Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before doing this how do I back up my game saves, just in case something goes wrong?

Best way to backup saves is JKSV

Most of my games are xci will I be able to play them or do I start looking for NSPs?

You can install XCIs the same as NSPs. No need to re-download everything.

Would it be easier to format sd card and start fresh with new emunand with atmosphere?

Only marginally easier. Ideal state would be to work with a complete bit-for-bit backup or start from scratch with a blank fresh card. Neither is a requirement though.

Game_Fr3akz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does sysnand need to be on 11.0.0 whole time for chip to be working?

No the FW does not need to be 11.0.0 to glitch the boot process. That FW version is only needed for the SXOS CFW itself as CFW is a custom modification of a specific FW level. The same hardware glitch exists on all models of switch, even on Aula. It’s independent of any software or firmware.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I use the wifi tethering of my smartphone to download the contents on the Switch,if i turn off the screen,the wifi connection between my smartphone and the Switch is interrupted,that is the wifi of the Switch turns off and i have to reconnect if i want to download or update also from homebrew appstore.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the wifi tethering of my smartphone to download the contents on the Switch,if i turn off the screen,the wifi connection between my smartphone and the Switch is interrupted,that is the wifi of the Switch turns off and i have to reconnect if i want to download or update also from homebrew appstore.

Wifi is wifi. Unless your phone cuts off the connection (it won’t), the linked article still applies to the behavior of the Switch. The Switch makes no distinction WRT the provider of the wifi signal.

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please help, i am following below guide to move away from SX OS.

https://rentry.org/mys8q

I have downloaded all files it says to download and transferred to SD card but stuck on next line..

Move the following file to the /bootloader/payloads/ folder:

• fusee.bin

Now i cant find the file fusee.bin from any downloaded folders, am i missing something?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Please help, i am following below guide to move away from SX OS.

https://rentry.org/mys8q

I have downloaded all files it says to download and transferred to SD card but stuck on next line..

Move the following file to the /bootloader/payloads/ folder:

• fusee.bin

Now i cant find the file fusee.bin from any downloaded folders, am i missing something?

It is in the Atmosphere GitHub right next to where you downloaded Atmosphere Release artifacts.

Reactions: chrisnasah

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK managed to load into atmosphere, i can see my games on the main screen but how do i load them? I know with SX OS it was via albums, currently i get insert the game card.

edit: just realised needed tinfoil

Last edited by chrisnasah,

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Need some help, just moved from SX OS to Atmosphere, installed tinfoil but having issues loading games. I can see games installed which are mostly XCI failing to load. I have few NSP games too but just managed to load just one NSP game.

Any ideas please?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

Need some help, just moved from SX OS to Atmosphere, installed tinfoil but having issues loading games. I can see games installed which are mostly XCI failing to load. I have few NSP games too but just managed to load just one NSP game.

Any ideas please?

Did you down grade the firmware requirements for your XCIs?

Try using these sigpatches instead of iTJ.

edit: What are the symptoms/error ,estates you’re seeing? Anything is helpful such as screen colors, logos, flashing lights, grunts, squeaks or whistles…

chrisnasah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you down grade the firmware requirements for your XCIs?

Try using these sigpatches instead of iTJ.

edit: What are the symptoms/error ,estates you’re seeing? Anything is helpful such as screen colors, logos, flashing lights, grunts, squeaks or whistles…
Just says insert the game card.

I went to the xci folder and did install again which seems to have worked, i believe i might have to do for all the games as previously this were installed with SX OS?

Scofield_TR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title: How do update? - 9.2.0 to Latest Version !

Hi friends,
As I mentioned in the title, I have a 9.2.0 version console and I need to update it to play some games. I've watched some videos, but since I'm not sure, wanted to write here. I've been away from these jobs for about 2 years and I don't know what to do with up-to-date information. Can you write what I need to be careful and do?
Thank you.

Edit: I use Atmosphere

Last edited by Scofield_TR,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just says insert the game card.

I went to the xci folder and did install again which seems to have worked, i believe i might have to do for all the games as previously this were installed with SX OS?

I mean hey, if it works….

:)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title: How do update? - 9.2.0 to Latest Version !

Hi friends,
As I mentioned in the title, I have a 9.2.0 version console and I need to update it to play some games. I've watched some videos, but since I'm not sure, wanted to write here. I've been away from these jobs for about 2 years and I don't know what to do with up-to-date information. Can you write what I need to be careful and do?
Thank you.

Edit: I use Atmosphere

Check out https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Specifically this page: https://rentry.org/UpdateCFW

Reactions: Scofield_TR

DictatorZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once again I accidently updated my system, this time due to joystick issues/drift.

I was concerned, it finished and wasn't working properly. I placed it in the dock while I got my laptop setup to try to deal with the issues. Oddly enough doing so somehow got the the system into the system UI, I went into daybreak I think it's called and updated the system through that just to make sure. That went ok, but on reboot I guess I was touching the joystick and so it started drifting when I let go while in Hekate.

So I restarted the system and that is when the real problems started. I repeatedly got the Fetal Error message. Specifically I think it was failed to stat ....something something. Sadly I don't recall what it was specifically, and I can't get the system to display it again.

I tried updating atmosphere, hekate, fusee, sig patches, etc., I also made sure that the Hekate ini file was setup properly, and still had issues,. I tried deleting all the old files and replacing it with the new ones and still had the issue. I tried using the TegraRCM software to get hekate opened to try to get things fixed, but hekate didn't have any of the tools or anything and I couldn't get it to really fix anything.

So to be clear the system is still working, but I can't get it to boot properly regardless of what I do.

Anyone have any suggestions or insights to get this working again?

Bangbruhzx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that doesn’t work then let’s do this, move each of the following folders to the same name but add .bak to each so you end up with:

/atmosphere.bak
/switch.bak
/bootloader.bak

At worst we can remove the .bak and you’re right back where you started.

Then follow the guide to download the required zip files agin and extract them to the root of your card. Make a new hekate_ipl.ini and exosphere.ini with the correct contens and any other items in the guide.
Okay, i tried to download the newest and latest sigpatches from that link you sent & it still wont let me go past emummc. still black lit screen.

& okay i can do that again and keep you updated, thank you.
I forgot to mention too, I have my sd card running in 1bit mode, can this be a problem too?
the pins look fine on both ends, motherboard & connector, but i ordered a new one just in case.This could be a problem because emummc reads straight from the sd, doesnt it?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn