Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dracosson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I worry about updating to atmosphere 13? I'm ofw 9.01 and ams .10.5,

I'm going to be offline for awhile loosing internet in a few days and I know this ams release just came out. It's been awhile since I updated wondered if any major improvements or just leave it.
Looks like it updates some system stuff so might break other things from my glance at the notes.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I worry about updating to atmosphere 13? I'm ofw 9.01 and ams .10.5,

I'm going to be offline for awhile loosing internet in a few days and I know this ams release just came out. It's been awhile since I updated wondered if any major improvements or just leave it.
Looks like it updates some system stuff so might break other things from my glance at the notes.
The only important change is fusee launching file based emuMMC with similar speeds compared to partition based. Since there isn't much reason to use file based emuMMC in the first place, this update is largely irrelevant to the end user.

cruisey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using TegraRcmGUI says successfully injected with the following:

Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0002 byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected

However my switch stays black screen and doesn't boot into Hekate or fusee. what am I doing wrong?

Switch FW 10.4
checked my serial on ismyswitch patched = unpatched
tried injecting Hekate payload & fusee with same result
merged latest sigpatches to atmosphere folder.
reformatted sd card from exfat to FAT32 still no change.

Last edited by cruisey,

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
So I just made an emunand on my switch and im wondering, is there any way to free up space? It's a 64gb card but I only had roughly 32gb after all of it.
The way I imagine it's working is that the one 32gb partition on the SD card is a copy of the system memory, and the second partition is like an SD card, so I'm wondering: can I delete games in emunand to free up space? And if I delete them from my emunand, it shouldn't effect my actual onboard system memory, right?
I just want to be sure that I can remove files and such without repercussion before I go and delete something and it messes with my sysnand lol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using TegraRcmGUI says successfully injected with the following:

Smashing the stack!
Smashed the stack with a 0x0002 byte SETUP request!
Payload successfully injected

However my switch stays black screen and doesn't boot into Hekate or fusee. what am I doing wrong?

Switch FW 10.4
checked my serial on ismyswitch patched = unpatched
tried injecting Hekate payload & fusee with same result
merged latest sigpatches to atmosphere folder.
reformatted sd card from exfat to FAT32 still no change.
The good news is that your console is most likely not patched since getting anything but a 0x0000 byte request means it is patched. Try using other USB cables, ports, or devices to send the payload.

So I just made an emunand on my switch and im wondering, is there any way to free up space? It's a 64gb card but I only had roughly 32gb after all of it.
The way I imagine it's working is that the one 32gb partition on the SD card is a copy of the system memory, and the second partition is like an SD card, so I'm wondering: can I delete games in emunand to free up space? And if I delete them from my emunand, it shouldn't effect my actual onboard system memory, right?
I just want to be sure that I can remove files and such without repercussion before I go and delete something and it messes with my sysnand lol
Your question is a bit vague. Deleting games may or may not free up space. If they are installed to the internal memory regardless if it is sysMMC or emuMMC will not clear up space. Deleting any games installed to the SD card will free up space however.

cruisey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm using USB-C to USB-C and have tried USB-A to USB-C on Brand new Macbook Pro, Using parallels w windows 10.
received the switch today and tried all day, hope someone has a solution its my bday tomorrow just tryna play something

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
The good news is that your console is most likely not patched since getting anything but a 0x0000 byte request means it is patched. Try using other USB cables, ports, or devices to send the payload.

Your question is a bit vague. Deleting games may or may not free up space. If they are installed to the internal memory regardless if it is sysMMC or emuMMC will not clear up space. Deleting any games installed to the SD card will free up space however.
I was under the assumption that when in emuNAND you're not actually accessing the system memory at all, and that it was emulated on the sd card as well?
I just have a bunch of games that show up as archived, I figured that was because when it cloned the nand onto my sd it grabbed whatever the nand looked like, but now that i was in emunand, any changes i made to "system" or "sd" storage would effect the corresponding partition on the SD card, and it wouldn't touch the system nand.

Again, not sure if that wording makes it complicated, but more or less, I was under the impression the system storage accessed without CFW is actual system storage, and "system storage" in CFW is a partition on my CFW SD card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using USB-C to USB-C and have tried USB-A to USB-C on Brand new Macbook Pro, Using parallels w windows 10.
received the switch today and tried all day, hope someone has a solution its my bday tomorrow just tryna play something
I believe your issue stems from using parallels. Use a payload launcher that is natively supported by MacOS such as Fusee instead of running TegraRCMSmash via Windows 10.

I was under the assumption that when in emuNAND you're not actually accessing the system memory at all, and that it was emulated on the sd card as well?
I just have a bunch of games that show up as archived, I figured that was because when it cloned the nand onto my sd it grabbed whatever the nand looked like, but now that i was in emunand, any changes i made to "system" or "sd" storage would effect the corresponding partition on the SD card, and it wouldn't touch the system nand.

Again, not sure if that wording makes it complicated, but more or less, I was under the impression the system storage accessed without CFW is actual system storage, and "system storage" in CFW is a partition on my CFW SD card.
emuMMC is a copy of your console's physical eMMC running on the SD card. Your eMMC is further divided into eMMC SYS and eMMC USER. eMMC SYS stores all important files and is rarely accessed by the end user. eMMC USER is the internal memory of your console. Therefore when emuMMC is created, it creates a copy of both eMMC SYS and USER. And if your emuMMC is a partition, then that partition is where eMMC SYS and USER are stored. In other words, the internal memory of an emuMMC partition is the partition itself. That is why 32 GB of your SD card is being taken up by the partition.

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
I believe your issue stems from using parallels. Use a payload launcher that is natively supported by MacOS such as Fusee instead of running TegraRCMSmash via Windows 10.

emuMMC is a copy of your console's physical eMMC running on the SD card. Your eMMC is further divided into eMMC SYS and eMMC USER. eMMC SYS stores all important files and is rarely accessed by the end user. eMMC USER is the internal memory of your console. Therefore when emuMMC is created, it creates a copy of both eMMC SYS and USER. And if your emuMMC is a partition, then that partition is where eMMC SYS and USER are stored. In other words, the internal memory of an emuMMC partition is the partition itself. That is why 32 GB of your SD card is being taken up by the partition.
Right, so if I'm in emuMMC and i said, deleted my super mario odyssey save that would delete it from the emuMMC copy of my eMMC USER, correct? And when I reboot to OFW, my SMO save would still be there because I'm accessing my actual eMMC?

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, another quick one... On SD formatting... So, when I got my used Switch, it had a SD card that was formatted to exFAT. It worked fine in my console. Everyone says use fat32, I would really prefer using something that has more than a 4gb limit.

Are there really problems using exFAT on a Switch ?

I know there is old posts, I was just wondering someone who is modding it today...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, another quick one... On SD formatting... So, when I got my used Switch, it had a SD card that was formatted to exFAT. It worked fine in my console. Everyone says use fat32, I would really prefer using something that has more than a 4gb limit.

Are there really problems using exFAT on a Switch ?

I know there is old posts, I was just wondering someone who is modding it today...
exFAT can corrupt your SD card while FAT32 cannot. Combine that with the fact that there are numerous workarounds for the 4 GB limit depending on the file and there is no reason to use exFAT on the Switch.

Reactions: DavidinCT

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exFAT can corrupt your SD card while FAT32 cannot. Combine that with the fact that there are numerous workarounds for the 4 GB limit depending on the file and there is no reason to use exFAT on the Switch.

Thanks, so what is the best way/preferred to break up XCI files to fit on FAT32 drives ? I have a few over 4gb that I want to try...

I've seen a bunch of options but, no clue on what one works the best...as I have heard problems with some ways they work.

cruisey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You're a legend, after a long process in terminal installing all dependancies, fusee launcher worked!

Despite having both payloads, I injected the Hekate payload and a splash appeared for second then atmosphere logo, and now I'm able to see the home-brew menu in album.
However I was wanting it to boot Hekate so I could create an emuNAND but it
didn't appear... I'm still on flight mode as I don't want to get banned, How can I create an emuNAND from here now?

Reactions: DavidinCT

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so what is the best way/preferred to break up XCI files to fit on FAT32 drives ? I have a few over 4gb that I want to try...

I've seen a bunch of options but, no clue on what one works the best...as I have heard problems with some ways they work.
Any .XCI file splitter will do.

You're a legend, after a long process in terminal installing all dependancies, fusee launcher worked!

Despite having both payloads, I injected the Hekate payload and a splash appeared for second then atmosphere logo, and now I'm able to see the home-brew menu in album.
However I was wanting it to boot Hekate so I could create an emuNAND but it
didn't appear... I'm still on flight mode as I don't want to get banned, How can I create an emuNAND from here now?
You have to navigate within Hekate's menu. I believe it is under Tools.

cruisey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

You have to navigate within Hekate's menu. I believe it is under Tools.
went into tools it doesn't show in there however it says installed under all apps, when i click into it via all apps only option I'm getting is to remove :(

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Done.... I am still learning.. I FINALLY got TINFOIL running...by using the Fusse_Atmosphere.bin payload..

I used XCI-Cutter to split up my larger XCI games... so this broke a 8gb file to xc0, xc1, etc for each game. I got into Tinfoil, select to install all, and it gives "No Installable files found", I tried 2-3 different installers, same thing..

So, how does one install split up games because they needed to use FAT32 ?

Is there a special app for installing these, even through YouTube I cant find a video that clearly says how to install these Xc0, Xc1 etc ?

At least today my JIG from ebay came in, it no longer takes me 45 min to get into RCM now, drop in and go, much, much better :)

Edit: After raddling around, searching the web, and Youtube, I figured this out. For people with this issue using NUT/Tinfoil and trying to connect via USB or over your network. Just dropping a xci file there will not show up.

The file needs to be named Game name [ game ID].xci for it show up.... for example "SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY [0100000000010000].xci"

Hope this helps someone...

Last edited by DavidinCT,

Safira

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is it possible to boot to Atmosphère from fusee-primary.bin on an ipatched unit.
Here is my setup,
1) I copy Atmosphère 0.13.0, hekate v5.3.0 and pegascape\caffeine.nsp to my SDcard
2) My EMUMMC is on 10.0.4
3) I boot to hekate via caffeine
4) Chose < Payload > then < fusee-primary.bin >
5) The Sept logo shows, then Atmosphère logo, then I am greeted with some hex print

Any suggestions?

(Booting via the this hekate config works fine:
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
)

Attachments

• fp.gif
    fp.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 167
Last edited by Safira,

Sevrei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it possible to boot to Atmosphère from fusee-primary.bin on an ipatched unit.
Here is my setup,
1) I copy Atmosphère 0.13.0, hekate v5.3.0 and pegascape\caffeine.nsp to my SDcard
2) My EMUMMC is on 10.0.4
3) I boot to hekate via caffeine
4) Chose < Payload > then < fusee-primary.bin >
5) The Sept logo shows, then Atmosphère logo, then I am greeted with some hex print

Any suggestions?

(Booting via the this hekate config works fine:
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
)

I had this issue too. In the end I stopped using fusee-primary.bin altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu +1