Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DrahosR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If I have ipatched NSW on firmware 4.1.0 and used the latest Atmosphere 19.4. Does that mean I have fully up to date system or I still need to download latest update for NSW? And if I need to update the OS on NSW do I just download it? How does the update process work? (Unless my switch suppose to show 4.1.0|A.M.S. 19.4 and this is it?)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Thank you for helping with my SXOS emunand to Atmosphere emuMMC question.
So I'm using Atmosphere for the first time after using SXOS for years.
I have usually used XCI files and 'inserted the cartridge' in SXOS. But I can't seem to figure out how to do that within Atmosphere. I was able to 'install' a game through Tinfoil, but now my SD card is running out of space.

1) Is there a way to load an XCI as a game cartridge within Atmosphere?
2) My SD card is exFAT since many XCI files are 7gb or 15gb. Is it a big deal to use exFAT?

I'm buying a new 512gb SD card and planning to set it up with Atmosphere only, hidden partition for emuMMC, etc from scratch.
  1. No, Atmosphere does not support mounting .XCI files. The only way to use .XCI files with Atmosphere is by installing them
  2. Yes because exFAT can corrupt your SD card. Format it to FAT32 if you want to avoid corruption
Any Issues trying to do FW 12.0.2? Still the same Process as before with the way to Update with the Ch....... App? What does not work in FW 12? EdiZon work?

There was a Page talking about Patches or Keys, but that Page is now gone. Was on this Site, "Hey I heard you guys needed some sweet Patches....."
There are a couple of homebrew applications that do not work on firmware 12.X but I do not recall them. As for the patches, there is a pinned thread on this subforum where you can find them

It is possible that your firmware is too low. You can try updating to the highest firmware SX OS supports which is 11.0

If I have ipatched NSW on firmware 4.1.0 and used the latest Atmosphere 19.4. Does that mean I have fully up to date system or I still need to download latest update for NSW? And if I need to update the OS on NSW do I just download it? How does the update process work? (Unless my switch suppose to show 4.1.0|A.M.S. 19.4 and this is it?)
If you update your console, you will no longer be able to use Atmosphere without a modchip. Setup an emuMMC and update that instead of updating your console. You can use Hekate to setup an emuMMC for you. Once you have setup emuMMC, you can update the firmware either by online or with the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default.

Reactions: Smoker1

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, this is the guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/ I followed a few years ago. I've got custom firmware 8.0.1 and autorcm and I get into my switch via tegra from usb from my computer.

I now want to upgrade to the latest firmware from sdsetup 11 something or other (with atmosphere .17 or whatever). But I'm not sure which steps from https://switch.homebrew.guide/ are redundant since I'm already on a custom firmware, and which steps I need to repeat regardless?

Can anyone help me? Is it just literally step1 and step2 from this page specifically https://switch.homebrew.guide/using...ng#step-2-installing-the-new-firmware-version

?And the rest of the instructions out there are redundant because I did them a couple years ago already? (As in I'm already setup for autorcm and I already have an eMMC backup... so those don't need to be touched?).

Or am I wrong and I need to restore my switch's setup entirely via my backup and start from scratch? (which seems way more complicated than it should be...)

edit: oh btw my current CFW doesn't include daybreak, because I used ChoiDujourNXv102 instead, because I did this a long time ago, so that does complicated how I follow the instructions a bit... since the current instructions say to use daybreak? but I guess.... my new set of files on my SD will include daybreak, so I guess that will be fine? Since the only part of my old setup that matters is my autoRCM? Right? Then once I'm in RCM mode I install the new CFW no problems. Although, this makes me think. It will nuke all my save games? Right? (I backed up my save files using edizone, whew).

Last edited by namad,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, this is the guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/ I followed a few years ago. I've got custom firmware 8.0.1 and autorcm and I get into my switch via tegra from usb from my computer.

I now want to upgrade to the latest firmware from sdsetup 11 something or other (with atmosphere .17 or whatever). But I'm not sure which steps from https://switch.homebrew.guide/ are redundant since I'm already on a custom firmware, and which steps I need to repeat regardless?

Can anyone help me? Is it just literally step1 and step2 from this page specifically https://switch.homebrew.guide/using...ng#step-2-installing-the-new-firmware-version

?And the rest of the instructions out there are redundant because I did them a couple years ago already? (As in I'm already setup for autorcm and I already have an eMMC backup... so those don't need to be touched?).

Or am I wrong and I need to restore my switch's setup entirely via my backup and start from scratch? (which seems way more complicated than it should be...)

edit: oh btw my current CFW doesn't include daybreak, because I used ChoiDujourNXv102 instead, because I did this a long time ago, so that does complicated how I follow the instructions a bit... since the current instructions say to use daybreak? but I guess.... my new set of files on my SD will include daybreak, so I guess that will be fine? Since the only part of my old setup that matters is my autoRCM? Right? Then once I'm in RCM mode I install the new CFW no problems. Although, this makes me think. It will nuke all my save games? Right? (I backed up my save files using edizone, whew).
You appear to have a few misunderstandings about CFW. First, CFW are just files on your SD card; CFW is never installed to the system. Therefore updating CFW is as simple as updating the files on your SD card. But when it comes to updating the files, it is better to remove the old files and folders first before placing the new ones because simply overwriting them won't remove outdated files/folders. Secondly, since CFW are just files on your SD card, it has no effect on save data which is stored within the console. Thirdly, and this is moreso for your own knowledge, your eMMC backup is in case your console gets bricked or has another issue that cannot be resolved by other means.

and what is haku33? I will do it because it's better than nothing
Haku33 is a homebrew program that artificially "cleans" the console but since it is done artificially, it is not foolproof. In fact, someone has already been banned after using it.

Reactions: namad

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You appear to have a few misunderstandings about CFW. First, CFW are just files on your SD card; CFW is never installed to the system. Therefore updating CFW is as simple as updating the files on your SD card. But when it comes to updating the files, it is better to remove the old files and folders first before placing the new ones because simply overwriting them won't remove outdated files/folders. Secondly, since CFW are just files on your SD card, it has no effect on save data which is stored within the console. Thirdly, and this is moreso for your own knowledge, your eMMC backup is in case your console gets bricked or has another issue that cannot be resolved by other means.

Haku33 is a homebrew program that artificially "cleans" the console but since it is done artificially, it is not foolproof. In fact, someone has already been banned after using it.

I thought it might be something like that, but, well, I can't just start using atmosphere 0.17 can I? Because the new game cart I buy will want firmware 11 rather than my current firmware 8. So alongside replacing my CFW files, I'll then use those updated CFW files to update my firmware (because I'll have included firmware 11 in the new set of files I place on the sdcard along with the new CFW files).

This is what is described on this page https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html So, from your reply, I think the answer is "yes". I do those two steps. It was foolish of me to think CFW needed installing, or that my saves needed backing up. I think I'm still a little confused because 3ds hacking worked very differently (and was much much harder for me to grok, switch hacking has been a breeze so far by comparison.)

Or are you saying there is some sort of even easier method of updating the firmware? I guess really nothing could be easier though than popping out my sdcard, deleting it's files, then putting the new files on it that I'm instructed to, and then putting it in and choosing daybreak, to daybreak-i-fy things for me.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it might be something like that, but, well, I can't just start using atmosphere 0.17 can I? Because the new game cart I buy will want firmware 11 rather than my current firmware 8. So alongside replacing my CFW files, I'll then use those updated CFW files to update my firmware (because I'll have included firmware 11 in the new set of files I place on the sdcard along with the new CFW files).

This is what is described on this page https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html So, from your reply, I think the answer is "yes". I do those two steps. It was foolish of me to think CFW needed installing, or that my saves needed backing up. I think I'm still a little confused because 3ds hacking worked very differently (and was much much harder for me to grok, switch hacking has been a breeze so far by comparison.)

Or are you saying there is some sort of even easier method of updating the firmware? I guess really nothing could be easier though than popping out my sdcard, deleting it's files, then putting the new files on it that I'm instructed to, and then putting it in and choosing daybreak, to daybreak-i-fy things for me.
Sorry, yes you can start the whole process from Atmosphere version 0.17 but there is not much reason to be on the latest version of CFW unless you are lazy. The other reason typically to update your CFW is to support higher firmware versions as older versions of CFW won't support the newer firmwares. As for your other question, the easiest way to update would be to go online but this puts your console at risk of being banned as it is hacked after all.

Reactions: namad

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, yes you can start the whole process from Atmosphere version 0.17 but there is not much reason to be on the latest version of CFW unless you are lazy. The other reason typically to update your CFW is to support higher firmware versions as older versions of CFW won't support the newer firmwares. As for your other question, the easiest way to update would be to go online but this puts your console at risk of being banned as it is hacked after all.

Oh yeah, this console has never once been online, I sort of thought that went without saying.

Drexl81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I really appreciate all the love and support on here. I REALLY need someone's help to get me over the final hurdle with my device. I've received pointers from people here and still am running into issues. This all happened after an update I didn't intend on. So device is currently 10.0.2 fw, atmosphere is 19. Games give an 'unable to start software' error. HBmenu is in Applet Mode so I can't use the R workaround to disable it. Wanted to do this as AIO gives Applet error when I try to update. I'm booting device through fusee primary. PLEASE, PLEASE someone give me a hand. I'm sure it's a simple fix and I've managed to get this far, from a point when it wasn't starting up at all.

Happy 4th to all the Americans on here

Drex

Fireword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hey guys tomorrow im buying an used switch XAW7001 that is safe to hack the seller said that its not hacked nor banned
so what should i be looking in the console before buying it? the price is kinda cheap and i dont wanna get ripped off

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I really appreciate all the love and support on here. I REALLY need someone's help to get me over the final hurdle with my device. I've received pointers from people here and still am running into issues. This all happened after an update I didn't intend on. So device is currently 10.0.2 fw, atmosphere is 19. Games give an 'unable to start software' error. HBmenu is in Applet Mode so I can't use the R workaround to disable it. Wanted to do this as AIO gives Applet error when I try to update. I'm booting device through fusee primary. PLEASE, PLEASE someone give me a hand. I'm sure it's a simple fix and I've managed to get this far, from a point when it wasn't starting up at all.

Happy 4th to all the Americans on here

Drex
It sounds like you are missing the patches that enable backup launching. You can download them from the pinned thread on this forum.

Hey guys tomorrow im buying an used switch XAW7001 that is safe to hack the seller said that its not hacked nor banned
so what should i be looking in the console before buying it? the price is kinda cheap and i dont wanna get ripped off
You should know that that is technically not enough information to guarantee that it can be hacked. That serial number falls into a grey area meaning it can be either patched or unpatched.

Fireword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
It sounds like you are missing the patches that enable backup launching. You can download them from the pinned thread on this forum.

You should know that that is technically not enough information to guarantee that it can be hacked. That serial number falls into a grey area meaning it can be either patched or unpatched.

The page said its safe to hack so i guess its okay isnt it?

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2021-07-04 a la(s) 20.23.32.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2021-07-04 a la(s) 20.23.32.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 105

Mitch91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Guys I need help, I can't boot into atmosphere or my official fw with my sx core

Attachments

• IMG_20210705_093642.jpg
    IMG_20210705_093642.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20210705_093558.jpg
    IMG_20210705_093558.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20210705_042559.jpg
    IMG_20210705_042559.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 119

Drexl81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks, tried that, still receiving the same error message. I genuinely feel this is something so simple, but my file system is not lining up. I really want to sort it as my beloved device has been sat for too long. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg