Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant Bootrom btw. If I was good at coding I would love to try the new updated way they jailbroken new 3ds xl console through the wifi expolit.

Nobody has found anything for the switch lite, and V2 motherboard switch, fusee gelee exploit was a bootrom level exploit, that got patched with the V1 patched unit. Like I said it is possible but the chance of it are small.

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a issue with PKHEX

I have managed to send and receive save data file between my 2 Switch

I have taken it to my patched Switch, booted up hekate and sysnand, and gone to Checkpoint and backed up save file. I've edited the file on my computer using PKHEX. I noticed the box are an old file save meaning the pokemon arent in the same order when I last saved it. So I saved the backup file. And went back to Checkpoint and did a restore.

I transferred the save file back to my original switch and checked the boxes and its still the same. Nothing has changed.

Can someone help again please

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a issue with PKHEX

I have managed to send and receive save data file between my 2 Switch

I have taken it to my patched Switch, booted up hekate and sysnand, and gone to Checkpoint and backed up save file. I've edited the file on my computer using PKHEX. I noticed the box are an old file save meaning the pokemon arent in the same order when I last saved it. So I saved the backup file. And went back to Checkpoint and did a restore.

I transferred the save file back to my original switch and checked the boxes and its still the same. Nothing has changed.

Can someone help again please

It is pretty simple, backup with checkpoint, open up save file with pkhex, do your edit, and then save, then put back the edit save and then reinject the edited save and load it up, not a good idea to transfer the save around, possibly going to get ban, you be fine if you do all your editing on one unit and play that unit completely offline.

Reactions: ThreeG

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It is pretty simple, backup with checkpoint, open up save file with pkhex, do your edit, and then save, then put back the edit save and then reinject the edited save and load it up, not a good idea to transfer the save around, possibly going to get ban, you be fine if you do all your editing on one unit and play that unit completely offline.

When i do the save on pkhex, do i save as main or backup? Maybe i did saved it as backup thata why it didn't work.

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then it is as I thought. When you create an emuMMC, what you are actually doing is creating a copy of your sysMMC and placing it on your SD card. Since you made the emuMMC before the transfer, it only coped what was in your sysMMC before the transfer. That also means any changes made to your sysMMC will not be reflected in emuMMC. Therefore in order to carry the save data over, you may have to remake the emuMMC again.

How do i create an emummc again?
Will i have to go to my sdcard to delete the first emummc?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i create an emummc again?
Will i have to go to my sdcard to delete the first emummc?
The same way you originally made one. And if your goal is to have the save data on your emuMMC, then keeping the first one doesn't serve you any purpose so might as well delete it to regain that space.

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The same way you originally made one. And if your goal is to have the save data on your emuMMC, then keeping the first one doesn't serve you any purpose so might as well delete it to regain that space.

This is a summary of what I've done

I have hacked my switch, injected hekate and did a backup nand and created emunand.

i wanted to receive save file from a different switch of mine. I was on 3MUMMC and I tried doing it and it wouldn't work.First of all, it asked me to go online and turn off airplane mode, and secondly i needed to have same nintendo user on both switches if i were to transfer save file. I had a different user logged in to my hacked switch.

i turned the switch off and turned it on as normal, without rcm, and created the same user, from the other switch, on the hacked switch. And i received the save file on the hacked switch, it went through, however it connected to nintendo. Then i turned it off and started hekate and launched emunand.

i was worried, my profile wasn't there and the game save wasn't there. You said emummc is a copy of my sysnand. And i created a new profile user after creating emummc.

after i created a new user on the switch, i should have created an emummc again instead of receiving save file and using checkpoint and transferring it over to another switch.

Because i was on sysnand and received save file from a different switch, i went on checkpoint and backed up a pokemon save file and edited it and restored it. Then i transferred it over to my other switch.

Will i have to do a restore of my nand and follow the step by step noob guide all over again?

Or should i create emummc again so this time my profile will be reflected on the emummc?

I've already connected to nintendo online by receiving save file and sending save file back to my original switch.

I did it once and i realised i might have messed up. I don't want to get blocked.

I hope you can help me out. I only used checkpoint to edit a pokemom sword save file and checkpoint is all i have in my album.

I hope you understand what i have done

Please help me mate if you can.

Thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a summary of what I've done

I have hacked my switch, injected hekate and did a backup nand and created emunand.

i wanted to receive save file from a different switch of mine. I was on 3MUMMC and I tried doing it and it wouldn't work.First of all, it asked me to go online and turn off airplane mode, and secondly i needed to have same nintendo user on both switches if i were to transfer save file. I had a different user logged in to my hacked switch.

i turned the switch off and turned it on as normal, without rcm, and created the same user, from the other switch, on the hacked switch. And i received the save file on the hacked switch, it went through, however it connected to nintendo. Then i turned it off and started hekate and launched emunand.

i was worried, my profile wasn't there and the game save wasn't there. You said emummc is a copy of my sysnand. And i created a new profile user after creating emummc.

after i created a new user on the switch, i should have created an emummc again instead of receiving save file and using checkpoint and transferring it over to another switch.

Because i was on sysnand and received save file from a different switch, i went on checkpoint and backed up a pokemon save file and edited it and restored it. Then i transferred it over to my other switch.

Will i have to do a restore of my nand and follow the step by step noob guide all over again?

Or should i create emummc again so this time my profile will be reflected on the emummc?

I've already connected to nintendo online by receiving save file and sending save file back to my original switch.

I did it once and i realised i might have messed up. I don't want to get blocked.

I hope you can help me out. I only used checkpoint to edit a pokemom sword save file and checkpoint is all i have in my album.

I hope you understand what i have done

Please help me mate if you can.

Thank you
All you need to do is make an emuMMC again. When the transfer didn't work in emuMMC and you turned the Switch on again normally, you were in sysMMC. And while I said emuMMC is a copy of sysMMC, that only applies when it is initially made. After that, sysMMC and emuMMC operate independently; changes made to one are not reflected in the other.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all Switch bans considered "Super-Bans" nowdays? And when you are banned, are you still able to update firmware OFW normally?

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One last thing.

When i did the step by step noob guide, it says i have launched atmosphere. But i didn't see atmosphere anywhere in the files. I downloaded all the files shown in the step by step. And injected hekate.

Tap ‘Launch > CFW (sysMMC)’

Hekate will now boot Atmosphere. Note that Atmosphere CFW

Am i missing something here?

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You misunderstand the concept of USB support. That is not a feature of CFW but rather of homebrew applications. Technically, it could have been implemented in homebrew applications as long as the author was aware of how to do it such as with libusbhsfs. To answer your question, there are homebrew applications that have gone out of their way to implement HDD support such as DZ and TinWoo installer.

Whatever happened to TinWoo installer?
Well with tinwoo I still can’t find way to install games over usb or usb HDD
Only over lan or internet which I don’t want and for some reason Luigi mansion won’t show up on my sd card is like hidden

Daroxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Based on that serial number, the console is not patched. There is something wrong with your setup.

Well I'm not sure if you are wrong here but according to

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Code:
Serials beginning with XAJ4:
Serials between XAJ40000000000 - XAJ40046000000 are safe to buy
Serials between XAJ40046000000 - XAJ40083000000 are possibly patched[/c0de]

On a 100% patched console is it even possible to get to rcm?

Last edited by Daroxx,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Code:

Yes, It's still possiblle to boot into RCM, however, it won't accept any of the homebrew community payloads (fusee, hekate lockpick etc) as they aren't signed, additionally, the bug itself was patched out, so now only signed payloads will work

dangopig

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Democratic Republic of the

Code:

If your serial is in the "possibly patched" region the only way to find out for sure is inject a payload. There was an overlap when both patched and unpatched consoles were manufactured at the same time, so for some consoles there's no way to tell until you try.

justdylan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I’ve been out of the switch scene for a while now.

I used SX OS a while back to install cfw on my unpatched Switch. I’m on 10.1 now and don’t really see the need the update rn.

I heard about the SX OS lawsuit but I want to stay on this cfw for as long as possible due to the simplicity and my fondness of XCIs.

My question is, is it possible for me to change to Atmosphere one day when I must? Would I just backup my saves with checkpoint then follow the atmosphere guide and format my SD card ? Thank you for your help, when this time comes I may need further help as I’m a noob

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I’ve been out of the switch scene for a while now.

I used SX OS a while back to install cfw on my unpatched Switch. I’m on 10.1 now and don’t really see the need the update rn.

I heard about the SX OS lawsuit but I want to stay on this cfw for as long as possible due to the simplicity and my fondness of XCIs.

My question is, is it possible for me to change to Atmosphere one day when I must? Would I just backup my saves with checkpoint then follow the atmosphere guide and format my SD card ? Thank you for your help, when this time comes I may need further help as I’m a noob
Going back and forth between SX OS and Atmosphere is easy, and you don't need to backup your save files to do it. The only substantive difference is you won't be able to run XCI files using Atmosphere.

Daroxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Yes, It's still possiblle to boot into RCM, however, it won't accept any of the homebrew community payloads (fusee, hekate lockpick etc) as they aren't signed, additionally, the bug itself was patched out, so now only signed payloads will work

If your serial is in the "possibly patched" region the only way to find out for sure is inject a payload. There was an overlap when both patched and unpatched consoles were manufactured at the same time, so for some consoles there's no way to tell until you try.

Yeah. I wrote that initially. Since the device screen stays black I didn't know if the error is on my side. But since I have done already 3 switches with the exact same seupt I was sure that ist is patched. Nonetheless I'm sure now that it is patched and will go on and find me another one.

aqulue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm on fw 10 on both my ofw and emunand, using sxos. I'm planning to update my ofw to latest fw because I want to download and play monster hunter rise from eshop. The question is can I still boot to my emunand and play xci if I update my ofw to the latest fw? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one