Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, so I have just purchased a new switch from eBay and I confirmed it’s not patched, then backed up my boot 00 & 01 and the raw gpp. I want to buy some eshop games Like Final Fantasy 7, and others (that are only available digitally). But I know I will want to hack my save files. So can anyone explain how I copy my eshop game from my clean new switch to my pc? My guess is there is a way to convert it from the microsd to a nsp so when I copy it to my pc I can then install on my cfw Switch. Am I greatly simplifying the process? Is there a tutorial?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nxdumptool-nintendo-switch-dump-tool.508343/

Spinsz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to delete a save file? Apparently a save file I have is a higher version than the game. I downloaded the update but it still tells me it can no load as I have to download the required update..

ataraxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for such detailed explanation.

I don't need the save files in sysNAND as I have backed up using CheckPoint. I'm thinking to revert my switch back to original state before setting up emuNAND.

This is what I'm thinking of doing.

1. Restore my 5.1.0 sysNAND backup.
2. Factory reset it.
3. Setup emuNAND and enable AutoRCM
4. Update emuNAND using CDJNX
5. Boot into sysNAND using Hekate and update horizon OS normally while connecting to the internet.
6. Backup sysNAND 8.1.0 using Hekate. This will still consider clean copy correct? Since no CFW running.

Please advise if steps above are correct and in correct sequence?

Thanks

Can anyone help confirm this? Thanks so much for your help.

Spinsz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you can do is look for the latest update, if the save data is from a newer update version it would refuse to load on lower update version.
Yeah, I found the supposed latest update, installed it and still get the same message. Also, I installed the update for Zelda and God Eater 3 and get the message to download the update, but I can bypass those 2 and play. Dunno..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I found the supposed latest update, installed it and still get the same message. Also, I installed the update for Zelda and God Eater 3 and get the message to download the update, but I can bypass those 2 and play. Dunno..

For example, a 100% Xenoblade 2 save wouldn't load if the all the DLC and the latest update was installed, the games check the save for condition of the content of the save with what is installed , if it doesn't match it wouldn't load, perhaps you aren't using the latest update, check if you are missing update/dlc etc.

Spinsz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example, a 100% Xenoblade 2 save wouldn't load if the all the DLC and the latest update was installed, the games check the save for condition of the content of the save with what is installed , if it doesn't match it wouldn't load, perhaps you aren't using the latest update, check if you are missing update/dlc etc.
It's my own save file from before I installed cfw. I never downloaded any dlc for it and am not sure what version my save file is for. If I install the game with no update, it still happens, I install the update and it's the same thing. I don't download any save files. For instance, I have the cartridge for zelda and have 0 saves for it. I load the game and it says I should download the update, which I have already installed, but it let's me play. I want to just delete my save file for dead cells and just start over regardless of version.

Last edited by Spinsz,

giovany86

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, just a quick question :

is it in the right order ? :

1 : Make Boot0/1 + sysNAND backup
2 : create emuMMC
3 : format emuMMC (offline) to unlink nands
4 : keep the emuMMC offline forever so sysNAND (OFW) can be online without ban risk

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey. I'm a little out of the loop. Is atmosphere 9.3 safe for version 8.1 for the switch?
Yes, it is.

Hello, just a quick question :

is it in the right order ? :

1 : Make Boot0/1 + sysNAND backup
2 : create emuMMC
3 : format emuMMC (offline) to unlink nands
4 : keep the emuMMC offline forever so sysNAND (OFW) can be online without ban risk
Not sure what you mean with 3., but remove the internet settings in sysMMC before creating the emuMMC.
For clear instructions follow this guide:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a banned switch console with my account in it. I know I can unlink my account from my console via the Nintendo website, but if I do that and get a new switch, will it ban that new console too? as far as I know, it is only a console ban. the codes don't say anything about an account ban.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I have a banned switch console with my account in it. I know I can unlink my account from my console via the Nintendo website, but if I do that and get a new switch, will it ban that new console too? as far as I know, it is only a console ban. the codes don't say anything about an account ban.

You should be able to log into the same account into another device fine if you got a console ban.

Reactions: ceelo

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I can tell you I have a banned Switch, but I have my account on another Switch and it hasn't been banned.

Reactions: NoNAND and ceelo

Dade_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Issue - Moving SD card. 128GB to 200GB

What I have tried:
1. Formatting SD card on OSX for FAT32 using disk util. Copying over all the content. CFW loads. I can access album holding R for all the tools. However, as soon as console loads, I get error that card can not be read. error code 2016-0247.
2. Delete Nintendo folder - Still complains with the same error.
3. Downloaded tool from the SD Association that is recommended by Nintendo. Took forever to format with overwrite.
4. Turned off AutoRCM. Loading into original software. Complains that it cant read the card. Possible that it cant read SDXC. Googling says this happens when card is exFat. Mine is FAT32?!
5. Going to settings hoping I can format the card from switch. No. Needs software update to format the card (im on 8.1)
6. Copy all the data apart from Nintendo from the old card - Payload inject. CFW does not load.

Insert old card - all good.

WHAT THE..?!

splashattack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare switch that I've kept 3.0.0 on waiting for the hacking scene to mature. I'm just now really starting to get into the scene now and have been exploring switch root and the like

What I'm actually here for is that I would like to play some local co op of stardew valley with my girl, which requires 3.0.2. What are my options as far as making this happen? Will I have to update firmware permanently? Would there be a solution with custom firmwares? Am I screwed?
(bump cause no response)

Could someone at least point me to some threads or links to check out to figure this out?

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be off topic but i just did a thernal replacement..i did the chip and the heatsink, but my switch never goes past the switch logo..not sure whats up. not my first thermal job. any ideas? the fan ia blowing cool air and console is not getting hot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol