Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not been keeping up with switch stuff, is SX OS still the only cfw that can install .nsps from a usb stick? I know you can install over usb on others by connecting to pc, but is SX OS still the only one where you can just throw the .nsp on a usb stick and install it from there?

Thanks.
You misunderstand the concept of USB support. That is not a feature of CFW but rather of homebrew applications. Technically, it could have been implemented in homebrew applications as long as the author was aware of how to do it such as with libusbhsfs. To answer your question, there are homebrew applications that have gone out of their way to implement HDD support such as DZ and TinWoo installer.

I’m using tinfoil and SX installer I put nsp files on the SX card but some games are not installing and some can’t even see it.
MK base and update installed but all the DLC keep saying fake or garbage
Monster hunter rise nothing happened stuck on 0 mb.
Hyrule warrior calamity error nca
Luigi mansion won’t show up at all
Who want to be a million stuck 0mb
Whatever happened to TinWoo installer?

Reactions: Armadillo

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i try to install driver on settings > TegraRcmGUI it says APX device is missing. Do you want to install it now?

Do i go ahead and do that?

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It says RCM OK with green background!

I injected hekate v5.5.2 and the console tells me to enter date and time.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I get to the album section where checkpoint is?

Last edited by ThreeG,

Zer0Emblem083

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been awhile since I've messed with Switch Homebrew, but if I have a original switch running the latest Atomsphere and hasn't been banned yet on Nintendo servers because I blocked the DNS since I originally hacked it, is there any safe way now to play my switch games online?

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im stuck on
Accessing the Homebrew Menu
Homebrew installed by placing an NRO file into the /switch folder on your SD card can be launched through the Homebrew Menu.

I have a hbmenu.nro file on the sdcard but not in the switch folder. Inside the switch folder is Checkpoint folder and daybreak.nro.

Do I have to move or copy the hbmenu.nro to the switch folder?

Last edited by ThreeG,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's been awhile since I've messed with Switch Homebrew, but if I have a original switch running the latest Atomsphere and hasn't been banned yet on Nintendo servers because I blocked the DNS since I originally hacked it, is there any safe way now to play my switch games online?
Unless you have a clean eMMC backup, you cannot take a hacked console online otherwise you risk getting banned. I should also mention that blocking the DNS has the same effects as being banned.

Im stuck on
Accessing the Homebrew Menu
Homebrew installed by placing an NRO file into the /switch folder on your SD card can be launched through the Homebrew Menu.

I have a hbmenu.nro file on the sdcard but not in the switch folder. Inside the switch folder is Checkpoint folder and daybreak.nro.

Do I have to move or copy the hbmenu.nro to the switch folder?
The hbmenu.nro does not need to be moved otherwise it would've been mentioned in the guide.

Reactions: ThreeG

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, can I remove the jig from the right joycon spot? even after ive entered hekate and launched CFWsysMMC?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, can I remove the jig from the right joycon spot? even after ive entered hekate and launched CFWsysMMC?
The jig is only for entering RCM. Once you are in RCM or even in CFW, it doesn't serve any purpose. I should also advise you to enable AutoRCM so that you do not need to use the jig ever again. You can read up on the ins and outs of AutoRCM here.

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i tried to receive save data from my other switch.

i got this message when it asked me to turn plane mode off

a server communication error occured please try again later
error code: 2137-8007

ive entered the dns in the noobguide also

Im doing

Create an emuMMC

I got to
5. Select Next Step, Start and wait for it to finish

And it was backing stuff up, and suddenly i got a green/white line screen.

I held the power button on and turned it off, and booted back into hekate. Did it work or do i have to do it again?

Last edited by ThreeG,

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a switch where i want to transfer pokemon sword save data to unpatched switch. but when i try to click receive save data on the unpatched switch, i get the error a server communication error occurred please try again later error code: 2137-8007.

please can you help me

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i tried to receive save data from my other switch.

i got this message when it asked me to turn plane mode off

a server communication error occured please try again later
error code: 2137-8007

ive entered the dns in the noobguide also

Im doing

Create an emuMMC

I got to
5. Select Next Step, Start and wait for it to finish

And it was backing stuff up, and suddenly i got a green/white line screen.

I held the power button on and turned it off, and booted back into hekate. Did it work or do i have to do it again?
You can just check in Hekate to see if an emuMMC partition is detected/setup. Also as the site suggests, please refrain from double posting. If you need to say something else, simply edit your previous post.

i have a switch where i want to transfer pokemon sword save data to unpatched switch. but when i try to click receive save data on the unpatched switch, i get the error a server communication error occurred please try again later error code: 2137-8007.

please can you help me
You mentioned in your previous post that it asked you to disable Airplane Mode. Did you disable it?

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can just check in Hekate to see if an emuMMC partition is detected/setup. Also as the site suggests, please refrain from double posting. If you need to say something else, simply edit your previous post.

You mentioned in your previous post that it asked you to disable Airplane Mode. Did you disable it?

EDIT:

I have linked my nintendo account to my switch and was able to transfer and receive data file to my switch. However, when i enter hekate and launch emummc, my old user is only there and the new account ive just linked and received save data on isnt there. i exited emummc, and i started my switch as normal and save file and new account is there.

Is there a way i can launch the emummc and have that new user there so i can use checkpoint?

Last edited by ThreeG,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it wasnt connecting to the internet because airplane mode was on, so I turned it off. I deleted my internet connection and added it again and now it seems to have connected to the internet.

I have encountered problem, it says switch unable to find the console that will send save data. Im trying to transfer my save file from my patched switch to this switch. Do I have to have same nintendo user signed in?
According to the official Nintendo support page, having the exact same Nintendo Account would make the transfer impossible although it does state that a Nintendo Account is required on both consoles.

I have linked my nintendo account to my switch and was able to transfer and receive data file to my switch. However, when i enter hekate and launch emummc, my old user is only there and the new account ive just linked and received save data on isnt there. i exited emummc, and i started my switch as normal and save file and new account is there.

Is there a way i can launch the emummc and have that new user there so i can use checkpoint?
In advance, I hope this doesn't create a duplicate post...

Did you create the emuMMC before or after the transfer?

ThreeG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the official Nintendo support page, having the exact same Nintendo Account would make the transfer impossible although it does state that a Nintendo Account is required on both consoles.

In advance, I hope this doesn't create a duplicate post...

Did you create the emuMMC before or after the transfer?

I created emuMMC before the transfer.

Last edited by ThreeG,

Coldtrain6989XD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any attempted to try to softmod the lite console yet? I'm curious because it may be an updated "Mariko" console with a different GPU but even Nintendo knows any game console manufacture that even tries to change the Graphic cards where the unsigned Arbriturary code is handle in the bottom that there is always a way to exploit a console many ways. I'm not backing down from a challenge.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has any attempted to try to softmod the lite console yet? I'm curious because it may be an updated "Mariko" console with a different GPU but even Nintendo knows any game console manufacture that even tries to change the Graphic cards where the unsigned Arbriturary code is handle in the bottom that there is always a way to exploit a console many ways. I'm not backing down from a challenge.

So far you still need to install a SX Lite if you want CFW on the Switch lite, it could be possible to softmod, but no one has gotten one to work yet.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created emuMMC before the transfer.
Then it is as I thought. When you create an emuMMC, what you are actually doing is creating a copy of your sysMMC and placing it on your SD card. Since you made the emuMMC before the transfer, it only coped what was in your sysMMC before the transfer. That also means any changes made to your sysMMC will not be reflected in emuMMC. Therefore in order to carry the save data over, you may have to remake the emuMMC again.

Are there any applications to check if a switch rom is corrupted or edited? My last switch bricked because of a corrupted switch rom.
Consoles being bricked due to games is limited to Let's Go Pikachu and another extremely obscure game so unless you ran one of those titles, I highly doubt your console was actually bricked. To answer your question, as long as you have an eMMC backup, you can recover from all software-based bricks. To add on, as long as you are getting games from a legitimate source, you have nothing to worry about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou