Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Kalmardezze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The updated bootloader folder comes with Hekate when you download it. And did you even setup emuMMC in the first place?

I bought the Switch via facebook and it was already jailbreaked. The only thing I did was updating it to 11.0.0 and upgrading the SD from 64GB to 125GB. Can I setup the emuMMC afterwards?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eXhumer/patches (github)
I don't trust those patches. Grab the latest patches from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-secondary-only.571543/

I bought the Switch via facebook and it was already jailbreaked. The only thing I did was updating it to 11.0.0 and upgrading the SD from 64GB to 125GB. Can I setup the emuMMC afterwards?
I mean you shouldn't have updated to 11.0 because its currently unstable for CFW and homebrew but oh well, you can still setup emuMMC.

Reactions: schatzi123

Kalmardezze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Kalmardezze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Backing up the eMMC just backs up the eMMC (notice it is also missing the emu prefix).
I think I know the problem now. The last owner created an emuMMC on the 64GB SD card. When I got my 125GB and put it in, the emuMMC was gone. I don't got any space to create a new one on this card...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know the problem now. The last owner created an emuMMC on the 64GB SD card. When I got my 125GB and put it in, the emuMMC was gone. I don't got any space to create a new one on this card...
Well unless you play online or plan on downgrading, you don't need emuMMC.

I used fusee-primary only, not hekate fusee secondary
Despite the title, the thread I linked contains patches for both.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to installing nsps from Goldleaf. Ive gotten everything working at the very end when installing via Virt drive through Goldleaf/usbloader. Its just when I attempt to install from Goldleaf after successfully uploading via usbloader, I get errors saying stuff about the NCA maybe need a sig patch or something?

Not sure anything at all about signature patches.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it comes to installing nsps from Goldleaf. Ive gotten everything working at the very end when installing via Virt drive through Goldleaf/usbloader. Its just when I attempt to install from Goldleaf after successfully uploading via usbloader, I get errors saying stuff about the NCA maybe need a sig patch or something?

Not sure anything at all about signature patches.
Well if you don't have them already, grab them from here.

nyanpass5689

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I owned a hardmod sx core, banned v2 switch and my current firnware is 10.2.0. How do I update my system firmware to 11.0? I saw there is a system update option in tinfoil previously but now it's gone. Thank you.

monaug5

Trophies
Website
www.infiniteworkers.co.uk
XP
Country
I updated my switch to firmware 10.2.0 and I put a new boot.dat onto the root of my SD card. I then switched off my switch. Now when I have the jig and dongle in place and try to boot into SXOS the light on the dongle goes green then blue then the screen flashes briefly then black screen.
When I then charge it and ensure it is switched off I and try to boot again I get the boot.dat error?
My currently SX is 3.0.5 beta
What can I do to fix this issue?
My sd card is currently formatted to Fat32

osprey88

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bizarre thing happened. Updated emunand into fat32 instead of exfat by mistake, reformatted the SD into fat32 and tried to move the CF files there, but one of the files in the eMMC folder is over 4gb in size, the files just have 00, 01 names. (same folder where the BOOT0 and BOOT1 are). Not sure how to proceed from here on.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I owned a hardmod sx core, banned v2 switch and my current firnware is 10.2.0. How do I update my system firmware to 11.0? I saw there is a system update option in tinfoil previously but now it's gone. Thank you.
You can either take the risk in getting banned and update online or use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware offline (note: using ChoiDujourNX will still require you to download the firmware files elsewhere).

A bizarre thing happened. Updated emunand into fat32 instead of exfat by mistake, reformatted the SD into fat32 and tried to move the CF files there, but one of the files in the eMMC folder is over 4gb in size, the files just have 00, 01 names. (same folder where the BOOT0 and BOOT1 are). Not sure how to proceed from here on.
The file seems like its your eMMC backup which you do not need to keep on your SD card.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive finally been able to download and play a Switch game on emuMMC after updating to latest atmosphere/sigpatches. Thanks to AIOupdater for that one. So im very happy someone as dumb as me has made it this far. All thanks to yalls advice

But just a couple questions.

1. Since the game is on the emuMMC. Im guessing I cant have it cloned to the sysMMC? Would be really nice not having to go into RCM mode every single time, to then inject a payload every single time, to play a game. But if not I understand

2. Am I able to use a emuMMC games online functionality? I have the 90DNS installed, but dont know if I still should go online or not.

Thanks again

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive finally been able to download and play a Switch game on emuMMC after updating to latest atmosphere/sigpatches. Thanks to AIOupdater for that one. So im very happy someone as dumb as me has made it this far. All thanks to yalls advice

But just a couple questions.

1. Since the game is on the emuMMC. Im guessing I cant have it cloned to the sysMMC? Would be really nice not having to go into RCM mode every single time, to then inject a payload every single time, to play a game. But if not I understand

2. Am I able to use a emuMMC games online functionality? I have the 90DNS installed, but dont know if I still should go online or not.

Thanks again

1. Get an unpatched unit, install a modchip along with autoboot if you don't want to inject a payload with a computer or dongle.

2. With a clean NAND only, no NSP backup if you go online with pirated content will get ban.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Get an unpatched unit, install a modchip along with autoboot if you don't want to inject a payload with a computer or dongle.

2. With a clean NAND only, no NSP backup if you go online with pirated content will get ban.

Understood on the first part. But for the 2nd question, when you say a clean NAND only. Im assuming this means with a clean sysNAND? Not the Emu version? Also if so, does it matter if i go online with sysNAND or emuNAND? Does it matter if I go online with a game I already own versus a game that I pirate?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood on the first part. But for the 2nd question, when you say a clean NAND only. Im assuming this means with a clean sysNAND? Not the Emu version? Also if so, does it matter if i go online with sysNAND or emuNAND? Does it matter if I go online with a game I already own versus a game that I pirate?

You can go online with a clean Emunand basically like a freshly created from a clean Sysnand, that you have install no backup yet, going online with a NSP will get you banned.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my unpatched Switch all setup with Atmosphere via RCM. I only did this so that I could dump 2 games I have on cartridge so I can play them without having to carry them with me. I noticed that all my games were showing like usual when booting up but they all showed that I had to download them again. Ofc in sysMMC they show installed and playable like normal.

If I move the Nintendo folder from X:\ over to X:\emuMMC\RAW1\Nintendo, will this allow me to boot up into Atmosphere and continue to play all my eShop games and these 2 games (after I figure out how to dump them)? This is all I want to do with my system and I never power it down so unless I forget to charge it, I should never have to boot up via RCM again... right?

Lavaimp

☆ミ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for some assistance. Unfortunately have not been able to succeed with modding my switch even though:
- it is a model that wasn't patched
- i worry that it's not possible because the console is up to date
(The two items i tried to get the boot mode to load to install firmware didn't work, leading to me giving up for awhile sadly)

I thought that the jig that I got would work, but I couldn't seem to get it to properly load the switch in recovery mode.
I don't know if the two I tried were just faulty, or if it's just the fact my system is currently up to date.

I'm a bit dense, so if i'm just completely looking over the obvious answer I am sorry. I mostly just want to either backup my ACNH save or at least change the name of my island.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work