Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fixed by using this : https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/switchdumpguide/

Hi, I updated my emunand and everything but my sigpatches doesn't seem to work. I used this one : https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/blob/master/README.md

When I launch a backup game, it's telling me that it's corrupted and I can't do anything.

Any idea on what I should do ?

I used the hekate.zip since my hekate file look like this
1642559198123.png

Last edited by Kanakops,

Bala666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If your console isn't a Mariko unit, you can just delete it immediately. If it is, you will need it. There is a fuse check performed when the console wakes up from sleep mode or warmboot (a boot up that is done while the console is on or "warm"). On Erista consoles, this is a non-issue because there is an exploit that bypasses this check. But that exploit was patched on Mariko units so the workaround is to use a dumped copy of the warmboot in order to trick the Mariko units into thinking the fuse count is correct.

Its a setting you disable in Data Management under System Settings.

Seems like Nichole's repository of JellyfinNX is the only development done with this client.

TX were responsible for all parts of the SX Core from production to advertisement except for selling. They distributed the modchips to resellers whom people had to purchase from. So TX were the owners of this chip. And someone posted a PCB of the chip.
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

I managed to understand perfectly the usefulness of the folder, I only had 2 doubts.

1. Is this different fuse count due to a mistake I made when migrating my emunand or does this happen to everyone who has Mariko units?

2. Is this folder necessary even on SXOS?

This folder appeared after I did the migration and I had to use the "Mariko_Warmboot" tool (something like that).

Once again, thank you very much for your attention and explanation.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the detailed explanation!

I managed to understand perfectly the usefulness of the folder, I only had 2 doubts.

1. Is this different fuse count due to a mistake I made when migrating my emunand or does this happen to everyone who has Mariko units?

2. Is this folder necessary even on SXOS?

This folder appeared after I did the migration and I had to use the "Mariko_Warmboot" tool (something like that).

Once again, thank you very much for your attention and explanation.
  1. The issue (well its not really an issue but rather a phenomenon) can arise emuMMC and sysMMC are on different firmware versions because the console expects a certain number of fuses to be burnt for every firmware. As I explained, there is an exploit that ignores this entirely on Erista consoles but Mariko units do not have that luxury and as such require the warmboot dump on the SD card
  2. No since all of the files required for SX OS to simply operate are embedded within the boot.date file

Reactions: Bala666

Trizae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a setting you disable in Data Management under System Settings.
As I mentioned you can't access the save data cloud system settings if 90dns etc is enabled as it tries to talk to nintendo which I won't do on emummc to risk of ban it just boots you straight off once you get the error about not being able to connect so you can't actually turn it off, or I would have done that before messaging here. Is there an alternative way?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I mentioned you can't access the save data cloud system settings if 90dns etc is enabled as it tries to talk to nintendo which I won't do on emummc to risk of ban it just boots you straight off once you get the error about not being able to connect so you can't actually turn it off, or I would have done that before messaging here. Is there an alternative way?
Well since its an issue stemming from the fact that its a game linked to a user account, maybe try unlinking the account with Linkalho.

Bala666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  1. The issue (well its not really an issue but rather a phenomenon) can arise emuMMC and sysMMC are on different firmware versions because the console expects a certain number of fuses to be burnt for every firmware. As I explained, there is an exploit that ignores this entirely on Erista consoles but Mariko units do not have that luxury and as such require the warmboot dump on the SD card
  2. No since all of the files required for SX OS to simply operate are embedded within the boot.date file
Perfect!!
Thank you immensely for your attention and patience.

Until later!

Reactions: Draxzelex

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for that. So it really is just a case of cloning the partitions ?? No need to worry about keys, etc ? From what I can tell, it's the readable partition (on the SD card) that contains all the games - and will be the one that needs extending after cloning - and the unreadable partition contains the firmware. Does that sound right ?

I already have a couple of disk cloning apps; DiskGenius and EaseUS Partition Master so hopefully those will do the trick
Bumping my own post but ...

So I used EaseUs to clone my existing card to the new one and everything, in EaseUs, looks fine.

I put the the new SD card in the Switch and boot up and see the Hekate screen and choose the fusee.bin payload (just like with the old card) but then see:

A fatal error occurred when running Fusee
Invalid GTP signature

Press POWER to reboot

Anyone got any ideas ?

UPDATE: All sorted now

Last edited by smudgester,

tamamushiiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just set up a partition-based emuNAND with Atmosphere and I want to use Haku33 to clean my sysNAND. Can I do that by launching Haku33 while on my emuNAND?

Sylfurion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Guys, I updated my switch (got a 1st generation with jig) to the last OFW and upgraded in same time to the new version of Atmosphere via SD Setup (replacing my old files by the new and I have conserve emuMMC/nintendo/backup) and just downloaded the new sigpatch (tried hekate version and fusee version).

But my games don't launch anymore (it say that the game is corrupted, a verification is launched, after that I can launch the game again, but it never launch and say the switch can't launch the game....) someone know how i can fix that ?

Ok just needed to upate my emuMMC wich was in 11.0 to 13.02 with daybreak !

Last edited by Sylfurion,

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is fat32 still recommended over exfat or are they the same now?
I use to manually install nsp's so being able to transfer one file from my pc to the switch was why i kept it as exfat.But now i just use tinfoil shops or backup my cartridges so i don't think thats an issue with those 2 methods since they automate the splitting of the files right?

Lastly, when moving sd cards with an emunand partition, can i partition in hekate and then restore?

Last edited by Dt123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just set up a partition-based emuNAND with Atmosphere and I want to use Haku33 to clean my sysNAND. Can I do that by launching Haku33 while on my emuNAND?
No, you have to launch it in sysMMC. Also be aware that there is no guarantee you will not be banned even after using Haku33. In fact, a user has already been banned after using it.
if I installed smash ultimate dlc on my switch what is the probability I would get banned?
Nobody has run any statistical analyses on ban causes but if you're installing it as a pirated .NSP file, your chances are probably greater than 50%.
if I update my sysNAND OFW through System Settings, will I not be able to use my eMMC (sysNAND) dump that was on the older firmware?
No, the whole point of emuMMC is to be on a different firmware than sysMMC. Technically, its emuMMC that is supposed to be on a higher firmware version but its not an issue if sysMMC is on a higher version.
Hi, is fat32 still recommended over exfat or are they the same now?
I use to manually install nsp's so being able to transfer one file from my pc to the switch was why i kept it as exfat.But now i just use tinfoil shops or backup my cartridges so i don't think thats an issue with those 2 methods since they automate the splitting of the files right?

Lastly, when moving sd cards with an emunand partition, can i partition in hekate and then restore?
FAT32 will always be recommended until Nintendo fixes exFAT which will most likely never happen since there is no incentive for them to fix it. And yes, you can back them via Hekate and use it as well to restore the partitions.

Reactions: Plazorn and Dt123

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 will always be recommended until Nintendo fixes exFAT which will most likely never happen since there is no incentive for them to fix it. And yes, you can back them via Hekate and use it as well to restore the partitions.

Thanks!

So my old sd card was exfat and I've formatted my new one to fat32. So my emunand backups are over 4gb (its 30gb) . How can i go about restoring the emunand on to the new sd card?
Or is it better if i build a new emunand? If so will i have to install my games again or can i transfer them over?

Edit- I've found that you can split the emunand using 7zip but not sure if that has any negative effects, so I'd still like to know if building a fresh emunand is the better move.

Last edited by Dt123,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

So my old sd card was exfat and I've formatted my new one to fat32. So my emunand backups are over 4gb (its 30gb) . How can i go about restoring the emunand on to the new sd card?
Or is it better if i build a new emunand? If so will i have to install my games again or can i transfer them over?

Edit- I've found that you can split the emunand using 7zip but not sure if that has any negative effects, so I'd still like to know if building a fresh emunand is the better move.
If you make a new emuMMC, you will have to install your games all over again so its better to transfer the emuMMC. There won't be any negative effects if you split it but you can also temporarily format your SD card as exFAT so you can transfer it as one file. While exFAT is bad to use normally with the Nintendo Switch, its not bad to use it with Hekate because Hekate won't corrupt your SD card.

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you make a new emuMMC, you will have to install your games all over again so its better to transfer the emuMMC. There won't be any negative effects if you split it but you can also temporarily format your SD card as exFAT so you can transfer it as one file. While exFAT is bad to use normally with the Nintendo Switch, its not bad to use it with Hekate because Hekate won't corrupt your SD card.
So the sd card has already been partitioned while being fat32, can i still format the visible partition as exfat?

Edit- nevermind , upon checking the emunand partition is unformatted and you can have two different file systems on two different partitions.

Last edited by Dt123,

eriuz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have been trying for hours to use hactool to extract animal crossing models for a 3d print in specific bella (the mice) model but my hactool is saying my keys wont work or something the game is corrupted 0 and 1 and that game i downloaded from two different sites and the keys at the begging i use some random keys from internet but after a while i extracted the keys from my switch and still nothing anyone know how i can extract that model ? even a guide for idiots will work

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have been trying for hours to use hactool to extract animal crossing models for a 3d print in specific bella (the mice) model but my hactool is saying my keys wont work or something the game is corrupted 0 and 1 and that game i downloaded from two different sites and the keys at the begging i use some random keys from internet but after a while i extracted the keys from my switch and still nothing anyone know how i can extract that model ? even a guide for idiots will work
Are the keys in the right directory for hactool to read and the right format... iirc hactool requires the file to be called keys.dat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Pffffft sending me a PM stating we're all a bunch a mean azzholes :creep:. Same here DUDE :angry: