Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

donkeyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is it possible to trick the Switch/Android into thinking the Joy Cons are Xbox One controllers for games who require Xbox One/Dual Shock 4 controllers (Call of Duty: Mobile)? Or bypass this some other way? Thanks for any response!
- donkey

edit: I installed Magisk v23, so I have root access in chase that matters..

Last edited by donkeyhigh,

theultikirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a super clueless noob question here: what is the best way to patch/apply updates to a game?

I've got a game and an update for that game, and they are both .nsp files. I just am not sure of how to use the update on the game. There is probably a very simple answer that will make me feel like an idiot once I see it, but for now I have no idea how to do it. Any help is very appreciated.
Yep, I asked something similar to this hours earlier. But, how did you get the game updates? I also noticed I might be able to update Splatoon 2 after I reboot my system, but I do not want to risk it.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've got a super clueless noob question here: what is the best way to patch/apply updates to a game?

I've got a game and an update for that game, and they are both .nsp files. I just am not sure of how to use the update on the game. There is probably a very simple answer that will make me feel like an idiot once I see it, but for now I have no idea how to do it. Any help is very appreciated.
I'm going to give back to the community now, since it's been so good to me. I personally like NSC Builder, you can easily google it, it's created by julesontheroad. Download it to your pc, extract it, and run the batch file. Do the following:
  • Choose Multipack mode
  • Drop your first nsp file your game file into the window [Hit Enter]
  • Drop your second update file into the window [Hit Enter]
  • Choose to Process those files
  • Tell it what output you want XCI, NSP etc
  • Patch firmware required if you want
  • Merge all
  • Install
Done.

Reactions: ShadowbannedAllstar

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey so I'm trying to move from SXOS to Atmosphere ( a decision I'm now regretting) and now all games except one are no longer working. I got this error code. I was told to update but as usual, no further details were given. May I have some help please?

Attachments

• error code.jpg
    error code.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 58

Mechzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi all, I hope I am in the right place to post this question, otherwise do just let me know and I'll remove it.

First some context:
* My switch is using a default emuNAND setup with stock OFW and Atmosphere 13.1.0 as CFW.
* SD Card is 256GB and formatted as FAT32

My problem:
I am trying to set up the emupath in the bootloader 'hekate_ipl.ini' file as follows (both config and stock segments are in the file but ommitted here):

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
emupath=emuMMC/RAW1
emummcforce=1
For reference and added info, in below also my emummc.ini from the emuMMC folder:
[emummc]
enabled=1
sector=0x1a2b8000
path=emuMMC/RAW1
id=0x31574152
nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo

When I boot my switch, he does not take that setting into account and does not use my switch folder or 'hbmenu.nro' from the 'emuMMC/RAW1' directory as in the config, but instead crashes with error code indicating he does not find a resource.
The reason (I think) I know this is that, when I put that folder and file into the root of my SD card, it does properly work without any issue.
Tried with and without the additional lines of the emupath and the emummcforce, but does not change anything unfortunately.

Does anyone have an indication what could still be wrong here or possible steps I could take to resolve it?
Or if not and the files remain in the root of the sd card, would it pose a risk for my sysNAND OFW getting banned, when going online with it?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Voltar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I boot into SysNAND using CFW by accident using Hekate and it connects to the Internet, will my SysNAND become dirty even if I don't do anything?

Like, I missclick and boot into SysNAND with CFW instead of EmuNAND and it connects to the Internet but I turn off the Switch immediately. Would my SysNAND become dirty and marked as a possible ban on the future?

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like i post yesterday, i only used "Firmware-Updater" on my Switch to update the EmuNand. Apparantly it doesnt work anymore.
Where can i find now Firmware-Updates? And how can i install them? Before is used Daybreak.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey so I'm trying to move from SXOS to Atmosphere ( a decision I'm now regretting) and now all games except one are no longer working. I got this error code. I was told to update but as usual, no further details were given. May I have some help please?
More detail is needed. Here is what I would do (Keep in mind the more information you can give the better, plus there are MANY good guides if you can RCM your switch you can do anything):
  • Get a new SD card
  • If for some reason you haven't already, do a safety eMMC and backup as per the millions of instructions online and or this guide) This is one of my favorite guides and covers the newest versions of atmosphere and Hekate
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/
  • Follow EVERYTHING in the guide above step by step. Create the emuMMC partition as well, that's the gold ticket
  • As for updating firmware when you are done following this guide you will have DAYLIGHT installed, and you will do this part of the guide for updating your sysmmc and your emummc (PS - If you know where to obtain FW, not covered here, and won't be for IP reasons, you can just get the file and use daylight on the emuMMC side):
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

Keep the following safety rules in mind
  • Make sure 90DNS is active on the emummc (Put it back on sysmmc when done the update on the sysmmc side)
  • Make sure the settings for the nogc = 1 in the strataphere.ini are set if you are using AMS and Fusee
  • If you are using Hekate to boot ASM, that is perfectly acceptable, but make sure that the [config] section of the hekate_ipl.ini has this entry autonogc=1 (If you don't want to burn your fuses)
  • Boot to sysmmc, update your SW to desired firmware version via a cartridge or online update
  • You can skip updating your Sysnand, and just use daylight to load FW on the emuMMC side if you know how to magically get FW file)
  • Like the guide says boot to RCM and inject tagraexplorer.bin. Back up your newly updated sysmmc FIRMWARE as per the instructions. (It will back up to your SD you set up in the previous section)
  • Boot to emuMMC, load DAYLIGHT from the homebrew app, and update your firmware on the emuMMC side as per the guide above
  • As long as both sysMMC and emuMMC are on the same FW versions, you should be able to use your cartridge slot on the emuMMC side still, check it after the update on the emuMMC side
  • Make sure your SIGpatches are up to date. ONLY USE THE PATCHES here,
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

• The attached ZIP at the top of that thread has the newest SIG patches for ALL FW versions.
  • Enjoy your SW again.

Last edited by microchipman,

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I boot into SysNAND using CFW by accident using Hekate and it connects to the Internet, will my SysNAND become dirty even if I don't do anything?

Like, I missclick and boot into SysNAND with CFW instead of EmuNAND and it connects to the Internet but I turn off the Switch immediately. Would my SysNAND become dirty and marked as a possible ban on the future?
  • I can't say for sure, but personally, I think it would be dirty at that point. Did you back up your NAND at any point before modifications so you have a clean copy?

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like i post yesterday, i only used "Firmware-Updater" on my Switch to update the EmuNand. Apparantly it doesnt work anymore.
Where can i find now Firmware-Updates? And how can i install them? Before is used Daybreak.
Looks like you have a seperate emuMMC partition, you can still use daybreak. You have a couple of options. Update the Sysmmc via a cart to a relatively new level OR, update the sysmmc firmware online. RCM in after that, inject tagraexplorer.bin, take a backup of your newly updated sysMMC firmware, and then restore it from DAYLIGHT on the emuMMC side. I would keep my SD card with all the hack stuff out of the card slot on the sysMMC side, just our of sheer paranoia. There may be other ways to get the firmware too....but those are the methods I've used.

Just4fun115

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi i have AtmoXL Titel installer with amsPlus . i tried to install xci files (Warez) via ns-Usbloader. Everthing works fine until i click install. than an error occurs telling me instalation failed. whats the problem ? has it anything to do with product.key files, because i dont actually own a leagal copy of the game?

Voltar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
  • I can't say for sure, but personally, I think it would be dirty at that point. Did you back up your NAND at any point before modifications so you have a clean copy?
It hasn't happened to me, I was asking because if that's the case I know I have to be extra cautious when I boot.

My SysNand backup is from a few days ago. Let's say I do some stuff legally in my SysNand and then I mess up and I boot it with CFW. In that case the backup wouldn't save me from the ban, right? Because I did things AFTER the backup, so the logs wouldn't match.

Am I right?

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Draxzelex Tegra Explorer says an wierd error to me, if i try to start FirmwareDump.te:
[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
SYSTEM MOUNT FAILED

but the SD is mounted an everything works just fine, i can start CFW over emuMMC.
My sysMMC is updated to 13.1.0 and the emuMMC is still on 10.1.0
I have the dev.keys and the prod.keys extracted with Lockpick_RCM

i used this Methode https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/ if i understand it right it is that what @microchipman makes

drinkmoreboba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I may have done something stupid. Basically my switch was hacked in 2018 and I barely used it. I recently started again and figured I'd do a system update. I didn't care about anything on it so I just booted normally and tried to do the update and received an error, it appears that I had incognito or something similar setup. I figured fine, I'll just restore my Nand backup which I did in the initial hacking since I followed a good guide that recommended it. (I made a new one before that too). Problem is, after that it won't boot normally anymore. It's just a black screen. I boot into RCM and every boot option fails except if I inject fusee and use the latest atmosphere. In there I figured okay I'll do an update and I did but it didn't solve the issue. I assume there is a fuse mismatch? Perhaps I restored a previous version accidentally? I just can't remember since it was so long ago and maybe it did get updated.

What can I do now to get it just back to defaults so i can start over? I tried Haku33 on both sysnand and emmc but it didn't do anything. Am I screwed? (also, don't really care if I'm banned or not, it's only homebrew and I won't be going online or worrying about pirating any games or anything) Also don't care about whats on it. Out of box state is just fine.

edit* tried to restore nand again and now I can't boot with fusee anymore. Should I follow the mmc rebuild unbrick guide from suchmememanyskill?

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i have AtmoXL Titel installer with amsPlus . i tried to install xci files (Warez) via ns-Usbloader. Everthing works fine until i click install. than an error occurs telling me instalation failed. whats the problem ? has it anything to do with product.key files, because i dont actually own a leagal copy of the game?
Make sure you have the newest sigPatches. As well, TinWoo is awesome for installing.

Reactions: Just4fun115

Cmirka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can someone help me redo my atmosphere hack. I would like to remove all files and install it from the start. I have some problems, that started recently. I am not sure of what to delete from SD card. If there is any tutorial I would love the link. I hacked it once watching YouTube video with my jig and little plastic injectiotor. Thnx to anyone who helps. Sorry for bad English.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help me redo my atmosphere hack. I would like to remove all files and install it from the start. I have some problems, that started recently. I am not sure of what to delete from SD card. If there is any tutorial I would love the link. I hacked it once watching YouTube video with my jig and little plastic injectiotor. Thnx to anyone who helps. Sorry for bad English.
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/

Apply SIGpatches when done:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Day 1 Switch hacked w/ Atmosphere; I want to do some testing with Splatoon 2 gear data. I have hacked the gear a few times to help me get the abilities I need cause the amount of time it would take to get everything in S2 is unrealistic for me. For testing purposes only. Nothing else is on this system.

The system is/will remain offline. Problem is that on my Day One Switch S2 save is still on version 5.4.0 verses 5.5.0. How am I able to update/sideload to 5.5.0 w/out connecting online and being banned at all? I never connect online anyways w/ this Switch. I do everything on my other non-hacked RB Switch and I don't want to be banned there either.
You can update locally. There should be an option when you press (+) on the game icon to update with a nearby console.
Okay, sorry last question for awhile. First, TinWoo is awesome. Good Suggestion. Next, What is the best way to get my Save Game Data from Ryujinx to my Modded switch for my games? Is there a tutorial for this? I know there are save managers now, but I have never used one.
I use JKSV. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with emulators so hopefully it can import the save data from Ryujinx into your console. Also make sure that you run the game at least once on your console if you're importing save data for a game you never played on the Switch.
Do you have the patches to launch and install backups? If not, you can download them from this thread.
@Draxzelex Tegra Explorer says an wierd error to me, if i try to start FirmwareDump.te:
[FatFS] Error: NOFAT
SYSTEM MOUNT FAILED

but the SD is mounted an everything works just fine, i can start CFW over emuMMC.
My sysMMC is updated to 13.1.0 and the emuMMC is still on 10.1.0
I have the dev.keys and the prod.keys extracted with Lockpick_RCM

i used this Methode https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/ if i understand it right it is that what @microchipman makes
You don't have to dump the firmware files. You can download them illegally from the Internet if you want. Otherwise, you can try dumping the firmware files with the homebrew application, biggestDump.
I may have done something stupid. Basically my switch was hacked in 2018 and I barely used it. I recently started again and figured I'd do a system update. I didn't care about anything on it so I just booted normally and tried to do the update and received an error, it appears that I had incognito or something similar setup. I figured fine, I'll just restore my Nand backup which I did in the initial hacking since I followed a good guide that recommended it. (I made a new one before that too). Problem is, after that it won't boot normally anymore. It's just a black screen. I boot into RCM and every boot option fails except if I inject fusee and use the latest atmosphere. In there I figured okay I'll do an update and I did but it didn't solve the issue. I assume there is a fuse mismatch? Perhaps I restored a previous version accidentally? I just can't remember since it was so long ago and maybe it did get updated.

What can I do now to get it just back to defaults so i can start over? I tried Haku33 on both sysnand and emmc but it didn't do anything. Am I screwed? (also, don't really care if I'm banned or not, it's only homebrew and I won't be going online or worrying about pirating any games or anything) Also don't care about whats on it. Out of box state is just fine.

edit* tried to restore nand again and now I can't boot with fusee anymore. Should I follow the mmc rebuild unbrick guide from suchmememanyskill?
I would recommend following that guide. Just to clarify, your SD card is formatted as FAT32? If yes, go ahead with the unbricking guide. If not, try using FAT32 first.

Reactions: Just4fun115

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte