Country
United States
Switch FW 13.2.1
so fresh format of SD card
Atmosphère 1.2.6
Latest Supports HOS firmware 13.2.1 and AMS 1.2.6 Latest - Sigpatches
Tinfoil 13

trying to run PLA getting error 2002-4153
Did you download the latest patches from this thread? If not, I urge you to do so as that place always has the updated patches. I also highly recommend using TinWoo Installer to install games as it is both what I personally use & always recommend to new users as I've never had any issues with it.

Xaniled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you download the latest patches from this thread? If not, I urge you to do so as that place always has the updated patches. I also highly recommend using TinWoo Installer to install games as it is both what I personally use & always recommend to new users as I've never had any issues with it.
i got from these links

Atmosphère 1.2.6
https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Latest Supports HOS firmware 13.2.1 and AMS 1.2.6 Latest - Sigpatches
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xaniled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, if you don't get the patches from the thread I linked, then you're most likely using outdated/incorrect patches. That thread is the only place everyone should be downloading their patches from.
installed the sigpatches from the thread, reinstalled the game and now it doesnt load the nintendo screen just "could not start this software"

Dt123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just decide to scrap everything and re-install everything from scratch.
If i back up already installed NSP's using tinfoil, is there any downside to doing so vs a fresh nsp install of them from my cartridge?

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a bit of a noob question about hekate reboot features:

Rebooting from Hekate itself, has 2 options: OFW and Normal. Since both are "stock sysnand" essentially, what would be the difference?

EDIT on this: The middle option that i mentioned as "normal" shows as "RCM" on my V1 switch. On my OLED displays "Normal" but infact reboots into RCM. I wonder what causes the difference in text.

Last edited by Stryd,

dwilson4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That depends on how you're games are stored. If you were originally mounting them as .XCI files, they will need to be installed under Atmosphere since Atmosphere doesn't support .XCI file mounting. If they were installed as either .XCI or .NSP files, you don't need to do anything additional aside from ensuring you have the patches on your SD card. As for the save files, those are saved to the console itself so they work irrespective of the CFW being used.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Most of them are .nsp. I'm on Atmosphere and it doesn't see the ones I installed on SXOS. I see your note about ensuring I have the sigpatches. Will it not recognize them until I update those? Where are the files stored in SXOS?

BTR06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi everyone ! hope you are great ,
i just installed tatmosphere (1.2.6) but can only access hbmenu in Applet mode
i dont have any games nor apps installed in the home menu or switch menu,
how do i access hbmenu in full memory mode ?
thnks a lot in advance

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a noob question about hekate reboot features:

Rebooting from Hekate itself, has 2 options: OFW and Normal. Since both are "stock sysnand" essentially, what would be the difference?

EDIT on this: The middle option that i mentioned as "normal" shows as "RCM" on my V1 switch. On my OLED displays "Normal" but infact reboots into RCM. I wonder what causes the difference in text.
OFW means it would reboot the console into Stock mode and out of RCM while Normal means rebooting normally into RCM since Hekate exists in RCM.
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Most of them are .nsp. I'm on Atmosphere and it doesn't see the ones I installed on SXOS. I see your note about ensuring I have the sigpatches. Will it not recognize them until I update those? Where are the files stored in SXOS?
They will not launch unless you have the patches on your SD card. And as I said, the save files are stored inside the console itself. The CFW has no affect on where save files go. To put it another way, save files work irrespective of CFW.
Hi everyone ! hope you are great ,
i just installed tatmosphere (1.2.6) but can only access hbmenu in Applet mode
i dont have any games nor apps installed in the home menu or switch menu,
how do i access hbmenu in full memory mode ?
thnks a lot in advance
You can try installing the homebrew menu as an .NSP file here.

Reactions: Stryd

snow_box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I remove my SD card when I boot into sysMMC for legal play and connecting to bigN servers? Been trying to see some answers on other threads but I'm seeing mixed opinions.

Last edited by snow_box,

jeffacake

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I've just dug my switch out turns out its old and exploitable. it did unfortunately(I think I dunno) update to latest firmware.

I have factory reset its completely clear and all accounts deleted.

Do i need to add and account or profile?

I just wanna install .nsp and hopefully play some games for free.

I don't think I've ever played a Nintendo game online so Id like to keep it offline if at all possible.

before i gave it a factory reset I could access atmosphere and tried to install a game with goldleaf and tinfoil but it kept saying I need the software to run the game.

Any help or advice would be loved.

Stryd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
OFW means it would reboot the console into Stock mode and out of RCM while Normal means rebooting normally into RCM since Hekate exists in RCM.

They will not launch unless you have the patches on your SD card. And as I said, the save files are stored inside the console itself. The CFW has no affect on where save files go. To put it another way, save files work irrespective of CFW.

You can try installing the homebrew menu as an .NSP file here.
I found the info in hekate 5.5.3, where it says:

• Allow Reboot to OFW (bypass fuses) on patched Erista and Mariko units
    The options for these (except unpatched) now are:
    OFW: Reboot and bypass fuses like always. This depends on at least one intact BCT.
    Normal: Reboot by resetting regulators. This enters custom bootloader if chipped, otherwise it does an OFW (no fuse bypass) reboot.
Does this mean my HWFLY is chipped into rebooting into hekate itself? Is it something that can potentially change with files setup or AMS errors, or is something purely defined by the chip itself and cannot be altered?

EDIT to add responses for @snow_box .
Should I remove my SD card when I boot into sysMMC for legal play and connecting to bigN servers? Been trying to see some answers on other threads but I'm seeing mixed opinions.
It's not necessary. Unless they will start checking SD cards, but i don't think that will be the case. If you're extremely paranoid, yes, take it out. But it wont make a difference :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself