1. sothis

sothis Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    whenever i try to restore my save data through JKSV i get the error message "Error: Not enough free space to copy sdmc:/JKSV/PokemonShield/main". I know the save isnt corrupt and i get the same error whenever i try to restore other games. can anyone help?

edit: I know i have enough free space on my switch, so that isnt the problem. I dont want to lose 80 hours of game time :(

Last edited by sothis, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Cvijo

Cvijo Newbie
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    Is there any risk of changing the path in emuMMC.ini to point to my original Nintendo folder on the root of my microSD?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    How are you loading your homebrew applications?

How is your SD card formatted?

Not really no but it might make it more confusing to you if you don't install the same game in both emuMMC and sysMMC.

4. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm loading my homebrew applications by first doing Fake News Hack launching Pegaswitch and then either clicking on HbMenu or Caffeine and I'm then getting confirmed and pressing home and returning to the main menu; then trying to run Hbmenu in applet mode or holding R on a game results usually in a gray screen or occasionally 2011-0301 error this way if I remember correctly, or clicking on caffeine, then in the dialog, waiting 3 seconds and atmosphere...which I now believe replaced Hekate IPL when updating atmosphere in the homebrew store, unintentionally, then reboots and I try to enter the album, both with or w/o holding R, and a game always holding R and always get 2011-0301 error with Atmosphere.

My SD card is FAT32, I have not researched ExFAT possibilities on 3.0.0 or EmuNAND options so far.

5. kyrusdemnati

kyrusdemnati Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    i have kosmos/atmpshere on my switch

how do i install an .xci file easily?

please advise, i tried adding tinfoil.nro but it crashes system

thanks

6. Sparky076

Sparky076 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, got a question about banning and linked accounts.

I have a Switch that is clean as can be, and it is linked to my Nintendo account. All my games bought legally, connected online, all that stuff.

I have a second Switch in which I can hack. Both of them can be hacked honestly, but this second Switch I'm going to be using with the intention of using CFW and homebrew in emuMMC.

Is it safe to link my primary Nintendo account to the second Switch, in the sysNAND, as long as I keep all the "dirty" stuff in emuMMC?

Is there a chance that if my second Switch is caught, my main Nintendo account will be banned, or will it only be the console itself that will be banned if caught?

7. mcd123

mcd123 Member
    Newcomer

I have been looking at getting a switch with cfw of ebay. They all say they are banned online. I have not spent alot of time researching cfw on the switch so far but my main question is
    If u hack a switch are you banned from online or are they any ways to get cfw but also have online access?
    Thanks

8. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Is there no way to play the isle of armour as it wants to connect to the eshop.

9. BaamAlex

BaamAlex DINKELBERG!

Germany
    A ban is permanent and can't be fixed with cfw.

10. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    You can use some apps to prevent you from getting banned, hit me up on Discord @mokkori#1022

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Don't use Kosmos. It has been discontinued. Use Atmosphere, fusee-primary, and the latest signature patches instead. Blawar's Tinfoil should work just fine after that.

Which version of Atmosphere is displayed in the system settings? Also, is there a reason you're using Caffeine to load CFW? Is there a reason you're still on 3.0.0?

Your account probably won't be banned, and the unhacked Switch will probably be unaffected. On the hacked Switch, the dirty emuNAND you're using hacks with should have 90DNS or Incognito installed regardless so it doesn't get banned.

A banned console cannot use Switch online play, and you might not be able to connect to the eShop either.

If you're using CFW, just download the Isle of Armor DLC and update NSP files and install them.

12. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Just installed the 1.2.0 update. Is that not the isle of Armor update?

Yes using cfw.

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That update includes support for the new Pokemon, etc., but to get to the Isle of Armor, you have to install the DLC NSP too.

HBG can make this easier for you.

ganons likes this.
  14. PAINaciousD

PAINaciousD Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hello,

i'm totaly new with switch and homebrew. Today i installed Atmosphere on my switch and tested some homebrew apps. Including JKSV with my pokemon savefile and Pkhex. Is there any way to convert my savefile from emummc to my Sysnand to play online? Or do i have to transfer my pokemon to another switch, change to sysnand and transfer them back?

Another question: if i want to play online do i have to restart my switch everytime to get in my sysnand and play online without the risk getting banned or are they other solutions? Otherwhise i must allways connect my switch to my pc and inject the payload to get into the emuMMC?

Sorry for my noob questions :D

15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You have to either use a save manager in sysMMC to import the save file or trade them into another game. And the only way to not get banned is to never go online after using CFW and homebrew.

16. NANASHI89

NANASHI89 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Rekado won't work. Something about "SUBMITSURB"

OTG does work on my device, but I cannot find a OTG option in the settings.

Device is "SM-T560NU."

17. cook99

cook99 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hey guys, I'm sure it's been asked but I'm a total switch hack noob.
    Have an early release switch on OFW 4.1.0.
    I want to hack for homebrew and backups, I never go online, just single player offline games.
    Want to play recent games beyond current 4.1.0, have seen various guides say don't update further so thought I'd check before I get started.
    Thank you

18. Retinal_FAILURE

Retinal_FAILURE GBAtemp Regular

United States

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I'm not exactly sure why any guide would advise against updating since not only is it the only way to play newer games but you will always be able to use the exploit regardless of firmware. The only reason I can think of is to make sure of a possible better exploit that may only be available on the lower firmware versions but there are ways to accommodate this. The most common way is by updating without burning fuses. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrades so as long as you do not burn them, you can retain a path for downgrading. The easiest way to do this is by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. The second best way is by setting up emuMMC and updating that instead of your console.

20. cook99

cook99 Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    Thanks, was referring to the stickied thread on firmware status.
    "WARNING !!! if you have a console with 4.1.0 firmware DO NOT UPDATE YET."
    Seems to be pretty old advice though?
    Seems I should just follow steps from the switch homebrew guide and use fusee gelee?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH