Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i tried to download the newest and latest sigpatches from that link you sent & it still wont let me go past emummc. still black lit screen.

& okay i can do that again and keep you updated, thank you.
I forgot to mention too, I have my sd card running in 1bit mode, can this be a problem too?
the pins look fine on both ends, motherboard & connector, but i ordered a new one just in case.This could be a problem because emummc reads straight from the sd, doesnt it?

I haven’t experienced the 1bit mode so I’m not sure of the impact. I always thought it would still work but really slow to read.

Moving your key folders to .bak and replacing them with default versions should get us to a known good state…fingers crossed!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

UnrulyMess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all, what is currently the best app to stream my PC to my switch? I know there is a moonlight port just wondering if there is something newer

Bangbruhzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven’t experienced the 1bit mode so I’m not sure of the impact. I always thought it would still work but really slow to read.

Moving your key folders to .bak and replacing them with default versions should get us to a known good state…fingers crossed!
Oh okay. Yeah, when i boot up Hekate it says 1bit mode, even tried to reseat my card reader & cleaned it. The warning on 1 bit mode still won't go away.

Alright man! I did what you told me to do. Renamed key folders to .bak and also replaced with default versions..
Still, same problem.
I'll have a new card reader tomorrow, so i'll keep you updated with that too when i swap them.
What do you suggest i should do next?

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

How do i update my Emunand software which is now running Atmosphere, i had used choidijourNX previously when running Sx OS. Do i use the same software?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, what is currently the best app to stream my PC to my switch? I know there is a moonlight port just wondering if there is something newer
You can use sysDVR.
Hi,

How do i update my Emunand software which is now running Atmosphere, i had used choidijourNX previously when running Sx OS. Do i use the same software?

Thanks.
Daybreak is the recommended homebrew app nowadays. It comes bundled with Atmosphere.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would say that you’re using a hotspot and tethering would be using a wired/bluetooth connection to an Internet connected device. Regardless, I just wanted to make sure we were aligned on terminology. :-)

I hope everything is sorted for you now.
However,there is no way why the Switch does not disconnect from my smartphone wifi hotspot when i turn off the screen?
Because if i do it it always disconnects,even with the suggestion of the link you gave me in the previous post.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However,there is no way why the Switch does not disconnect from my smartphone wifi hotspot when i turn off the screen?
Because if i do it it always disconnects,even with the suggestion of the link you gave me in the previous post.

it’s not supposed to. Might have to hard reboot it by holding the power button for 15 seconds and then power it back on. Those setting are the only ones I know that impact the wifi connection.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh okay. Yeah, when i boot up Hekate it says 1bit mode, even tried to reseat my card reader & cleaned it. The warning on 1 bit mode still won't go away.

Alright man! I did what you told me to do. Renamed key folders to .bak and also replaced with default versions..
Still, same problem.
I'll have a new card reader tomorrow, so i'll keep you updated with that too when i swap them.
What do you suggest i should do next?
So that’s really wild. Good news is we eliminated a ton of typical things like incompatible apps, bad sys-modules or themes by going the .bak route.

I’ll be curious to know if the new SD reader fixes things.

In the mean time, if you have a backup of your card, you could always reformat it to FAT32 and try to have Hekate make a new emunand again. Since swapping out the directories didn’t work that’s the next level of things to “reset.”

edit: what Firmware version are you on BTW?

Last edited by binkinator,

revurt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy All!

Currently working through the Trinket mod guidance and just wanted to clarify a few points before proceeding since the original posting is not concise:

> Only payload.bin (hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin) is needed in the SD root? Or would relying on the SDSetup files and extraction noted in sdsetup | Matty's GitHub does have this note however, so I am assuming the latter would be desired.

"Looks for "fusee.bin" in SD root and boots it.
If not found, looks for bootloader/update.bin( from SDSetupdotcom)"

> No other items are flashed to the Trinket aside from the Part1 and 2 UF2 files, correct? My understanding is the *.bin file will be looked for on the root of the SD card.
> Only the "On" LED and component next to it need to be removed, correct?
> Once installed, will RCM be auto-engaged, or must I do so manually with a jig? (I will have all straps soldered as indicated e.g.: Vol+, Joycon, and USB Disconnect)

I truly appreciate the confirmation and any helpful notes!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy All!

Currently working through the Trinket mod guidance and just wanted to clarify a few points before proceeding since the original posting is not concise:

> Only payload.bin (hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin) is needed in the SD root?

correct. This can be anything such as a renamed Hekate.x.x.x.bin, fusee.bin, etc. The payload you put on the trinket looks for this file and chain loads it. There are other ways to get similar results but I like and used this one myself.

Or would relying on the SDSetup files and extraction noted in sdsetup | Matty's GitHub does have this note however, so I am assuming the latter would be desired.

"Looks for "fusee.bin" in SD root and boots it.
If not found, looks for bootloader/update.bin( from SDSetupdotcom)"

> No other items are flashed to the Trinket aside from the Part1 and 2 UF2 files, correct? My understanding is the *.bin file will be looked for on the root of the SD card.

You are correct. Part 1 then part 2 and you’re done. Nothing else needed.

> Only the "On" LED and component next to it need to be removed, correct?

and the usb-c connector (after you’ve added your part1 and part2…you can do it again later without it but it’s a bit harder.)

> Once installed, will RCM be auto-engaged, or must I do so manually with a jig? (I will have all straps soldered as indicated e.g.: Vol+, Joycon, and USB Disconnect)

No jig required if you used all straps…it’s wonderful!

