Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

DarkerForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an unopened switch (Mario odessy bundle) so I think it has ofw 2-3 on it. Looking to use install & use SX pro. Should I update to OFW 11.01 (compatible with latest sx os) officially online and then setup sx os(dump sysnand, set up emunand etc..). or it is recommended to update offline with other methods? Not sure about this first step given the switch is an unpatched & unused console(never been opened).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unopened switch (Mario odessy bundle) so I think it has ofw 2-3 on it. Looking to use install & use SX pro. Should I update to OFW 11.01 (compatible with latest sx os) officially online and then setup sx os(dump sysnand, set up emunand etc..). or it is recommended to update offline with other methods? Not sure about this first step given the switch is an unpatched & unused console(never been opened).

SX OS only support up to 11.0.0 right now, no support for 11.0.1, if you want to have a clean Sysnand you and play online then you would have to update that sysnand via Nintendo server. I think what best for you right is to make a NAND backup of whatever firmware your sysnand is on and create an Emunand and update to 10.2.0 instead, 11.0.x is still fairly new.

AntonyB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
11.0.1 is definitely not the best fimware; in fact, it is probably one of the worst firmware versions to be on right now due to its how unstable it is. A good rule of thumb is to always avoid the latest firmware as that usually has the most issues with CFW & homebrew. The best firmware would be the one right before 11.0. Outside of that, you have the general process in updating correct. Just make sure you are not updating to any 11.X firmware and follow the steps you outlined yourself.

Thanks for your continued help, i'll be sure to stay on 10.x then.

Reactions: Draxzelex

DarkerForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SX OS only support up to 11.0.0 right now, no support for 11.0.1, if you want to have a clean Sysnand you and play online then you would have to update that sysnand via Nintendo server. I think what best for you right is to make a NAND backup of whatever firmware your sysnand is on and create an Emunand and update to 10.2.0 instead, 11.0.x is still fairly new.

thank you, & sorry I meant 11.0. How is is possible to make a 'clean' sysnand backup when setting up/installing SX Pro/OS first? I'm thinking the following two options are my ways forward?

Option 1:

Update to OFW 10.2.0 or 11.0 via Nintendo servers
-Install SX Pro/OS
-Backup sysnand (this would be a sysnand with OFW 10.2/11.0.)
-Create emunand(not sure which firmware version this uses/creates?)
-Update emunand to 10.2.0 (with ChoiDujourNX?)
-Install apps/games(for offline play)

Option 2

-Install SX Pro/OS
-Backup sysnand (this would be a sysnand with OFW 3.)
-Create emunand (not sure which firmware version this uses/creates?)

Sorry for the q's, trying to unpick switch modding after a long time away from the scene....

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you, & sorry I meant 11.0. How is is possible to make a 'clean' sysnand backup when setting up/installing SX Pro/OS first? I'm thinking the following two options are my ways forward?

Option 1:

Update to OFW 10.2.0 or 11.0 via Nintendo servers
-Install SX Pro/OS
-Backup sysnand (this would be a sysnand with OFW 10.2/11.0.)
-Create emunand(not sure which firmware version this uses/creates?)

Option 2

-Install SX Pro/OS
-Backup sysnand (this would be a sysnand with OFW 3.)
-Create emunand (not sure which firmware version this uses/creates?)

Sorry for the q's, trying to unpick switch modding after a long time away from the scene....

Well you update keep your sysnand away from CFW, when you load up SX OS menu you create an emunand, and do all your CFW work there, if you want to play online one one NAND and do all your homebrew stuffs on the next.

Knight400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to buy a sx os license or anything of that sort plz get back to me.. I'm just looking to have more control of the 3 games i love to play when i have time.. thank you..

narcisoans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello everybody. This is my first post: I got a Switch lite with SXOS. I installed some games and cheats, but every time I open the game, it asks me to update. However when I try, I get an error message. Researching a little they told me that through TINFOIL I would be able to download and install the DLC and patches, but I'm not getting it right. Can someone help me?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking to buy a sx os license or anything of that sort plz get back to me.. I'm just looking to have more control of the 3 games i love to play when i have time.. thank you..
Just use Atmosphere instead. Its free and pretty much gives you access to the same features.

Hello everybody. This is my first post: I got a Switch lite with SXOS. I installed some games and cheats, but every time I open the game, it asks me to update. However when I try, I get an error message. Researching a little they told me that through TINFOIL I would be able to download and install the DLC and patches, but I'm not getting it right. Can someone help me?
No you have to find and download the updates in .NSP format then install them to your Switch. I recommend installing them with Awoo Installer.

lbruckus562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, been a while since I’ve posted.
I recently set up cfw on my switch running atmosphere through emummc.

Everything is working fine, but I’m curious if there is a way to disable incognito so I can update nba2k21 rosters. I don’t ever play online, but I do have many .nsp’s downloaded.
The game has been updated through tinfoil but the rosters I believe are only updated through the nba2k servers which I can’t access with incognito set up.

Would love to update the rosters because without them updated the game is essentially 2k20

max8x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi everyone. I have a jailbroken switch that I only used to play offline but now I want to play some paid games online (I will buy them legit). I had never conected the console to the internet and I'm using emunand with SX OS pro. Also, I haven't burnt any efuses yet, I followed guides to avoid that installing updates through ChoiDujourNX and using AutoRCM. My emunand is right now at 11 Firmware but I don't know what Firmware has my Sysnand (I always avoid to use Sysnand and I don't know if firmware updates through emunand updates Sysnand too). The questions I have before going online for the first time are:
is there a way to see if my sysnand is complete clean of CFW traces? What shall I do in my situation, before going online, to reduce the risk of a ban?. I was thinking that maybe all I have to do (correct me please if I'm wrong) is turn off AutoRcm, take off my sdcard (where emunand is installed), run sysnand, let efuses burn, install the last OFW through nintendo servers and start playing online with my paid games, but I'm not sure.

Thanks In advance for the answers.

Cheers :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, been a while since I’ve posted.
I recently set up cfw on my switch running atmosphere through emummc.

Everything is working fine, but I’m curious if there is a way to disable incognito so I can update nba2k21 rosters. I don’t ever play online, but I do have many .nsp’s downloaded.
The game has been updated through tinfoil but the rosters I believe are only updated through the nba2k servers which I can’t access with incognito set up.

Would love to update the rosters because without them updated the game is essentially 2k20
While you can, that would get you banned which may prevent you from further downloading any other rosters.

fatpig11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself can help me. I'm on the train of people that updated to 11.0.1 thinking it was 11.0.0. (using latest version of SX OS) However unlike others, my switch seems to be completely bricked. Can't boot OFW, nor can I boot a fresh SD card with only Atmosphere on it. Would anyone know how I can go about fixing it? I was hoping to downgrade FW but because I can't even turn the thing on I can't do it :-/

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
will powering off my Switch install the latest firmware update that keeps nagging me every time I wake the console? I’ve kept avoiding turning it off so I wouldn’t have to also update atmos yet, just in case

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself can help me. I'm on the train of people that updated to 11.0.1 thinking it was 11.0.0. (using latest version of SX OS) However unlike others, my switch seems to be completely bricked. Can't boot OFW, nor can I boot a fresh SD card with only Atmosphere on it. Would anyone know how I can go about fixing it? I was hoping to downgrade FW but because I can't even turn the thing on I can't do it :-/
How is the SD card formatted? And do you have any themes?

will powering off my Switch install the latest firmware update that keeps nagging me every time I wake the console? I’ve kept avoiding turning it off so I wouldn’t have to also update atmos yet, just in case
The Switch will never install a firmware update automatically.

Reactions: iepuras

fatpig11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How is the SD card formatted? And do you have any themes?

The original SD is exFAT if that's what you meant? Otherwise just formatted for use with SX OS.

The secondary I've tried is also exFAT - and is formatted for use with Atmosphere.

No themes at all, or any other brew other than checkpoint.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original SD is exFAT if that's what you meant? Otherwise just formatted for use with SX OS.

The secondary I've tried is also exFAT - and is formatted for use with Atmosphere.

No themes at all, or any other brew other than checkpoint.
Format the SD card to FAT32 as that is likely your issue. You shouldn't be using exFAT in the first place as it can corrupt your SD card.

fatpig11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Format the SD card to FAT32 as that is likely your issue. You shouldn't be using exFAT in the first place as it can corrupt your SD card.

Oh really? I couldn't use FAT32 because of the file size issue. Most NSPs are well over 4gb. I'll give it a try anyway to see if it fixes the boot issue though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer. +1