nx-hbloader updated to version 2.0.0, now has full access to RAM

31827450.png

Switchbrew has released a major update to nx-hbloader, a host process for loading NRO files for Switch homebrew applications. This new version makes some improvements such as now allowing for applications to run with the full amount of 3.2GB RAM, as opposed to the past, where it could only use ~400MB of RAM. Library applets are still usable, and older homebrew NRO files will still work, but they are limited to using 442MB of RAM max, this also counts when running it through the album app. Other changes were made, including making the program less prone to issues by disabling core3 access, and more. You can grab the .nsp at the GitHub for the project, and see the full changelog below.

• Now supports running as an application with access to the full ~3.2GB of RAM reserved for applications, while being backwards compatible with older NRO homebrew. Running as a library applet is still supported, although it only has access to 442MB of RAM.
  • Granted access to all FS permissions.
  • Granted user/host access to all services.
  • Granted access to debugging SVCs.
  • Disabled access to core3 in order to solve stability problems when using preemptively multithreaded threads & load balancing.
  • Added support for RandomSeed homebrew ABI key, which allows NRO homebrew to use the libnx randomGet* functions without always getting back the same results throughout a single session of nx-hbloader.
  • Custom NPDM built from source.
    • Default kernel caps application type set to applet (2). Atmosphère users aren't affected by this change, since its native support for nx-hbloader automatically sets the appropriate application type.
The provided binary is an ExeFS PFS0 .nsp, which can be placed at /atmosphere/hbl.nsp, or loaded through some other ExeFS replacement method.

:download: nx-hbloader 2.0.0 GitHub

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Great! Does this also mean greater perfomance in emulating overall? I'm excited to see if someone is going to attempt to port heavier homebrew games for the Switch. Who knows if a Portal version ever surfaces, like the Aperture Science DS? Would be my biggest dream.

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a great small heater. Really though for those of you who havnt put your hand in front of the top vent after playing for a while.
Nice. Now I have no skin on my hand.
For real though I always felt it getting hot, but never thought to feel the vent. I can now play games and make pancakes on the go.

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I right in assuming that the mupen64plus core will now run with the nro and not require an installed nsp?

Maybe a question for the Retroarch thread.

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried to install it with tinfoil it wouldnt let me it says to put it into atmosphere/hbl.nsp or is that wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...