Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to inject fusee.bin (instead of Hekate) like @Draxzelex recommended? The reason we want you to try that is it completely bypasses hekate and its configs on your SD card and boots straight into Atmosphere on Sysnand. It will prove/disprove any non-working components and clear the path for next steps…

“When you went to download Atmosphere from its GitHub page, there was another thing you can download called fusee.bin. Its a payload similar to Hekate. Try sending that instead of Hekate; its designed to automatically launch Atmosphere.”

When trying to inject fusee.bin I just got the same fetal error message I was getting before.

Kuusano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
No, it’s not typically like that. Maybe you remove the device in Device Manager and force Windows to add the device again?

Another thing you could try is this and see if another tool will work (this will prove/disprove if the issue is on the Windows side):
I just tried Tinwoo Installer and it's working really well. I guess I'm gonna be using this instead of Tinfoil. Thanks so much for the help.

Reactions: binkinator

husky3g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back to report my Switch IS in fact banned. Not a big deal since I don't use Nintendo's online services anyway. I mostly use Moonlight and play single-player games so it doesn't really affect me at all. Good luck avoiding your bans, friends!

I can confirm the only thing that I did was update an NSZ of GTA SA: Definite Ed. via Nintendo's servers about 1 week before my console got banned.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back to report my Switch IS in fact banned. Not a big deal since I don't use Nintendo's online services anyway. I mostly use Moonlight and play single-player games so it doesn't really affect me at all. Good luck avoiding your bans, friends!

I can confirm the only thing that I did was update an NSZ of GTA SA: Definite Ed. via Nintendo's servers about 1 week before my console got banned.

Still sucks a little but now you’re free.

Kuusano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello again, sorry to bother you guys with a quick question. If the problem of "Unable to start software. Return to HOME menu and try again" appears only in a few games, should I just try to find another NSP or NSZ file for the game? I have already installed the sigpatches from the thread titled "Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)". Thanks.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again, sorry to bother you guys with a quick question. If the problem of "Unable to start software. Return to HOME menu and try again" appears only in a few games, should I just try to find another NSP or NSZ file for the game? I have already installed the sigpatches from the thread titled "Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)". Thanks.

those patches are very solid. Nothing “better” to try to be honest. Try reinstalling what yiu have and renown loading if that doesn’t work.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you keeping your Sysnand lower than your emunand on purpose? If you are going to be using your GameCard it will be better if they match. You can upgrade your Sysnand using the standard Nintendo update method located in Settings.

You have a mix of old and new settings.
You can remove /atmosphere/config/BCT.ini as new version uses only /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.
If you want to use your game card in CFW you need to put a line in stratosphere.ini that does not start with a ; semicolon and just says nogc=0.
You can also remove /sept and make sure your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is using the entries shown in https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy.
Thanks a lot I’ll change all the settings. I keep old firwa
are you keeping your Sysnand lower than your emunand on purpose? If you are going to be using your GameCard it will be better if they match. You can upgrade your Sysnand using the standard Nintendo update method located in Settings.

You have a mix of old and new settings.
You can remove /atmosphere/config/BCT.ini as new version uses only /atmosphere/config/stratosphere.ini.
If you want to use your game card in CFW you need to put a line in stratosphere.ini that does not start with a ; semicolon and just says nogc=0.
You can also remove /sept and make sure your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is using the entries shown in https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy.
Yeah I’m suck when it come to settings thanks a lot I’m going to change em. Since my device is mariko and sx chip was installed I stay older version just incase one day atmospheres don’t support it no more I’ll go bk sxox even no new update.
my only question is for the gamecard even on ofw still give black screen error code how to fix that u told how fix cfw I just need add nogc =0 right

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot I’ll change all the settings. I keep old firwa

Yeah I’m suck when it come to settings thanks a lot I’m going to change em. Since my device is mariko and sx chip was installed I stay older version just incase one day atmospheres don’t support it no more I’ll go bk sxox even no new update.
my only question is for the gamecard even on ofw still give black screen error code how to fix that u told how fix cfw I just need add nogc =0 right

There’s not a lot out there about game card on the HOS side. Nintendo support recommends sending it in (last resort…let’s not.)

I am guessing that the CFW was run with the nogc settings at some point so the GC is somehow aware that it should be running 13.2.1 but is seeing your 10.2.0 and thus throwing the error? Again, just trying to think logically about what might be doing this. Different FW versions feels like a directionally correct hypothesi.

If you don’t want to upgrade your SysFW that’s fine…lets at least tackle CFW

Changing the nogc setting to 0 for CFW should make it at least work on CFW. If so then I will suspect the point above is little more likely to be correct.
(setting to 0 turns OFF the NO game card option so it’s a double negative and confusing af)

edit:

also make sure in the [config] section of your /bootloade/hekate_ipl.ini you change this setting to match:

autonogc=0

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great. What is the exact error message?

So I was actually able to get it to boot into atmosphere, using fusee.bin, which wasn't working previously. So I got it working now, but in the homebrew app menu (launching a game while holding R), I only have Daybreak and Launch to payload. I don't have, I think hbmenu.nro. so I can't add new homebrew apps easily. hbmenu.nro is at the root of my sdcard...so I'm not certain what the issue is. Any ideas?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was actually able to get it to boot into atmosphere, using fusee.bin, which wasn't working previously. So I got it working now, but in the homebrew app menu (launching a game while holding R), I only have Daybreak and Launch to payload. I don't have, I think hbmenu.nro. so I can't add new homebrew apps easily. hbmenu.nro is at the root of my sdcard...so I'm not certain what the issue is. Any ideas?
Homebrew applications go in the /switch folder.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even putting hbmenu.nro into the switch folder, it still won't launch. It shows up in the homebrew app menu, but doesn't do anything when I try to launch it.
Hbmenu.nro isn't a homebrew application; its your literal homebrew menu that stays on the root of your SD card. Your actual homebrew applications go in that folder.

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hbmenu.nro isn't a homebrew application; its your literal homebrew menu that stays on the root of your SD card. Your actual homebrew applications go in that folder.

What is the homebrew then that allowed you to download other homebrew apps? That was always there...so I don't know why it isn't or how to get it.

JayBae

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought Doom Eternal + the DLC for like 28$, It's awesome. But thats besides the point!

I also bought Doom I, Doom II, Doom64, Doom3, and Doom. In a bundle for like 17$.

Is there any ways to access the .WAD files from Doom I and Doom II, I'm not asking to download anything, just asking if it's possible to get access to these files on my Switch, more curious if I can add addons or mods to doom I and Doom II, I noticed they have an Addon Download system in place for those two games, curious if it's possible to add games/WADs that aren't in the preset download list there. I know I can get other Doom Homebrew that will do this, that's not the question here, I'm only curious if the Switch Versions can do this somehow too.

switchboi69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Using NXNandMananger and HackDiskMount for this.

Hey - i was reading that the file that contains the users is on the SYSTEM partition in the saves folder and is called 8000000000000010.
My old emunand was on fw version 10.0.4 - the new emunand is 10.0.2. I copied over the file to the new emunand SYSTEM saves folder but now i'm stuck at the Splash Screen which shows "NINTENDO SWITCH". Could it be because of the different firmware versions or did i do something fundamentally wrong?

Would love to get help on this because i had loooooads of saves on my user that i don't want to lose. ( I already transfered the savefiles in the same fashion like i did with the userfile but in the USER partition.

Actually i updated the Emunand to 10.0.4 but came to the same never ending NINTENDO SWITCH splash.

edit: I actually need to use PC tools to do this because my old SD card doesn'T work on my switch anymore. ( i had to send it in because the sd card reader was broken - nintendo replaced the whole motherboard to an erista patched one which couldn't be jailbroken without a modchip. Got an sx core and flashed it with spacecraft-nx. When i try to import my old emunand backup as soon as i get to the splash from atmosphere the switch goes black and doesn't continue. So there is no easy way for me to import my old stuff. :(

Last edited by switchboi69,

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There’s not a lot out there about game card on the HOS side. Nintendo support recommends sending it in (last resort…let’s not.)

I am guessing that the CFW was run with the nogc settings at some point so the GC is somehow aware that it should be running 13.2.1 but is seeing your 10.2.0 and thus throwing the error? Again, just trying to think logically about what might be doing this. Different FW versions feels like a directionally correct hypothesi.

If you don’t want to upgrade your SysFW that’s fine…lets at least tackle CFW

Changing the nogc setting to 0 for CFW should make it at least work on CFW. If so then I will suspect the point above is little more likely to be correct.
(setting to 0 turns OFF the NO game card option so it’s a double negative and confusing af)

edit:

also make sure in the [config] section of your /bootloade/hekate_ipl.ini you change this setting to match:

autonogc=0
But I don’t understand why setting still has an effect on the sysnand. I used to played game card on both sysnand or emunand on sxox I want to do the same. Thanksgiving for help and patience

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I don’t understand why setting still has an effect on the sysnand. I used to played game card on both sysnand or emunand on sxox I want to do the same. Thanksgiving for help and patience

I get that it was working and now it doesn’t. I’m just trying to solve one thing at a time in a methodical fashion. Back in the < 11.0.0 days things were likely different so it’s not an apples to apples comparison. The 10.x and 13.x lines of FW are quite a bit different from each other in many ways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1