Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the scene released a splitter specific for backups. Some people have said that a tool called NSPlitter works but I believe 7zip should be fine.
Now I understand your dilemma. Well, you are right that the games installed to internal memory should work immediately with emuMMC. But did you download/install any DLC and/or updates for those games? And if so, did you install them to internal memory or the SD card? If it was the latter, then that would explain why they still aren't working.
I see emummc config file showing Nintendo path of emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo so I copied my 322 go folder there. Still not working. Did I do it wrong ?

I am basically migrating SD cards so my backup right now is my old SD card. I made the emu nand partition on the new SD card and it launches and shows E in settings to indicate emunand but some games work but most don’t. I guess I can try and move the Nintendo folder back and try my CFW on sysnand with this sd card right ? Ok so now it’s not acting like it needs to be downloaded but I get software failed to start error like my sig patches are messed up maybe ? Do they need anything special for working in emunand?

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Daybreak can do sys or emu.
How do you use Daybreak to update the sysnand?

Not that I’m aware of. It’s one way. Basically you won’t be able to go below FW 9.0…so not THAT big a deal.
About this,
1644552639238.png

won't this mean that I won't be able to go below fw12.0.0 if I upgrade to the latest version fw13.2.1?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use Daybreak to update the sysnand?

Boot CFW but use sysnand instead of emunand (you’d create an entry in hekate_ipl.ini to do this.)

About this,View attachment 297634
won't this mean that I won't be able to go below fw12.0.0 if I upgrade to the latest version fw13.2.1?

Correct. You won’t be able to use the GC below each of those boundaries.

I haven’t looked in a while because it’s a bit of a non-issue to keep everything up to date. I do run dual boot SXOS on 11.0.0 but don’t use GC there. I use Atmosphere 99.9% of the time on 13.2.1 and therefore my GC runs latest FW as well.

I guess if you had a museum piece you we’re keeping on 4.0.0 and you wanted to keep it in a pristine state maybe? Dunno.

Reactions: Allen-R

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Boot CFW but use sysnand instead of emunand (you’d create an entry in hekate_ipl.ini to do this.)
Wouldbooting CFW in sysnand get logged and then get me banned?
(or could I still just use the system settings to update & this ^ is just another way for banned peeps to update their firmware?)

I guess if you had a museum piece you we’re keeping on 4.0.0 and you wanted to keep it in a pristine state maybe? Dunno.
> Be me. (not actually me)
> Has uncle with untouched launch switch in a mini-museum thing.
> Wait 'till he goes to work.
> Goes to his mini-museum.
> Swaps it out with my own similarly-clean-looking switch. (He'll never know since he never opens that place)
> Installs Atmosphere emuNAND (nogc) & update to latest fw.
> Enjoys the thought of playing new games on a switch with an extremely low fw sysNAND (just for the heck of it).
> Hope uncle doesn't catch on.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldbooting CFW in sysnand get logged and then get me banned?
(or could I still just use the system settings to update & this ^ is just another way for banned peeps to update their firmware?)

The preferred method of upgrading a clean Sysnand is through the Ninty servers. Just answering the question wrt how Daybreak works.

> Be me. (not actually me)
> Has uncle with untouched launch switch in a mini-museum thing.
> Wait 'till he goes to work.
> Goes to his mini-museum.
> Swaps it out with my own similarly-clean-looking switch. (He'll never know since he never opens that place)
> Installs Atmosphere emuNAND (nogc) & update to latest fw.
> Enjoys the thought of playing new games on a switch with an extremely low fw sysNAND (just for the heck of it).
> Hope uncle doesn't catch on.

Most games today won’t run on old FW. Museum pieces are look-but-don’t-touch useless (for the most part…unless you have a weird uncle.) There are folks holding out for that fabled soft hack unicorn that will likely never come but there’s nobody even working on soft hacks for old relic FW since we have working modern hardware hax.

Reactions: Allen-R

WicCaesar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I play on an emulator, can I ask questions here? It's not related to emulation per se, but a save file that got corrupted. Is there a way I could restore it? If it's not allowed here, can anyone who can help please send me a DM? Thanks in advance!

Kirizame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry if the question is silly, but is there any indication as to whether or not a softmod for Mariko/OLED units is possible?
I want to get my a modchip for my OLED Switch but don't want to buy a chip, pay for it to get installed and then in a few months that something new has been discovered.
Pretty much just wondering if I should wait or buy a chip from Aliexpress.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out only one game that was in system memory wasn’t working in emunand. I guess maybe that had an update in the sd card it couldn’t find ? I still can not get any of my games off my sd card to work with my emunand.

I tested downloading from tinfoil to sd card and that game worked. It doesn’t seem to be an issue with launching games off the sd card. I just need to figure out how to get it to recognize the games on the sd card and launch them correctly. Any ideas ? I was thinking maybe I have to keep Nintendo folder in same location and just change the path in the emu config file ? I got to copy the folder over again as I erased it trying to rebuild the emunand.

Never mind I got it working now looks like. Now to restore my 7.0 nand……

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if the question is silly, but is there any indication as to whether or not a softmod for Mariko/OLED units is possible?
I want to get my a modchip for my OLED Switch but don't want to buy a chip, pay for it to get installed and then in a few months that something new has been discovered.
Pretty much just wondering if I should wait or buy a chip from Aliexpress.

no chance whatsoever. there’s nobody publicly working on it. Those who have looked say it won’t happen. Proceed with your purchase without delay.

Reactions: Kirizame

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play on an emulator, can I ask questions here? It's not related to emulation per se, but a save file that got corrupted. Is there a way I could restore it? If it's not allowed here, can anyone who can help please send me a DM? Thanks in advance!

fair question. This is more of a general computer question. Without a recent backup, a corrupt file is very likely lost. A save file is like any other common file and has no built in redundancy mechanism.

WicCaesar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fair question. This is more of a general computer question. Without a recent backup, a corrupt file is very likely lost. A save file is like any other common file and has no built in redundancy mechanism.
I thought the "backup" and "main2" files were automatic backups, but they all share the same timestamp, the backup is corrupted as well (???) and main2 weighs only 1 KB. :cry:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the "backup" and "main2" files were automatic backups, but they all share the same timestamp, the backup is corrupted as well (???) and main2 weighs only 1 KB. :cry:

I’ll defer to someone more familiar with Ryujinx but it sounds like the files were being written to at the same time and something went sideways.

xristosv1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, I just purchased a v1 hacked switch yesterday, i have experience hacking devices but not the switch. So when i got it there was installed reboot to payload, daybreak and tinfoil. I am pretty sure i must backup my sysnand, the seller said its running on an emunand. I read that im supposed to do that with hekate but i cant seem to find it on the switch. Must i install it myself, if yes, how?

Also is there anything else i should know about having a modded switch? Any important apps i should install? Thanks

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Seems like the switch doesn't really play well with filenames that have special characters (for example, Japanese)
Tinfoil's MTP mode doesn't even start to copy the file (bar just gets stuck at 0%). I can copy the files no problem using hekate's MTP. But when it comes time to access them through homebrew (like Tinfoil's file browser, a music player, or a video player), they don't show up.

Is there a way to make those names work (aside from renaming) like maybe some homebrew?
(would be a bit hard if they were just renamed to numbers)

Last edited by Allen-R,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like the switch doesn't really play well with filenames that have special characters (for example, Japanese)
Tinfoil's MTP mode doesn't even start to copy the file (bar just gets stuck at 0%). I can copy the files no problem using hekate's MTP. But when it comes time to access them through homebrew (like Tinfoil's file browser, a music player, or a video player), they don't show up.

Is there a way to make those names work (aside from renaming) like maybe some homebrew?
(would be a bit hard if they were just renamed to numbers)
Check out nut (also by blawar). It will rename files based on rules you set.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I've been away from the scene for about 1 year, now i made a clean atmosphere installation in my switch with a new sd card.

Just want to know, in the past i used awoo instaler to install nsp and xci files.
Is it still good or is there any new and better title installer?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of a question. I am planning to restore my pristine 7.0 nand backup now that I have CFW working in emunand.

I recall my backup was done and then right after I used official method to do system transferred to another switch. Is this a problem that there are still Nintendo accounts and all that stuff tied to this old system that were technically transferred off it to another switch ? I read to format it, which was my plan, you do have to connect to Nintendo online. Am I safe with auto RCM enabled, to boot sysnand OFW after restore even though last state Nintendo saw the console the accounts had been transferred off? I want to update and use the console unbanned again.

Should I like just individually erase the user accounts first? Can you do that offline ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up