Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
another quickie

I was looking my emunad installed games in my sdcard in my computer and I noticed a couple games have doubled nsp files on them. Some on the root and copies in their own folders.

Are both needed or is it safe to delete the root one?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another quickie

I was looking my emunad installed games in my sdcard in my computer and I noticed a couple games have doubled nsp files on them. Some on the root and copies in their own folders.

Are both needed or is it safe to delete the root one?
Once an nsp is installed, you can remove it or move it to an external drive or whatever you'd like. Try just moving it to another directory to prove it to yourself. Moving an nsp won't impact an installed game in any way and it just kruft left over.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Once an nsp is installed, you can remove it or move it to an external drive or whatever you'd like. Try just moving it to another directory to prove it to yourself. Moving an nsp won't impact an installed game in any way and it just kruft left over.
I am sorry you got me mistified now

Those nsps in their own folders are gigs worth of data. How could the game work without them. Or maybe you were referring to the copies only? In which case makes sense to me.

Sorry if I looking dumb rn

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those nsps in their own folders are gigs worth of data. How could the game work without them. Or maybe you were referring to the copies only? In which case makes sense to me.

yes, it’s gigs worth of .nsp installer, kinda like a .msi installer for Windows, and once you’ve installed it, you can delete the original installer and use the program that was actually installed. The app doesn’t run using the .nsp file.

You can prove it to yourself by picking a game title you see in the files and moving that .nsp to a temporary directory where it couldn’t possibly be found and then run the game from the main menu and it will still work.

e:
XCI is NX Card Image
NSP is Nintendo Submission Package

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup i have the up to date Atmos/hekate ect.. tried both (you helped me last week Binkinator!) tried both sigpatches
still no luck tried the possible solutions tab no luck. this switch was on sxos and switched to atmos and i have had nothing but trouble. my switch that has had only atmos works great. ill be glad to be as far away from sxos as possible!!!!!!
We’re these backups dumped from your SXOS installation? If so there’s a greater than zero chance this is related to the different way SX and Atmo do tickets. It might be as simple as that. If you can get around it be reinstalling from base game+DLC and then it works…I don’t think there’s anything actually wrong with your current setup;

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We’re these backups dumped from your SXOS installation? If so there’s a greater than zero chance this is related to the different way SX and Atmo do tickets. It might be as simple as that. If you can get around it be reinstalling from base game+DLC and then it works…I don’t think there’s anything actually wrong with your current setup;
yes they were from sxos
so just delete the tickets in tinfoil and reinstall from backup?
i agree i think the new atmosphere setup is good to go anything new seems to work great its just the old sxos stuff still haunting me!!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes they were from sxos
so just delete the tickets in tinfoil and reinstall from backup?
i agree i think the new atmosphere setup is good to go anything new seems to work great its just the old sxos stuff still haunting me!!
how many are causing problems?

If it’s under a dozen or so…just remove them with Data Management:

BDD4C9E0-0868-4400-B8C7-5D3E7A001162.jpeg

Reinstalling will be faster than trying to troubleshoot what’s different between SXOS and Atmos tickets…

This method keeps your game saves BTW

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not certain what version of Atmosphere or Hekate I have, but I'm pretty sure my firmware is 13.1.1 and I updated Atmosphere and Hekate at the same time-ish. I can't give any more than that as I will explain in my post. And for clarity I am using the SXOS dongle to boot and what not.

Once again I'm having some odd issues with my system. First issue I noticed was, I tried launching Mario Kart which I had never had an issue with before. A message popped up saying something like "Checking to see if game can be played", which took a long time, but it failed. Not certain what if any message it gave, as this was about 2 weeks ago. Before this I did notice that the system has seemed kinda sluggish and was taking a while to load some games.

Then after a few times of trying to get the game to launch the screen just went black and the system didn't seem to be responding. I tried to reboot the system, holding the power button down, connected my dongle and the SXOS screen flashes for maybe a second and then the screen just goes black again.

I tried to update the Hekate, Atmosphere, and fusee, but that didn't work, it still just flashes the SXOS splash screen and goes black.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 310857

Reinstalling will be faster than trying to troubleshoot what’s different between SXOS and Atmos tickets…

ok that will be the lesser of two evils since its only about 5 or so games. i just like to know what the problem is and how to fix it but i can have them redownloaded in an hour or so! you have been a big help thank you for your advice and guidance!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm not certain what version of Atmosphere or Hekate I have, but I'm pretty sure my firmware is 13.1.1 and I updated Atmosphere and Hekate at the same time-ish. I can't give any more than that as I will explain in my post. And for clarity I am using the SXOS dongle to boot and what not.

Once again I'm having some odd issues with my system. First issue I noticed was, I tried launching Mario Kart which I had never had an issue with before. A message popped up saying something like "Checking to see if game can be played", which took a long time, but it failed. Not certain what if any message it gave, as this was about 2 weeks ago. Before this I did notice that the system has seemed kinda sluggish and was taking a while to load some games.

Then after a few times of trying to get the game to launch the screen just went black and the system didn't seem to be responding. I tried to reboot the system, holding the power button down, connected my dongle and the SXOS screen flashes for maybe a second and then the screen just goes black again.

I tried to update the Hekate, Atmosphere, and fusee, but that didn't work, it still just flashes the SXOS splash screen and goes black.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Hopefully not corruption. Are you on exfat or fat32?

Take the SD card out and put it in your PC and see if everything reads OK.

paste a copy of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini here.