I truly appreciate the confirmation and any helpful notes!

You bet!

Reactions: revurt

Bangbruhzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that’s really wild. Good news is we eliminated a ton of typical things like incompatible apps, bad sys-modules or themes by going the .bak route.

I’ll be curious to know if the new SD reader fixes things.

In the mean time, if you have a backup of your card, you could always reformat it to FAT32 and try to have Hekate make a new emunand again. Since swapping out the directories didn’t work that’s the next level of things to “reset.”
Okay that's good to know then, thanks for the assistance with that.
Alright, so right now, my SD card reader has failed. 99 or 100% sure that's the problem. The SD card itself, is fine. I'm coming from the Samsung exfat 128gb to this Sandisk 400gb Fat32. Can open both SD's on a PC, other devices, etc. It may be the internal of the card reader slot itself the problem this whole time? We will see very soon..

What happened was i reformatted my Sandisk 400gb again to Fat32. Plugged it into the Switch & was greeted SD init failed in small font,sideways on the tablet screen. Tried the option to "remount SD" and it said my card was unreadable/to insert one.
I'm sure the card reader gave up. Maybe because it was in 1-bit mode this whole time&on it's way out, that's' why emummc wasn't working though? It makes sense, right? Haha
Not sure how previous versions of Hekate&such work, but I am also on Fw 13.2.1 & haven't decided to hack the Switch until now if that matters.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay that's good to know then, thanks for the assistance with that.
Alright, so right now, my SD card reader has failed. 99 or 100% sure that's the problem. The SD card itself, is fine. I'm coming from the Samsung exfat 128gb to this Sandisk 400gb Fat32. Can open both SD's on a PC, other devices, etc. It may be the internal of the card reader slot itself the problem this whole time? We will see very soon..

What happened was i reformatted my Sandisk 400gb again to Fat32. Plugged it into the Switch & was greeted SD init failed in small font,sideways on the tablet screen. Tried the option to "remount SD" and it said my card was unreadable/to insert one.
I'm sure the card reader gave up. Maybe because it was in 1-bit mode this whole time&on it's way out, that's' why emummc wasn't working though? It makes sense, right? Haha
Not sure how previous versions of Hekate&such work, but I am also on Fw 13.2.1 & haven't decided to hack the Switch until now if that matters.
Cool…I mean, it sucks, but that would explain the odd behavior. Must have had just enough to give you Hekate and give up. Let’s see what tomorrow and a new sd reader brings.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
it’s not supposed to. Might have to hard reboot it by holding the power button for 15 seconds and then power it back on. Those setting are the only ones I know that impact the wifi connection.
👌 @binkinator ,but if i forcibly restart the Switch by holding down 15 seconds, the Switch restarts in OFW and i have to redo the hack with the Jig&Rekado,instead i have AMS 1.2.6 and i want to use that,this is my problem.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
👌 @binkinator ,but if i forcibly restart the Switch by holding down 15 seconds, the Switch restarts in OFW and i have to redo the hack with the Jig&Rekado,instead i have AMS 1.2.6 and i want to use that,this is my problem.

For whatever reason your switch is not doing something that’s documented by Nintendo and should just work.

just trying to reset everything to a base level. Yiu can leave the jig and we can inject again.

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I dont want to delete tinfoil but also dont want it appear on the home screen which i would like to keep for games only. How do i remove or hide it please?

Last edited by chrisnasah,

SC3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi guys,

I hope someone knows a way to save my savegames.

Here's my situation:

I have a working sysMMC but my emuMMC won't boot. If I replace the eMMC folder (at emuMMC(\SD00\eMMC) with my backup eMMC folder, I could boot the emuMMC, otherise, it will stuck on Nintendo Switch boot logo. My sd card was formatted as EXFAT so I afraid my emuMMC was corrupted since I didn't update or install anything and the emuMMC had been working fine with Atmosphere 1.25.

Do you have any ideas to fix it? I'd really appreciate it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I dont want to delete tinfoil but also dont want it appear on the home screen which i would like to keep for games only. How do i remove or hide it please?
The way that the Switch Home menu works is that it always displays the most recently used apps from left to right. However, there is a limit to the number of apps that can be displayed on the base Home menu screen. Exceeding this limit will eventually push the icon from the default lineup. However once you launch it again, it will return to the default Home menu screen since you recently used. This is one of the reasons why I always recommend TinWoo Installer as it has the same functionality without the clunkiness.
Hi guys,

I hope someone knows a way to save my savegames.

Here's my situation:

I have a working sysMMC but my emuMMC won't boot. If I replace the eMMC folder (at emuMMC(\SD00\eMMC) with my backup eMMC folder, I could boot the emuMMC, otherise, it will stuck on Nintendo Switch boot logo. My sd card was formatted as EXFAT so I afraid my emuMMC was corrupted since I didn't update or install anything and the emuMMC had been working fine with Atmosphere 1.25.

Do you have any ideas to fix it? I'd really appreciate it.
If the emuMMC is corrupted, then it can't be fixed. This is why you should never use exFAT because corruption is always a very real possibility. You will either have to continue using your backup or make a new emuMMC altogether. You can try retrieving your save data by following this tutorial.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to check if a console has been banned? Thanks a lot in advance!
There are actually multiple types of bans as evidence by this thread so there is no one action that can check to see if it has any of the different bans. For example, you can have access to the eShop & online play but be banned in a specific game. That being said, the most common ban prohibits online access and the eShop so trying to use one of those services is the fastest way to check if you're banned from those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.