14.1.2. So little that a new version of Atmosphere was not released and Sigpatches are still the same. Something else happened.

please share the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

also share a screenshot of your /bootloader/payloads directory and /atmosphere directory.

Reactions: impeeza

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. More thank likely if a shop goes down there is something going on on their end.

2. No. At one point some shops broke after Tinfoil got an update, but that's because the author changed the way Tinfoil connects to servers. It was a 1 second fix for shop runners to make their shops compatible again. There is a certain shop (that I cant mention because rules) that requires you to use their tinfoil theme for some reason, but that's just a visual thing. Tinfoil runs on all FW versions and auto updates itself by default so you will always have the latest version unless you intentionally turn auto update off. (which you shouldn't)

3. No. Odds are is if a shop goes down, it's probably because they either don't want to run the shop anymore, or they got taken down by the storage provider and/or Nintendo, in which case the ones running the shop may decide not to bother starting from scratch.

4. Paid/Pro shops are the primary source of all the games that are available to pirate as of now. When you donate to get into a Pro shop, you are donating an eshop code which is when used by the staff running things in cooperation with missingdumps in order to buy and dump games that have yet to be dumped, are niche and would not be dumped otherwise and so on. When you donate and use a pro shop, you are helping everyone else have access to as many free games as possible. Most of the public shops as of now are either run by the same groups that run the pro shops, as a free option who those that either cannot afford or are hesitant to, donate to a piracy effort. The ones that aren't run by those groups, are basically just leeching downloads they got from a torrent or from one of the pro shops even, and are doing it to gain some glory and clout without having to contribute to the scene. Some do it out of spite and vindictiveness because they don't like the idea of money changing hands for piracy, as it threatens their little ego trip and sense of identity as a lone wolf "1337 h4xx0r" that can get anything completely free.

Pro shops are easier to use. The current free shops require you to go through a bunch of rigmarole in creating an OAuth token in order to be able to actually access and use the server through Tinfoil itself. Pro shops are more plug and play. They give you login info, you enter it into tinfoil, and it just works.

Free shops owe nothing to nobody and can at any time take their ball and go home, leaving you out to dry. Pro shops have a vested interest in keeping their service running as for as long as possible and with as much uptime as possible simply because a financial investment has been made on not just the part of it's users, but on the part of the people running the shop, as they tend to be privately hosted instead of using free cloud storage like Google Drive the way free shops tend to. When all the free shops are dead and gone, there is a reasonably good chance the pro shops will still be kicking. It's up to you to decide if that kind of reliability and convenience is worth a one time minimum donation of $5 US.

Last edited by Elodain,
Reactions: binkinator

Itsamemariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. More thank likely if a shop goes down there is something going on on their end.

2. No. At one point some shops broke after Tinfoil got an update, but that's because the author changed the way Tinfoil connects to servers. It was a 1 second fix for shop runners to make their shops compatible again. There is a certain shop (that I cant mention because rules) that requires you to use their tinfoil theme for some reason, but that's just a visual thing. Tinfoil runs on all FW versions and auto updates itself by default so you will always have the latest version unless you intentionally turn auto update off. (which you shouldn't)

3. No. Odds are is if a shop goes down, it's probably because they either don't want to run the shop anymore, or they got taken down by the storage provider and/or Nintendo, in which case the ones running the shop may decide not to bother starting from scratch.

4. Paid/Pro shops are the primary source of all the games that are available to pirate as of now. When you donate to get into a Pro shop, you are donating an eshop code which is when used by the staff running things in cooperation with missingdumps in order to buy and dump games that have yet to de dumped, are nice and would not be dumped otherwise and so on. When you donate and use a pro shop, you are helping everyone else have access to as many free games as possible. Most of the public shops as of now are either run by the same groups that run the pro shops, as a free option who either cannot afford or are hesitant to, donate to a piracy effort. The ones that aren't run by those groups, are basically just leeching downloads they got from a torrent or from one of the pro shops even, and are doing it to gain some glory and clout without having to contribute to the scene. Some do it out of spite and vindictiveness because they don't like the idea of money changing hands for piracy, as it threatens their little ego trip and sense of identity as a "1337 h4xx0r" that can get anything completely free.

Pro shops are easier to use. The current free shops require you to go through a bunch of rigmarole in creating an OAuth token in order to be able to actually access and use the server through Tinfoil itself. Pro shops are more plug and play. They give you login info, you enter it into tinfoil, and it just works.

Free shops owe nothing to nobody and can at any time take their ball and go home, leaving you out to dry. Pro shops have a vested interest in keeping their service running as for as long as possible and with as much uptime as possible simply because a financial investment has been made on not just the part of it's users, but on the part of the people running the shop, and they tend to be privately hosted instead of using free cloud storage like Google Drive the way free shops tend to. When all the free shops are dead and gone, there is a reasonably good change the pro shops will still be kicking. It's up to you to decide if that kind of reliability and convenience is worth a one time minimum donation of $5 US.

Thank you! Appreciate your time for the detailed answers.

Out of meta curiosity, have you ever come across any of the shop hosts articling their work or thoughts on piracy/process? This stuff is generally interesting.

PREO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A few easy things to try:

1) Enter into maintenance mode, don’t do anything in maintenance mode, just reboot afterwards. No changes. --

2) Archive bit…-- is a great description of the issue but -- is a better way to solve it.
  1. Enter Hekate through RCM or PegaScape
  2. Select ‘Tools > Archive Bit - AutoRCM > Unset archive bit’

3) Modify your hekate_ipl.ini file

Download fusee.bin from -- and place it in /bootloader/payloads/

In your [CFW - emuMMC] section change

to read

First of all, thanks for the reply man.
Anyway, I tried all the step suggested by you (even the maintenance mode which I already tried once) but the issue still remains.
I also did a clean start more then once but the issue still lives on..
Switch isn't banned, sometimes I just use with no SD in and play some random match of Fall Guys

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is tinfoil the only installer where I can use shops ? Currently trying tinwoo
Yes. Shops are the realm of tinfoil. Not that big a deal though. Others just require a download and then have a plethora of ways to install them. Tinwoo over USB is super fast and reliable.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Okayermi

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks for the reply man.
Anyway, I tried all the step suggested by you (even the maintenance mode which I already tried once) but the issue still remains.
I also did a clean start more then once but the issue still lives on..
Switch isn't banned, sometimes I just use with no SD in and play some random match of Fall Guys
Ok…that’s the easy stuff. Rereading your post…things seem to work for a while but fail after running for a while under load. If you aren’t playing a game and are just mucking around with your Switch without load does it happen? I’m thinking it might be heat related. Maybe a fan needs to be replaced? Can you hear if the fan is going full tilt right before it freezes?

PREO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok…that’s the easy stuff. Rereading your post…things seem to work for a while but fail after running for a while under load. If you aren’t playing a game and are just mucking around with your Switch without load does it happen? I’m thinking it might be heat related. Maybe a fan needs to be replaced? Can you hear if the fan is going full tilt right before it freezes?
Yeah, just browsing through the menus/options of the switch is fine.
I also have thought of something related to the heating but there are a couple of things that let me put aside this option:
1- If I play a non-demanding game (e.g. Tony Hawk 1+2), I can play through the whole battery life without any problem
2 - As soon as one of the more demanding NSPs (botw, link to the past, Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Resident Evil, Crash 4) freezes the first time and close due to a not coded error, then everything else freeze and close within 2-3 minutes, even if I let the switch cool down

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pull your sd card out and look at it with NXNandManager Can you see your emunand on the card?

e: Heres an easy way to tell the FirmWare| AtMoSphere | *Nand version your switch is running.
https://en-americas-support.nintend...63/~/how-to-determine-the-system-menu-version

This one is running:

Firmware 9.0.0
Atmosphere 0.10.2
E is for Emunand (S would mean Sysnand)
View attachment 315036

Ok so my emunand has disappeared and all my games and save data?

I need to start over with guide I made sysnand I need to start again and make emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...