The “checking to see if game can be played” could be that you’re trying to play a game with a different Profile. Do you have multiple users on this switch?

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering if its like theoretically possible to share saves between a hacked switch and my main switch? like if i wanna play around with some save editing for a game, i can do that on my hacked switch and somehow send it to my main? not sure if im just thinking of nso cloud saves lmao. if not possible via cloud saves, is there maybe some other way at all or nah?

Infinity147

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For managing USB files, Hekate is the best tool for the job. You do not install Hekate, in fact its impossible to install it because its a payload so it only ever runs in memory meaning that once you exit Hekate, you will need to resend Hekate in order to use Hekate again.

For installing files via USB, I use a homebrew program that you didn't mention which is TinWoo Installer. Its what I've always personally used and recommend to new users because I've never ever had any issues while using it. Of course, when it comes to USB installation, you need a PC program to push the files via USB which can be accomplished with NS-USBLoader.

The simplest fix would be to have 2 separate Nintendo folders; one for emuMMC and one for sysMMC. Make a copy of your current Nintendo folder and place it anywhere else on your SD card except the root. An easy place to put it is inside your emummc folder. Then change the emmc.ini file to point the Nintendo folder to where you put the copy.
Hey Draxzelex,

Just wanted to check something regarding Tinwoo‘s installation

https://rentry.org/NSUSBInstall

If I use the instructions in the above link for installing Tinfoil+Ns-usb installer at the bottom of the page, and just substitute Tinwoo in the guide for Tinfoil is that the correct installation procedure. I ask because the Tinwoo page had no instructions?

Thanks for all the help so far!

• Love

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Draxzelex,

Just wanted to check something regarding Tinwoo‘s installation

https://rentry.org/NSUSBInstall

If I use the instructions in the above link for installing Tinfoil+Ns-usb installer at the bottom of the page, and just substitute Tinwoo in the guide for Tinfoil is that the correct installation procedure. I ask because the Tinwoo page had no instructions?

Thanks for all the help so far!
Yes, that should be sufficient.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering if its like theoretically possible to share saves between a hacked switch and my main switch? like if i wanna play around with some save editing for a game, i can do that on my hacked switch and somehow send it to my main? not sure if im just thinking of nso cloud saves lmao. if not possible via cloud saves, is there maybe some other way at all or nah?
In theory, yes, you could do it via cloud saves and your clean (but slightly dirty) Sysnand on your hacked switch. You would have to boot CFW on your Sysnand and have an nro install (no nsp) of JKSV to export game saves for modification. Atmosphere by itself was designed to not get banned…it’s the other things you will be tempted to do, intentionally or by accident, that will draw the ire of Ninty. You will be leaving the arena of “100% safe” to “pretty safe as far as anyone knows.

e: depending on how you edit your saves, I imagine there’s a line in the sand somewhere that crosses over to cheating if you’re using it to gain an advantage in online games. Don’t know where that is to be honest.

Be sure to keep up to date with the latest here:
Switch Banning Hub The @Draxzelex definitive place to read about console bans and how to reduce your risk of being next!

steve_fox

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The NSP has nothing to do with the game when you run it, once a game is installed it runs from entirely different files and the NSP is just the install file.

I have stopped putting NSP files on my SD card and now install from an external USB device where all my NSP and XCI files are stored, saves time and SD card wear.

• Love

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 310857

all my games work as of now but if i have a game that has an update in tinfoil and i update it i get the error. if i delete the update it starts to work again. and this is for every game that i have. so its either dont update or redownload every game that has an update. id really like to figure this out

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my games work as of now but if i have a game that has an update in tinfoil and i update it i get the error. if i delete the update it starts to work again. and this is for every game that i have. so its either dont update or redownload every game that has an update. id really like to figure this out

I’ve never experienced anything like this.

I have to believe it’s remnants of the migration.

I don’t believe it’s Tinfoil per se but let’s prove the theory by installing one of these installers and see if it helps any:

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Here’s some troubleshooting tips for fixing games after a migration…maybe one of these will help:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

Has anyone else seen this sort of thing and can lend a hand?

Last edited by binkinator,

miash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I'm back with more Switch questions, but I dont think anything too bad this time.

I recently got THPS for switch, the wife wanted to play it on switch, and I wanted to dump the .xci so I can play it on steam deck, since I cant get the EGS version to boot to the main menu.

Anyways, I pulled out the homebrewed Switch, put in the carteridge, but before I could download the update, it needed to update firmware. I figured why not, I'll dump the newest firmware too. After updating the firmware and downloading the update for Tony Hawk, I booted into hekate.

I dumped firmware fine, then went to boot to fusee.bin, and got the message "A fatal error occured when running fusee. Unable to identify package. Press power to reboot."

After some googling, I saw that it doesnt seem like a big deal, I just need to update my homebrew files since I update the Switch's firmware.

However, my question is, how do I get out of this boot loop? If I hold power, the atmosphere screen flashes, and just goes back to the same black screen with the above text. I've tried mashing buttons, and just cant manage to get back to hekate. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

alphajl7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve never experienced anything like this.

I have to believe it’s remnants of the migration.

I don’t believe it’s Tinfoil per se but let’s prove the theory by installing one of these installers and see if it helps any:

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install games.

Here’s some troubleshooting tips for fixing games after a migration…maybe one of these will help:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

Has anyone else seen this sort of thing and can lend a hand?
ya for some reason the old sxos files dont like the new atmos files. if i take the update and install the update via dbi i also get the error. i really hate to redownload every single game but at this point i think its the easiest option??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone