Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

wisdym

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how much does emunand take up? i know you need a 64gb (or above) sd card for it but is it around 50gb or is it less? sorry if this is really stupid i couldn't find anything on it when i checked.
edit: also, does hacking(specifically save editing) in games that can be online but never going online with hacked saves count as 'hacking online games?'

Last edited by wisdym,

bloodydawn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have been trying to upload a game to the SD card on my switch with ftpd pro, but every time I upload around 4.2 gigabytes, ftpd pro throws up an error saying "software caused connection abort" and when I reconnect on filezilla with my PC, it refuses to resume the upload.

The game is Devil May Cry 1, and it's over 9 gigabytes. I did format the SD card the way it was recommended - I can't remember what the type of format was called, but I do know that now I cannot cut and paste large files to the SD card even in windows anymore. Is that the reason why I can't upload the file through ftpd pro? I also have goldleaf and tinwoo on my SD card but tinwoo says that it's in applet mode.

I don't really know what to do to get Devil May Cry on the SD card, I want to get it on there very much because I never really played it before.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is the tutorial I used to dual boot my switch but they said to use fat32 but the issue I have is that I can't copy my xcis back to the sd card to reinstall my games plus I can't reboot out of Atmosphere to get back to Hekate. Can I please get some help.

Last edited by qaz015393,

MadShady

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello!

I recently updated my switch to latest Atmosphere and hekate using this guide:
Eittch tee tee pee sss slash slash nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/#updating-your-firmware

But when I inject Fusee, the atmosphere logo flashes a second before going black. What can I do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been out of the game for a bout a year or so now and I just got back and saw that there's no more SXOS. What's a good guide to migrating to Atmosphere or are there other options?. (Assuming I have no choice in the matter here). A video guide would be great if it's not outdated. My switch info is below. It's one of the OG switch that has a hackable serial (if that still even applies).

Current Firmware: 9.1.0
SX OS 3.0.4
EmuNAND Enabled
No, a video guide would not be great because none are made by any trusted members. There is also no such thing as a video guide that isn't outdated because every video guide is outdated the moment they are released. Always only follow text-based guides. Half of the problems posted here arise from users following video guides. With that being said, you can follow this text-based guide on moving from SX OS to Atmosphere.
how much does emunand take up? i know you need a 64gb (or above) sd card for it but is it around 50gb or is it less? sorry if this is really stupid i couldn't find anything on it when i checked.
edit: also, does hacking(specifically save editing) in games that can be online but never going online with hacked saves count as 'hacking online games?'
By default, emuMMC is the same size as the regular eMMC which is 32 GB. As for your second question, bans only occur whenever you go online with a hacked console so if you do not go online, you will not risk being banned but not going online is effectively the same as being banned.
Hi all, I have been trying to upload a game to the SD card on my switch with ftpd pro, but every time I upload around 4.2 gigabytes, ftpd pro throws up an error saying "software caused connection abort" and when I reconnect on filezilla with my PC, it refuses to resume the upload.

The game is Devil May Cry 1, and it's over 9 gigabytes. I did format the SD card the way it was recommended - I can't remember what the type of format was called, but I do know that now I cannot cut and paste large files to the SD card even in windows anymore. Is that the reason why I can't upload the file through ftpd pro? I also have goldleaf and tinwoo on my SD card but tinwoo says that it's in applet mode.

I don't really know what to do to get Devil May Cry on the SD card, I want to get it on there very much because I never really played it before.
You can try using USB-install instead. Also Applet Mode just means that you are launching the homebrew menu via an Applet such as the Album.

This is the tutorial I used to dual boot my switch but they said to use fat32 but the issue I have is that I can't copy my xcis back to the sd card to reinstall my games plus I can't reboot out of Atmosphere to get back to Hekate. Can I please get some help.

You can just use USB install to install the .XCI files. There is no reason not to use FAT32 anymore on the Switch.
Hello!

I recently updated my switch to latest Atmosphere and hekate using this guide:
Eittch tee tee pee sss slash slash nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/#updating-your-firmware

But when I inject Fusee, the atmosphere logo flashes a second before going black. What can I do?
How is the SD card formatted?

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just use USB install to install the .XCI files. There is no reason not to use FAT32 anymore on the Switch

I managed to find another video tutorial instead of sleeping more 😂 anyway I think I solved the issue, I was supposed to add Atmosphere stuff to the EmuMMC folder and not to the root of the sd card. So after work (?) I'll be trying to do it again from the beginning and hope it'll work this time. I also forgot about that since I was trying to do it all before I went to sleep but I'll remember about it later.

I also need to triple check I have the singpatches and everything else right later as well.

Last edited by qaz015393,

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There has got to be a web exploit for the lite since accessing the web browser disconnects you from nintendo servers.

PerksofLilies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hey guys long time no see, recently i got back into modding and i've been wondering if there's a way to inject back save files to sysNAND without having to boot it into cfw. im super duper paranoid about getting banned and i'd rather just let it go if its not possible. i found this rather old video on it but it specifically says not for acnh (and i'd want to use it for acnh to help my friends with cataloging) so i came here to ask, is there any other way to achieve this without sysnand cfw?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has got to be a web exploit for the lite since accessing the web browser disconnects you from nintendo servers.
Even if with a hypothetical web exploit, it not enough to fully hack the console because that would only lead to userland access. We would need a kernel exploit which is even harder to find. SciresM, the leading expert on the Switch, has poured over 500 hours into trying to find an exploit and has come up empty handed. If you think there is an exploit to be found, go find it yourself then. Otherwise, get an unpatched console.
hey guys long time no see, recently i got back into modding and i've been wondering if there's a way to inject back save files to sysNAND without having to boot it into cfw. im super duper paranoid about getting banned and i'd rather just let it go if its not possible. i found this rather old video on it but it specifically says not for acnh (and i'd want to use it for acnh to help my friends with cataloging) so i came here to ask, is there any other way to achieve this without sysnand cfw?
No there is no way to do that and even if there was, injecting save data can be traced so such a method would never be fullproof.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I need to update the Linux? I see in some videos they say to update it but I just want to install RetroPie and pscx2 on it to finally beat ff7 dirge of Cerberus so asking before I go and try dual booting again and before I install Atmosphere (plus triple quadruple check I have the singpatches in the right spots- but days before when I set up Atmosphere everything seemed good and I'm pretty sure I already did it)

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
When I launch atmos via fusee.bin, it has acces to install / read NSP but can't read my game cartridges, and when launched via hekate it can read my cartridges but it can't install / read NSP nor anything homebrew related.

I looked into stratosphere.ini and put there nogc = 0 but no dice.

Where is the file I need to modify? Or why does this happen?

Nutzerlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i updated my Switch from 12.0.1 to 13.1.0 per Daybreak, i have updated Hekate and Atmo to the newest release. Now by time booting it shows this Error:

Error while loading fss0:
atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files!
Failed to launch HOS!

i renamed fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in /atmosphere folder

My Switch has the Modchip from SX OS this Chip has the "normal" bootloader not Spacecraft, because i cant do it in the time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I launch atmos via fusee.bin, it has acces to install / read NSP but can't read my game cartridges, and when launched via hekate it can read my cartridges but it can't install / read NSP nor anything homebrew related.

I looked into stratosphere.ini and put there nogc = 0 but no dice.

Where is the file I need to modify? Or why does this happen?
Download the patches from this thread if you haven't already.
Hi, i updated my Switch from 12.0.1 to 13.1.0 per Daybreak, i have updated Hekate and Atmo to the newest release. Now by time booting it shows this Error:

Error while loading fss0:
atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files!
Failed to launch HOS!

i renamed fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in /atmosphere folder

My Switch has the Modchip from SX OS this Chip has the "normal" bootloader not Spacecraft, because i cant do it in the time.
Did you rename fusee-secondary.bin to package3 in your hekate_ipl.ini folder?
are XJJ consoles hackable?
If its not XAJ or XAW, its not an Erista console.

Reactions: nWo and HK-51

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show