Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys. I was able to update to 10.0.2.0 with Daybreak, but now I have a problem though, I cant boot into CFW Atmosphere. It says failed to apply nosigchk and I also got the failed to launch HOS. What can I do? Help appreciated...
how are you launching it? Hekate or Fusee-Primary?

Each bootloader has its own separate sigptches

Lucaspec72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How is your SD card formatted?
It's FAT32. also the custom themes still seem to work so it's strange that games don't work. i've seen that it either doesn't do anything at all and it loads as if there wasn't anything in the layeredfs folder for the game or for some games (botw's a example) it fails to launch the game and shows a error message (switch error message, not sxos)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's FAT32. also the custom themes still seem to work so it's strange that games don't work. i've seen that it either doesn't do anything at all and it loads as if there wasn't anything in the layeredfs folder for the game or for some games (botw's a example) it fails to launch the game and shows a error message (switch error message, not sxos)

checked archive bits?

also what error message?

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got a $50 gift card so I guess it’s time to go online with the switch. A few things tho. I’ve always been on emuMMC
1. How do I check if I’m banned
2. Can I use the gift card to purchase the online membership? If so how? Just redeem it and when I go pay for membership it’ll use that money and not PayPal?
3. My sysnand is still on 9.0

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I just got a $50 gift card so I guess it’s time to go online with the switch. A few things tho. I’ve always been on emuMMC
1. How do I check if I’m banned
2. Can I use the gift card to purchase the online membership? If so how? Just redeem it and when I go pay for membership it’ll use that money and not PayPal?
3. My sysnand is still on 9.0

I'm not really a switch expert, but I believe you'll get an error code if you're banned.
I'm not sure about the membership. I found this:
20201004_223047_HDR.jpg

it suggests there's a different card for memberships. when I click on it, it calls it the nintendo switch online card. I'm not sure if it can take money from an eshop card or not. I have mine setup with paypal so automatic renewal might be a problem with an eshop card unless you never buy anything.
you'll probably have to update sysnand. I wouldn't dare go on it with a nand that's been tampered with especially if you have a card or plan to spend money.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really a switch expert, but I believe you'll get an error code if you're banned.
I'm not sure about the membership. I found this:
View attachment 227168
it suggests there's a different card for memberships. when I click on it, it calls it the nintendo switch online card. I'm not sure if it can take money from an eshop card or not. I have mine setup with paypal so automatic renewal might be a problem with an eshop card unless you never buy anything.
you'll probably have to update sysnand. I wouldn't dare go on it with a nand that's been tampered with especially if you have a card or plan to spend money.
Thanks but I e always been on emuMMC so my sysnand should be clean. And nah I just got an eShop gift card not an online gift card. So I guess I can’t use it to buy online huh?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. it makes it sound like it's a different card, but I think the number of characters is the same or close to it. you might try it or just enter the card in the normal place at the bottom, then see if you can sign up. since I'm already signed up, I can't check or don't know if there's a way. my subscription will renew on the 29th of this month. funny thing is that I've yet to play a game online, and I've had nso for two years. I have about 60 hours in snes stuff having beaten mario world (not 100%), breath of fire, and maybe a couple other games. my main reason for having it is cloud saving though. my first switch got a power surge, so I lost everything (luckily it was still under warranty). nintendo told me the issue was that the nand had gotten corrupted. this was one month into nso, so now I take that precaution always. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, I read some of the fine print on the eshop just now, and it didn't mention another card being needed. I didn't read everything. you might look at that back of that card to see if it does or doesn't include nso.

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few things I would like to install. I downloaded NX Game Info and got the title keys working, then updated in order to make sure they were safe to install. In NX Game Info all the base programs and updates say "Safe" under Permission. Under Structure some say "CDN" and some say "Converted". Under Signature all of the ones that are CDN say "Passed", and all the ones that say Converted say "Not Passed". Is it ok to install the not passed ones or should I look for better copies?

I found some of the Converted from a source calling himself Sineater's , reliable?

Thanks for the help.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure they're safe, yes. the safe/dangerous thing is what you need to look for. that's reading if the game(s) have more privileges than they should. I don't know what the signature passed/not passed means exactly. it might be the fact that' it's converted. that's any nsp or xci that's been converted to the other. sometimes they don't pass in nsp verify. another reason they won't pass is if the system version has been modified to work on lower firmware. if you get your games from the dark site, they do that with a lot of games, so it's a false positive.

Reactions: ICUDude

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to make sure
Switch 2017 version is really easier to exploit? No need to pin in joycons like 2019 revision, right? (i see a video where the guy hack switch 2017 just by putting some files on SD, and obviuosly at right firmware)

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Just to make sure
Switch 2017 version is really easier to exploit? No need to pin in joycons like 2019 revision, right? (i see a video where the guy hack switch 2017 just by putting some files on SD, and obviuosly at right firmware)
As far as I know, all switches produced in 2017 are unpatched for fusee-glee exploit and these switches can be soft modded. The switches which are patched are only hackable with SX CORE/ Lite. So we can consider unpatched ones are easier to hack.
To hack unpatched switches you need "rcm jig" which pins joycon. Follow this guide for it: https://switch.homebrew.guide

Last edited by GCS,

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hy, i just updated to AMS 0.14.4 (+ new Sigpatches) and i cant find any info on what Firmware i can safely update to with Choi, since im still on 9.1.0.
I appreciate any help.
Cheers

Last edited by DieHardjagged,

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hy, i just updated to AMS 0.14.4 (+ new Sigpatches) and i cant find any info on what Firmware i can safely update to with Choi, since im still on 9.1.0.
I appreciate any help.
Cheers
For SysNAND, you can update with official method, if you cannot update with official method then make sure that you have a NAND backup and update with Daybreak (comes pre-installed on atmosphere).
For emuNAND update with Daybreak.
You can update to 10.1 for now until most hb titles are compatible with 10.2. But you won't be able to choose which fw to update with official method.

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know, all switches produced in 2017 are unpatched for fusee-glee exploit and these switches can be soft modded. The switches which are patched are only hackable with SX CORE/ Lite. So we can consider unpatched ones are easier to hack.
To hack unpatched switches you need "rcm jig" which pins joycon. Follow this guide for it: https://switch.homebrew.guide
So, even if "soft-moddable" require some jig to pins.
Theres really nothing safer to do? Im looking to buy a Switch, but i dont want to get risky and burn a new console...

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For SysNAND, you can update with official method, if you cannot update with official method then make sure that you have a NAND backup and update with Daybreak (comes pre-installed on atmosphere).
For emuNAND update with Daybreak.
You can update to 10.1 for now until most hb titles are compatible with 10.2. But you won't be able to choose which fw to update with official method.

I still have my original 6.2.0 NAND Backup in case it somehow fucks up during an update.
Since i have no EmuNAND i will just use Choi as always, but thanks for answering, at least i know now that i can update to 10.1 now.
Cheers

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
So, even if "soft-moddable" require some jig to pins.
Theres really nothing safer to do? Im looking to buy a Switch, but i dont want to get risky and burn a new console...
There isn't another exploit (except if your fw is 4.1 or lower) at the moment. And if you buy a proper priced jig, it's most probably will be safe.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still have my original 6.2.0 NAND Backup in case it somehow fucks up during an update.
Since i have no EmuNAND i will just use Choi as always, but thanks for answering, at least i know now that i can update to 10.1 now.
Cheers
It would be better if you use Daybreak, it's already installed on your system. And i highly recommend you to create an emunand and run cfw from there.

Reactions: DieHardjagged

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be better if you use Daybreak, it's already installed on your system. And i highly recommend you to create an emunand and run cfw from there.

Creating the Emu nand worked (since i see it as AMS 0.14.4|E) so i assume i can safely update it now.
(Given i try it via Daybreak)
Thanks again for the help.
Cheers

Edit: Updating to 10.1.0 worked flawless on the Emu Nand.

Last edited by DieHardjagged,
Reactions: laz305 and GCS

Lucaspec72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
checked archive bits?

also what error message?

Archive bits ? idk haven't really touched layeredfs in quite a long while

i'm just getting the default error message when a title can't load, something like "the game couldn't be loaded" or something my switch is not in english but it should be something along those lines.

Also i don't think that's a issue but i'm trying to use the mod manager homebrew app since before my mods were all over the place and it was a pain to manage which are loaded or not, i've of couse set it to /sxos/ path but maybe this is outdated or something ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI