Atmosphere Switch CFW updated to version 1.3.0, adds OFW 14.0.0 support

atmos.png

After the release of the official 14.0.0 Nintendo Switch firmware on Monday, the Atmosphere team got to work on support for the latest software update. And now the wait is over, as Atmosphere 1.3.0 is available now, in pre-release form. Beyond just support for the current Switch firmware are some new features and streamlining; Atmosphere's build system was re-written, and according to SciresM, this release makes it possible for users to make a debugging build of Atmosphere.

In addition, CTCaer's hekate and Nyx have both been updated with 14.0.0 support, which brings better boot speeds. Hekate is currently at 5.7.0, while Nyx is at version 1.2.0.

A full changelog can be seen below, and all of the mentioned releases can be downloaded from their respective official GitHub project pages, as always.

• Support was added for 14.0.0.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • erpt was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • pm was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
    • fatal was updated to reflect the latest official behaviors.
  • A mechanism for automatically cleaning up erpt_reports was added.
    • When booting, if the console has more than 1000 reports inside /atmosphere/erpt_reports, the folder will be cleaned to empty.
    • This behavior can be disabled by setting erpt!disable_automatic_report_cleanup = u8!0x1 in system_settings.ini.
  • Atmosphère's build system was re-written, and now allows globally building for various builds/configs.
    • All boards now automatically support release/debugging/auditing targets; it is now possible to build a full debugging/auditing build of atmosphère for the first time.
  • Support was added for compiling libstratosphère to run on PC.
    • The currently implemented/tested targets are Windows (x64), Linux (x64, arm64), macOS (x64, arm64).
      • If you are a developer interested in adding support for another target, please reach out to SciresM#0524 on discord.
    • This is intended to finally allow sanely testing Atmosphère's code, by allowing most of it to run on a PC (with access to a debugger) instead of on game console hardware.
    • In addition, this will allow making PC tools which reuse code written for Atmosphère directly..
    • Please Note: This has no relation to interacting with official software on PC whatsoever. This really allows for making tests and self-contained atmosphère-based command-line tools; the Atmosphère project continues to have zero interest in attempting to run official software of any kind.
    • In the course of adding this support (and working on tooling using it), a number of fairly major revisions were made to stratosphere (particularly surrounding filesystem code).
      • Please Note: A number of changes made for this (and ones necessary in the process of adding support for 14.0.0) are api-breaking.
        • If you're a developer and any of this caused your code to break, please feel free to contact SciresM#0524 for help updating your program.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@SciresM, absolute legend.

Also, a very interesting bug was fixed apparently on 14.0:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...202366c8934c88ef251f1e905967040/gistfile1.txt

THIS is why this project is so interesting. Because atmosphere has basically the complete HOS kernel rewritten as an open source alternative these kind of fixes are picked up and understood.
(This is not a new entry point for a softmod, btw)
Very interesting. We need go deeper. Maybe someday we can simply crack switch protection with Any softmod. Today i buyed two great games on my switch lite. Valkyria Profile, and Okami.
But still Best games on switch are too expensive for me. I have hope someone find a way to crack switch lite security someday.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you able to bring it up on Github? If there's a problem, they should be able to come up with a fix.
Looks like someone has reported it already but why are they fighting over killing each other over there? WTF. I would report it if it guarantees that I will not get flamed to death.

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Looks like someone has reported it already but why are they fighting over killing each other over there? WTF. I would report it if it guarantees that I will not get flamed to death.
Some people just don't have much going on in their lives. I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you been able to fix it using the advice provided on there? It sounds like it's likely caused by improper/incomplete Atmosphere update.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Some people just don't have much going on in their lives. I wouldn't worry about it.

Have you been able to fix it using the advice provided on there?
Haven't fixed it yet. I just do the Reboot to OFW route for now and I haven't powered down my switch since then. I'll try to report when I get home but I also would wait till Atmosphere gets fully updated. I am thinking maybe the pre-release has issues with Mariko. Emunand works fine on 14.0.0 though but my emunand is not updated because I only run emulators there.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mariko: Works fine. Seems like people are updating hekate but not updating atmosphere.

emuMMC firmware: download The firmware, launch emuMMC, install with daybreak. IIRC, AIO updater can grab the firmware for you on-console.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated both atmos and hekate but sysnand doesn't work. Not sure what the problem is. I even deleted the atmos folder and paste the new one.
EDIT: Nevermind. Was going to ask about fusee, but you're not using that. Hit me up in a DM and let me see your folder structure, exosphere.ini and hekate_ipl.ini.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: Nevermind. Was going to ask about fusee, but you're not using that.
Here's my config for sysnand

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

I'm been using this since last update. Not sure why it's not working now. Must be an issue with package3 or something.

ertaboy356b

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my config for sysnand

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1

I'm been using this since last update. Not sure why it's not working now. Must be an issue with package3 or something.

Issue fixed.

As suggested by @urherenow, after downloading the hekate and atmosphere zip files on Windows, you need to go to "Properties" of each file and see if an "unblock" checkbox is available. Check that checkbox then extract the file and paste the files to your SD Card.

It works now, thanks a lot for all the help.

Reactions: urherenow

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue fixed.

As suggested by @urherenow, after downloading the hekate and atmosphere zip files on Windows, you need to go to "Properties" of each file and see if an "unblock" checkbox is available. Check that checkbox then extract the file and paste the files to your SD Card.

It works now, thanks a lot for all the help.
TBH that's probably the issue of every person in the github thread that turned into a dumpster fire.

BrownJesu5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the latest ES, FS, & Loader patches on your SD card?
yes i have the latest sigpatches. ive tried redownloading everything and installing again still not working

ok so maybe they had the wrong files up or something. cause i just redownloaded the sigpatches.. but still having a problem.. now it says i need the software in order to play.

ok so now i found out those are only update files.. it still will not install regular games. giving me the error still

Last edited by BrownJesu5,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i have the latest sigpatches. ive tried redownloading everything and installing again still not working

ok so maybe they had the wrong files up or something. cause i just redownloaded the sigpatches.. but still having a problem.. now it says i need the software in order to play.

ok so now i found out those are only update files.. it still will not install regular games. giving me the error still
Not all places have the updated patches. Where did you download yours from?

theiconrichie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all my games work but can't install with Awoo or gold leaf or DBI or Tinfoil. all the same error installing any game. current games work fine. yes i have the current sigpatches or games wouldn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.