Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you were fast to do everything, I still didn't start downgrading yet.

Like I said, I don't want to give fear to anyone.
AutoRCM and hekate to launch stock has not caused any ban (yet), so I can't tell if it's good or bad, I'm just stating that using a non official app to do something will always be less clean than using official nintendo's code.

the workaround I'm talking about is that hekate can't launch official Nintendo payload, and has to boot atmosphere to go into sysMMC, with the least patches possible.
it's still atmosphere, not OFW.
In order to boot on FW > 7.0, atmosphere requires additional files on SD to decrypt keys, while nintendo payload wouldn't need that.
I just see that as a "warkaround" to boot OFW, as it require atmosphere and external SD files not needed when booting officially.

If the Atmosphere logo popped up, you're in emuNAND, not sysNAND.
That's false.
Atmosphere can also boot sysMMC.
For example if you never made an emu partition, atmosphere is still used as CFW for your sysMMC.

Atmosphere is not equal to emulated, it's just CFW. either booting and patching sysMMC or emuMMC is just an option.

Using "stock" is also dependent on Atmosphere so it displays the logo.
if you go to settings, it should display the official firmware version without AMS info.

Last edited by Cyan,

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's apparently not 100% safe, no, although there are no reported bans yet. If the Atmosphere logo popped up, you're in emuNAND, not sysNAND. Check your firmware in system settings.
I used Incognito_RCM to remove my serialnumber on EmuNAND, is it okay to connect online now to use FTP?

BladeRunner64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AutoRCM and hekate to launch stock has not caused any ban (yet), so I can't tell if it's good or bad, I'm just stating that using a non official app to do something will always be less clean than using official nintendo's code.

the workaround I'm talking about is that hekate can't launch official Nintendo payload, and has to boot atmosphere to go into sysMMC, with the least patches possible.
In order to boot on FW > 7.0, atmosphere requires additional files on SD to decrypt keys, while nintendo payload wouldn't need that.
I just see that as a "warkaround" to boot OFW, as it require atmosphere and external SD files not needed when booting officially.

That's false.
For example if you never made an emu partition, atmosphere is still used as CFW for your sysMMC.

Atmosphere is not equal to emulated, it's just CFW. either booting and patching sysMMC or emuMMC is just an option.

if you go to settings, it should display the official firmware version without AMS info.
Ahh, okay. Sorry for my confusion. I have an emuMMC partition and have only booted it with Atmosphere, not my sysMMC. I have booted into stock ("stock") using Hetake, though, like I said.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just really frustrated because I had everything half-working and now I constantly get a loop of this fatal error.

I appreciate anyone who can help me. Thanks!
If you are having sigpatch issues, try using neutOS instead. Delete the existing atmosphere/sept folders and replace them with the ones included in the bundle. For OFW 10.0, you will also need to place loader.kip into SD:/atmosphere/kips/loader.kip

Reactions: Venomfwa

Venomfwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you! Again, please excuse my ignorance here, but I had actually tried neutOS earlier and was a bit discouraged by the fact that it has to be setup on FAT32, and as such relies on USB installs, which I don't know that I can easily do on a Mac.

And when you say OFW 10.0, you mean anything above 10 on the switch? (Just because I know the most recent update was higher than simply 10.0).

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

That's false.

Yeah, it was pretty straight forward due to your help.

I used Incognito_RCM to remove my serialnumber on EmuNAND, is it okay to connect online now to use FTP or should I also do 90DNS?

BladeRunner64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I turn AutoRCM on via Hetake and then reboot into RCM and inject TegraExplorer and reboot normally into OFW, is that considered an "official" boot? I'm debating turning AutoRCM on because I use the aluminum foil method.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I used Incognito_RCM to remove my serialnumber on EmuNAND, is it okay to connect online now to use FTP or should I also do 90DNS?
Yes, you should be fine.
personally, I'd go with multiple solutions at the same time. But I'm maybe just my over-protective.

incognito should already prevent nintendo to know which console to ban. they know a console did something, they have your IP, region, etc. just not the serial.
but it's even better in my opinion that they don't have any info at all, so using 90DNS would help.
Also, I feel like 90DNS is not enough, as it only seems to block some servers, not all. The "90dns tester" homebrew only checks "nintendo.xxx" from all around the world to see if 90DNS works, and not real servers addresses used by the switch.
Relying on a remote, external DNS filter is prone to error as you never know when it works or not, nor which addresses are filtered.

what I'm doing is a mix of both 90DNS and my own proxy set in whitelist mode : I ONLY allow URL I decide.
because blacklisting known URL in current firmware doesn't protect you in added URL in next firmware!
while whitelist would block everything newly added.

Incognito should be enough to not be banned.
The software blocking incognito-like from atmosphere is not tested enough yet, it's suggested to not use it yet as it's beta.

Last edited by Cyan,

XenArtezie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am still struggling with my corrupted emunand.

In the meantime, I'm creating a fresh emunand, but I've been having this issue when trying to create emunand. It stays at 0%, and throws the following error: "Error writing 8192 blocks" or something. I have formated the sd card with Diskgenius for more than 20 times, to no avail. My sd card is a 128gb Sandisk class 10 U1.
Now I'm doing a full format using Minitool Partition Wizard 12.0, hoping this time around hekate will let me create the emunand.

Last edited by XenArtezie,

foreverimages

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Currently on Atlas NX/Kosmos 15.1 with FW 8.1.0 and trying to install Trials of Mana. Is there any reason not to go to the latest version of AtlasNX and update to firmware 9.2?

2 - I don't want to take my Switch online AT ALL so can I just update AtlasNX manually on my SD card but overwriting the directories/files?

Last edited by foreverimages,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey chaps, could I just get some clarity on migrating emummc to a larger sd card? Am I correct in thinking..

Image current card,
Write to new card
Move emummc partition to the end of the partition table.
Expand the FAT32 partition.
Profit!
sorry, didn't see you post before.

It depends where is located your emuNAND, at the start (like SXOS) or at the end (like most guides and homebrew tools such as tegraexplorer)
But it also depends whether you are cloning the SD card sector by sector, or based on the partition letter.

if you do it in windows, it only sees the FAT32 partition and might only clone that one, so maybe you better just copy/paste the files directly into another SD card yourself?

if the emu is at the start, you could clone sector by sector (both emu and FAT32), then use a partition manager to expand the FAT32 partition up to the end of the card.

if the emu is at the end it's harder, I doubt you'll be able to "move the partition". I'm not sure how partition managers are doing it and if they require to understand the file system or not.
I'd prepare the new SD card with tegraExplorer to format the card FAT/linuxSwap, then find a way to dump the emuMMC partition (with dd ? or a tool able to work with emuMMC dumps, someone made any? or hekate can dump/write emuMMC images?) and write it back to the new card, and just copy files to FAT32 yourself?

If you have more than two partitions (lakka, android, multi emuMMC, etc.) it'll be each as much harder to do it one by one.
Keeping FAT32 at the end is easier to deal with SD card migration.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: paulttt

mafaveli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, with emuMMC (same thing ss emuNAND I believe) is there any limit to the size of the sd card I can use? I ask because I used a 64gb card. Which I have filled up pretty quickly with 'backups', I only used a 64gb card to test it works as I had that lying around and I didn't want to invest unless I knew the process would actually works on my switch (which I can happily say it does).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is sharing the same folder a ban risk?
I guess it would be a problem if I return to sysNAND while this folder contains games with missing ticket/certs.
But sharing the same folder will allow me to play bought games on emuNAND without having duplicate officially bought games on SD (nintendo and emutendo), but not share the savegame (too bad)
I guess my SD is big enough to have 2-3 duplicated games.
I have seen a few people claim this could be risky but either no one has tried and/or its all purely theoretical. Remember that Nintendo doesn't scan the SD card so even if there were supposedly pirated games stored in the folder, they will not be detected until you go online since a pirated and legitimate game appear identically in the folder. There are also scenarios where games could have missing tickets such as having multiple Nintendo Accounts on one console. If you are truly paranoid, you setup two different folders otherwise one is sufficient. Another point I should mention though is you can use two folders but just have no games overlap since the save data will not be carried over between sysMMC and emuMMC.

Hey chaps, could I just get some clarity on migrating emummc to a larger sd card? Am I correct in thinking..

Image current card,
Write to new card
Move emummc partition to the end of the partition table.
Expand the FAT32 partition.
Profit!
Yes

Thank you! Again, please excuse my ignorance here, but I had actually tried neutOS earlier and was a bit discouraged by the fact that it has to be setup on FAT32, and as such relies on USB installs, which I don't know that I can easily do on a Mac.

And when you say OFW 10.0, you mean anything above 10 on the switch? (Just because I know the most recent update was higher than simply 10.0).
Yes to the second question and for the first question, you can actually try using SDSetup instead as it lets you customize everything you want out of a CFW.

If I turn AutoRCM on via Hetake and then reboot into RCM and inject TegraExplorer and reboot normally into OFW, is that considered an "official" boot? I'm debating turning AutoRCM on because I use the aluminum foil method.
TegraExplorer is just a file browser. It does not let you launch into OFW or CFW.

I am still struggling with my corrupted emunand.

In the meantime, I'm creating a fresh emunand, but I've been having this issue when trying to create emunand. It stays at 0%, and throws the following error: "Error writing 8192 blocks" or something. I have formated the sd card with Diskgenius for more than 20 times, to no avail. My sd card is a 128gb Sandisk class 10 U1.
Now I'm doing a full format using Minitool Partition Wizard 12.0, hoping this time around hekate will let me create the emunand.
Since your emuMMC is corrupted, setting up a new one is compulsory. My personal recommendation for setting up emuMMC is using SX OS. It doesn't require a license and is compatible with Atmosphere. The one extra step required is to use the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate once SX OS finishes creating the emuMMC partition. One side effect is that the SD card will be named TX NAND but it saves a lot of headache.

1 - Currently on Atlas NX/Kosmos 15.1 with FW 8.1.0 and trying to install Trials of Mana. Is there any reason not to go to the latest version of AtlasNX and update to firmware 9.2?

2 - I don't want to take my Switch online AT ALL so can I just update AtlasNX manually on my SD card but overwriting the directories/files?
  1. 9.2 is the recommended firmware version at the moment
  2. Yes
Quick question, with emuMMC (same thing ss emuNAND I believe) is there any limit to the size of the sd card I can use? I ask because I used a 64gb card. Which I have filled up pretty quickly with 'backups', I only used a 64gb card to test it works as I had that lying around and I didn't want to invest unless I knew the process would actually works on my switch (which I can happily say it does).
The Switch supports up to 2 TiB SD cards.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NeutOS is just a fork of atmosphere with patches pre-applied. It does not specifically rely on Fat32 or exFat formatting but exFAT is strongly discouraged. This "exFAT is discouraged" advice also applies to the Kosmos config from SDCardSetup. An SD card formatted as exFAT will eventually corrupt itself. It might take a day or two, or six months or longer, but it will happen so Fat32 is strongly encouraged.

For doing >4GB XCI/NSP installs on Fat32, use a splitter program like this one . It runs using python3 so it will work on a mac and it is possible to set the archive flag while in Goldleaf 0.8 so doing >4GB NSP installs is possible while on Fat32 using either the Kosmos setup for Atmosphere or NeutOS.

Also, look into Awoo installer, it supports direct link installs, so you could theoretically set up a local python one-liner web server on your lan and then push the .xci or .nsp over HTTP without having to convert to .nsp first.

A minor note: The loader.kip is not needed for NeutOS since that is baked into the boot process, but adding it will increase compatability if you ever decide to switch to vanilla atmosphere later.

OFW 10.0.1 was a very minor revision on 10.0.0 and are the same for homebrew purposes.

XenArtezie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since your emuMMC is corrupted, setting up a new one is compulsory. My personal recommendation for setting up emuMMC is using SX OS. It doesn't require a license and is compatible with Atmosphere. The one extra step required is to use the migrate emuMMC option in Hekate once SX OS finishes creating the emuMMC partition. One side effect is that the SD card will be named TX NAND but it saves a lot of headache.

Just tried but got another error at 50%: EmuNand creation: failed Errcode=00FFFEB3.

I created a fat32 partition as primary, second partition as linux swap (as instructed in the ultimate noob guide), but then loaded SX OS, created emunand, selected hidden partition... and then after 30 mins the aforementioned error happened.

My sd card is legit! I've been using since 2018.

Should I opt for a file based emunand?

Last edited by XenArtezie,

veenx0704

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to hack my un-patched switch to use NHSE to modify my ACNH save data following this guide. And play online to give items to my friends. I use physical legit game.

I need a clarification here:

• To extract and import save data: I need to boot my switch to emuNAND CFW and use JKSV.
  • To play edited save data online: power off Nintendo switch to boot switch to sysNAND CFW? Stock sysNand? What is my option to play online with edited save data while preventing ban?
Edit: I haven't started the hacking process yet, still in original stock state.

Last edited by veenx0704,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried but got another error at 50%: EmuNand creation: failed Errcode=00FFFEB3.

I created a fat32 partition as primary, second partition as linux swap (as instructed in the ultimate noob guide), but then loaded SX OS, created emunand, selected hidden partition... and then after 30 mins the aforementioned error happened.

My sd card is legit! I've been using since 2018.
Upon Googling this error code, other people either had this error magically disappear or never resolved. Make sure there is enough space on the SD card for it to partition it. It may be worth formatting the card before trying again.

I want to hack my un-patched switch to use NHSE to modify my ACNH save data following this guide. And play online to give items to my friends. I use physical legit game.

I need a clarification here:

• To extract and import save data: I need to boot my switch to emuNAND CFW and use JKSV.
  • To play edited save data online: power off Nintendo switch to boot switch to sysNAND CFW? Stock sysNand? What is my option to play online with edited save data while preventing ban?
Edit: I haven't started the hacking process yet, still in original stock state.
There is no option to play online with edited save data and prevent a ban, these are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: veenx0704

veenx0704

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no option to play online with edited save data and prevent a ban, these are mutually exclusive.
ok thank u:/

I see people selling Nook Miles Tickets (ACNH items) via eBay and it's obviously they are using some kind of hack for that right? How are they managing to obtain such amount and staying online?? lmk if you know

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thank u:/

I see people selling Nook Miles Tickets (ACNH items) via eBay and it's obviously they are using some kind of hack for that right? How are they managing to obtain such amount and staying online?? lmk if you know
Just because some people haven't been banned yet doesn't mean they will never be banned. Bans happen in waves and the game came out recently so its most likely due to the fact that there hasn't been a banwave since its release.

Reactions: veenx0704

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols