Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

devilpyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Umm so, is it like this? Correct me if im wrong
- upgrade the dongle payload using ns atmosphere programmer and install latest hekate 5.0.2
- copy the decompressed latest atmosphere sdfile 19.09.23 into switch sdcard
- backup nand and switch key
- learn/use choidujor to upgrade to latest fw 9.0

I still dont understand what autorcm for though, since the autorcm link is dead there. Is it important? Also, would it brick my games/save file if i update cfw? Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a dongle to send payloads and my question is: how do I get the Hekate graphical interface to load since it's a different .bin file? Do I have to inject it after injecting hekate or just place it in the microsd and hekate will load it?
Update the payload on your dongle with the latest Hekate .bin file

Umm so, is it like this? Correct me if im wrong
- upgrade the dongle payload using ns atmosphere programmer and install latest hekate 5.0.2
- copy the decompressed latest atmosphere sdfile 19.09.23 into switch sdcard
- backup nand and switch key
- learn/use choidujor to upgrade to latest fw 9.0

I still dont understand what autorcm for though, since the autorcm link is dead there. Is it important? Also, would it brick my games/save file if i update cfw? Thanks
Essentially that is the process. And if you want to learn more about AutoRCM, you can read up on it in this thread

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I just checked out the Signature Patches thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/

Can anyone help me to understand how to use them? Or where to put them to get them to work?

I have an issue where Tinfoil won't load up on the console anymore. 4.1 tells me that the environment is corrupt... Any ideas why this might be? I just updated my Console to 8.1.0 through ChoiDuJour and CFW is still working, but TinFoil won't allow me to install anything... I don't know if it matters, but I'm Injecting the ReiNX Payload through TegraGUI.

I Managed to install Links Awakening through Lithium. BUT, I had to input the Konami Code to allow installation of the game as it said it could be a malicious Mod of an NSP which might mean signature patches put in the wrong place? It installed successfully and it works just fine.

Any help appreciated with this, as always!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fucked up my firmware in the middle of updating it and now I can only boot stock/hekate
I was going from 7.1 to 8.1 but didn't choose exfat to install so panicked and cancelled the install, it rebooted and no longer had firm. i updated the cfw pkgs and still can not boot, i am assuming i wiped or broke my cfw. how do i restore my cfw/firm back to what i need.

Ps.
many thanks for all the help this thread gives

help

Notting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
g‘Day,

I have a second Switch which I bought at the beginning of 2018 for emulation purposes but never had the time to use it up until now. It‘s a first generation switch with firmware 2.1.0, it was never online - immediately switched on the flight mode.

My main Switch is on official 9.0.0 so I have no problems with my Nintendo account.

With all the possibilities that popped up in the last one and a half years, I have to say: I don‘t know where to start :(

Though I have an online Switch I want to make sure the second console does not get „burned“ or „banned“.
As I said before, my main goal is to get all kinds of retro emulation going on this perfect mobile gaming machine.
Any advice on how to proceed? I was hoping I could preserve the original OS with no modifications being recognised by Nintendo afterwards - the same as I was used on my 3DS back in the day with emunand.

One thing I‘m not sure about: is there a mod that starts a cfw from cold boot or do I have to use a computer, phone, external device .. to send the .bin‘s from every start?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Notting,

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Onusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found one at GameStop that is between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 which is "safe to buy".

Will it be hackable no matter what firmware it comes with?

Is it even worth buying a used old model for $270, or should I wait for the new version to be hacked and buy it new for $300?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to switch to 9.0.0 now? i have a new system and in order to link a ninty account i have to update.
I still do not personally recommend firmware 9.0. If you really need to link an account, you can use Kefir to link a fake account. Bear in mind it will wipe all of your save data so back it up with Checkpoint or EdiZon beforehand.

How do I install XCI over USB?
Don't believe there is a way without converting the .XCI files to .NSP format

I found one at GameStop that is between XAW10000000000 - XAW10074000000 which is "safe to buy".

Will it be hackable no matter what firmware it comes with?

Is it even worth buying a used old model for $270, or should I wait for the new version to be hacked and buy it new for $300?
Unpatched consoles are hacked via a hardware exploit meaning software plays no part in whether or not it is vulnerable. The new consoles on the other hand may never be hacked and even if they do may be several years down the line.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way to convert saves to a different region? I just discovered that saves are locked to region. I was thinking they were region free, since the system is. anyway, almost all backups I've found online are for Europe while my saves are from the American versions of games.

Onusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still do not personally recommend firmware 9.0. If you really need to link an account, you can use Kefir to link a fake account. Bear in mind it will wipe all of your save data so back it up with Checkpoint or EdiZon beforehand.

Don't believe there is a way without converting the .XCI files to .NSP format

Unpatched consoles are hacked via a hardware exploit meaning software plays no part in whether or not it is vulnerable. The new consoles on the other hand may never be hacked and even if they do may be several years down the line.

Thank you! Tough decision after hearing the improvements of the new version, and it being only $30 more then a used old model.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Gui_br

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Update the payload on your dongle with the latest Hekate .bin file

Essentially that is the process. And if you want to learn more about AutoRCM, you can read up on it in this thread

I meant how to load the Nyx interface since it's separated from the payload... dos this bin file or hekate folder goes in the SD or the hekate bin alone has everything

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I meant how to load the Nyx interface since it's separated from the payload... dos this bin file or hekate folder goes in the SD or the hekate bin alone has everything
It's not seperated. Get the latest hekate relase, put it on your dongle and inject it. It will automatically load the Nxy interface.

Reactions: Gui_br

AndersonSilva

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have NSwitch with FW 9.0 I can't create my EmuMMC, follow the steps I'm doing, correct me where I'm going wrong.
-> Using DiskGenius
- I get my sdCard 128GB, format it in FAT32
- So I resize leaving 29.16GB free
- I now create a new FAT32 partition (not Ext4) and confirm as Primary, 16KB cluster

-> Henkate
- I follow Henkate's I click on EmuMMC and select SD Partition
- Finished go to 'Chamge EmuMMC' and select RAW1

That done, when I put the SDCard in the PC it mounts 2 partitions, the 88GB with the EmuMMC directory and another partition that would be EmuMMC is empty without any data.

I left the partition as FAT32 because I saw that the switch does not see EXT4 partitions.
I got my instruction from 'emummc homebrew guide'

Last edited by AndersonSilva,

proshot82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch suddenly started to lose signal over HDMI. TV screen would go black for few seconds, then back on again, after few times like this, it goes black and does not turn back on anymore. I tried different cables, hdmi inputs, it's all the same. Anyone had this?

Aternel

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I want to hack my Switch, and i've been looking at the possibilites.

I own a launch Switch, and i've always refrained from modifying it because of the ban risk. With the launch of the Mariko units, i've been thinking about buying a new unit, and hacking my old Switch, which would eliminate any ban risk, but I'd prefer to only own one.

My question is: If I hack my launch Switch, create an EmuMMC, keep it offline forever, and continue to play online on the SysNAND, would I be at risk?

In case I get banned: Would I be able to transfer my profile to a new (patched) Switch?

Thank you

Gamese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. To be more specific, it is updated at around the same time fuses are burnt aka when the stock bootloader or a custom bootloader without nogc is used.

I would never ever recommend DZ to any user. This is the one and only Tinfoil.

What is DZ and should I just dump those tinfoil to the root of my SD card? The Reinx guide said to only put nro files in the switch folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1