Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not sure if this is a good place to ask, but how do you see the chances of someone managing to split up FF10 and 10-2 into separate working nsps, so you don't need both installed at the same time?

stellarr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am very, very new and kinda noob to switch hacking (been there with wii and 3ds but trying to get in here)

I really want to have Atmosphere on my switch. However, I have many questions that make me confused. First of all, I love playing a particular, online game on my switch (Smite, like Fornite or Paladins etc) and would like to know if I'll be able to play it once I get Atmosphere, since I heard I'd have to be on airplane mode all the time. Also, once you installed the CFW, can you update your switch like normal? so that sysnand is up to date and can use eshop still to update games. I'm kind of confused about this, if anyone can clear my head I'd be grateful! Thanks!

Drobbo84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im running 7.0.1 and atmosphere. Got SSBU running off the internal hdd but it won't run from the SD card. Is there a way to fix this?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am very, very new and kinda noob to switch hacking (been there with wii and 3ds but trying to get in here)

I really want to have Atmosphere on my switch. However, I have many questions that make me confused. First of all, I love playing a particular, online game on my switch (Smite, like Fornite or Paladins etc) and would like to know if I'll be able to play it once I get Atmosphere, since I heard I'd have to be on airplane mode all the time. Also, once you installed the CFW, can you update your switch like normal? so that sysnand is up to date and can use eshop still to update games. I'm kind of confused about this, if anyone can clear my head I'd be grateful! Thanks!
You can still play online but will be banned sooner or later. That’s why you shouldn’t connect your switch to the internet after you hacked it.

Drobbo84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's time to update my firmware.
Switch has OFW 4.1.0
I had been running SX OS Pro.
I've read that using ChoiDujourNX via SX OS is bad.
I grabbed a SD card and deleted everything other than the Nintendo folder.
Installed Atmosphere 0.8.6
Now from homebrew I launch ChoiDuJourNX, and I cannot navigate the folders (to select the FW update folder)
It doesn't crash, just no response from any button other than HOME.
What have I done wrong?
I don't know if it helps but i updated mine through the switch ofw and afterwards immediately put the dsn90 back on to block Nintendo. Working fine for me

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
How do i unistall nsp updates for a xci game?
If you have installed it as nsp, than you can delete it from the data management or dev menu. Dev menu allows you to reset the update ticket and also to delete only one update version.

Can somebody explain difference between hbloader and hbmenu?
Hbloader gives the homebrew apps more RAM and permissions. For example check out a changelog from hbloader: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-hbloader-updated-to-version-2-0-0-now-has-full-access-to-ram.521091/.

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
So, I have 3.0.0 switch.
Posted a while back about this and got some info here on how to proceed, but some new developments have come out and I am fuzzy on the details.
I did a full backup of my 3.0.0 using hekate and saved the files and biskey dump in a safe place.
I understand I need to use choidujoure in order to maintain an downgrade path.

There appears to be 2 versions of that. one has 'NX' in the file name and the other does not.
Firmware folders seem to also have this 'NX' indication.

I also understand that autoRCM needs to happen once the update is complete and that the gamecard reader firmware update needs to be blocked.

I think that the latest choidujoure does these 2 things automatically, but if not, I am not sure how to install autorcm myself, if it is stored on an sd card or on the unit, and where the .ini file I need is to edit for nogc/what to put in it.

I also understand I will want 'kosmos' but I think it hasn't been updated to include 7.x.x firmware useable stuff. so....?

Was planning to go to 6.2.0, but if all the 7.x stuff is figured out these days (and it sounds like it is), can I still use choidujoure?
Which version of it do I want to use 'NX' or non 'NX'?
Don't I need to boot into CFW in order to run it or can I run it directly from a payload? (I am assuming I cannot run latest atmosphere on something as old as 3.0.0 directly).
After it updates, what will I need to do to ensure autorcm and nogc is set correctly before next reboot so I don't get screwed?

Ultimately looking for some more fleshed out instructions to update and run the latest and greatest 'cool stuff' without burning fuses and with being able to have a downgrade path for if/when a better exploit is released (though it does say deja vu was patched out :( .)

(Sorry for the long post)

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,
So, I have 3.0.0 switch.
Posted a while back about this and got some info here on how to proceed, but some new developments have come out and I am fuzzy on the details.
I did a full backup of my 3.0.0 using hekate and saved the files and biskey dump in a safe place.
I understand I need to use choidujoure in order to maintain an downgrade path.

There appears to be 2 versions of that. one has 'NX' in the file name and the other does not.
Firmware folders seem to also have this 'NX' indication.

I also understand that autoRCM needs to happen once the update is complete and that the gamecard reader firmware update needs to be blocked.

I think that the latest choidujoure does these 2 things automatically, but if not, I am not sure how to install autorcm myself, if it is stored on an sd card or on the unit, and where the .ini file I need is to edit for nogc/what to put in it.

I also understand I will want 'kosmos' but I think it hasn't been updated to include 7.x.x firmware useable stuff. so....?

Was planning to go to 6.2.0, but if all the 7.x stuff is figured out these days (and it sounds like it is), can I still use choidujoure?
Which version of it do I want to use 'NX' or non 'NX'?
Don't I need to boot into CFW in order to run it or can I run it directly from a payload? (I am assuming I cannot run latest atmosphere on something as old as 3.0.0 directly).
After it updates, what will I need to do to ensure autorcm and nogc is set correctly before next reboot so I don't get screwed?

Ultimately looking for some more fleshed out instructions to update and run the latest and greatest 'cool stuff' without burning fuses and with being able to have a downgrade path for if/when a better exploit is released (though it does say deja vu was patched out :( .)

(Sorry for the long post)
1) ChoiDujourNX is the one you use on your switch to update.
2) ChoiDujourNX installs autoRCM by default.
3) GC update is only blocked when you disable the GC slot (When I remeber correctly, you get a new hekate ini file after update with ChoiDujourNX).
4) Kosmos is updated for 7.0.0+.
5) ChoiDujourNX is a homebrew app, you start it from the homebrew menu.

Regarding the GC slot update, I recommend you to carefully read about ChoiDujourNX before messing something up. (In the FAQ here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/)

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, i dont know what went wrong, but i switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere and applied the exefs and kip patches from another topic.
But now when i try to install anything, i get told my NCA is invalid, but yesterday it still worked fine?
How do i fix this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i dont know what went wrong, but i switched from ReiNX to Atmosphere and applied the exefs and kip patches from another topic.
But now when i try to install anything, i get told my NCA is invalid, but yesterday it still worked fine?
How do i fix this?
When you say yesterday it still worked fine, did you mean with ReiNX or Atmosphere? If you mean ReiNX, you should just revert back as its a well known fact ReiNX supports more patches than Atmosphere. If you mean Atmosphere, you need to be a little more specific as invalid NCA can mean anything from lacking patches, low firmware, not enough space, bad title installer, corrupt backup, etc.

DieHardjagged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you say yesterday it still worked fine, did you mean with ReiNX or Atmosphere? If you mean ReiNX, you should just revert back as its a well known fact ReiNX supports more patches than Atmosphere. If you mean Atmosphere, you need to be a little more specific as invalid NCA can mean anything from lacking patches, low firmware, not enough space, bad title installer, corrupt backup, etc.

Sorry, i meant Atmosphere, i should had clarified that.
I think the game i tried to install is simply broken, since i noticed tinfoil showed me a critical warning when i checked on the game.

Last edited by DieHardjagged,

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Son of a gun.
I have the SX OS Pro, and have been using it without issue.
I took a clean SD card and installed Atmosphere 0.8.6
Now I can't get back to SX OS, when I boot the switch with my sx os SD card and the dongle attached, it says Atmosphere, cannot find/load xxx.
I guess you can't switch back and forth between CFW types.
How do I uninstall Atmosphere?
Thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Son of a gun.
I have the SX OS Pro, and have been using it without issue.
I took a clean SD card and installed Atmosphere 0.8.6
Now I can't get back to SX OS, when I boot the switch with my sx os SD card and the dongle attached, it says Atmosphere, cannot find/load xxx.
I guess you can't switch back and forth between CFW types.
How do I uninstall Atmosphere?
Thanks

Load from Hekate, it is a bootloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!