Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find Goldtree v.5 anywhere as I can't use Goldtree v.4 to install NSPs using Goldleaf .5 (which I do have on CFW). Everybody else should be running into this problem so can somebody please provide a link to GoldTREE v.5?
Well if you downloaded the latest Goldleaf, the download link to Goldtree V0.5 is literally underneath it unless you didn't grab it from the Github page.

boubou34

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE="You can do that or you can use the homebrew application choixdujour to update your firmware without going online. Bear in mind you will have to track down the system update firmware files yourself but they are a Google search away.[/QUOTE]

yes but i'd like to play online on my legit games. So i'm good to go right ? not too risky ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Is there a way to add a Nintendo account without going online? Some nsp games are requiring me to sign in. It's a 6.2 switch on SX OS. Thanks
No

[QUOTE="You can do that or you can use the homebrew application choixdujour to update your firmware without going online. Bear in mind you will have to track down the system update firmware files yourself but they are a Google search away.

yes but i'd like to play online on my legit games. So i'm good to go right ? not too risky ?[/QUOTE]Seems like a bad idea to play online with a hacked console if you ask me.

JPCtheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While exFAT works fine for some people, overall its inferior to FAT32 because you didn't read about any of the people who had corruption or black screens when using it. The file size restriction can easily be bypassed by either splitting your files or installing them via USB/network which makes FAT32 better than exFAT. There is absolutely no reason to use exFAT on the Switch, at least until Nintendo or someone else makes it so exFAT can't corrupt the SD card anymore. Just use FAT32 and remake your EmuNAND. You haven't really done much so there is nothing useful in your old one that you would need to preserve.[/QUOTE]

The same thing is still happening. When I click boot custom firmware, the screen just turns black. The only thing that happened differently this time is the license screen didn't pop up when I restarted the switch like it did the first time, so I just used the same license file from the first time. I feel like I am missing something very simple. Also the guide I followed didn't say anything about payloads and when I click on options , it says there are no payloads. Does this possibly have anything to do with it? Thank's

Also sorry I have posted a couple of different times the same thing using different accounts on this site, but for some reason I randomly get logged out and can't log back in for a while. Hope that's alright

Last edited by JPCtheGamer,

CCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone. I finally got my switch and Just finished doing a full backup/restore thanks to the guide provided by Canna.

I am currently on Verson 4.1

So My biggest question is what next? I dont mind loosing online play... Should I update my firmware or do I try installing a CFW? I will continue to read around the forum to see what is best. But if anyone can chip in any steps I should take

Thank you in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same thing is still happening. When I click boot custom firmware, the screen just turns black. The only thing that happened differently this time is the license screen didn't pop up when I restarted the switch like it did the first time, so I just used the same license file from the first time. I feel like I am missing something very simple. Also the guide I followed didn't say anything about payloads and when I click on options , it says there are no payloads. Does this possibly have anything to do with it? Thank's

Also sorry I have posted a couple of different times the same thing using different accounts on this site, but for some reason I randomly get logged out and can't log back in for a while. Hope that's alright
Not related to your problem but quoting seems to be a bit broken.

Anyways, how did you format to FAT32? What cluster/allocation size did you use?

Hello Everyone. I finally got my switch and Just finished doing a full backup/restore thanks to the guide provided by Canna.

I am currently on Verson 4.1

So My biggest question is what next? I dont mind loosing online play... Should I update my firmware or do I try installing a CFW? I will continue to read around the forum to see what is best. But if anyone can chip in any steps I should take

Thank you in advance.
I think its better for you to setup CFW then update your firmware as you can update your firmware without burning fuses with a homebrew application named ChoiDujourNX. Fuses are designed to prevent you from downgrading which is useful in case future exploits are released for lower firmwares such as a theoretical untethered coldboot exploit.

Also you never install a CFW on any device that you hack.

CCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think its better for you to setup CFW then update your firmware as you can update your firmware without burning fuses with a homebrew application named ChoiDujourNX. Fuses are designed to prevent you from downgrading which is useful in case future exploits are released for lower firmwares such as a theoretical untethered coldboot exploit.

THank you for the response I appreciate it.
I will make sure to setup a CFW before updating, if you dont mind me asking what is your preferred/favorite and why(cfw)

JPCtheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank's for replying back. I used fat32 format from a Ridgecrop website. I left it on the default 32768 allocation unit size.

Thank's

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THank you for the response I appreciate it.
I will make sure to setup a CFW before updating, if you dont mind me asking what is your preferred/favorite and why(cfw)
I really don't have a preferred CFW as I believe each CFW serves its own purpose and everyone has different goals for CFW. SX OS is the best piracy CFW as it natively supports both .XCI and .NSP files but its also the only one you have to pay for. ReiNX is a CFW designed for end users as its lightweight and easy to setup. Atmosphere isn't being developed for end users in mind but it may be the only CFW to be updated after SX OS and ReiNX support ends.
Thank's for replying back. I used fat32 format from a Ridgecrop website. I left it on the default 32768 allocation unit size.

Thank's
Just so we know its not an SX OS issue, try loading another CFW such as ReiNX or Atmosphere.

JPCtheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't have a preferred CFW as I believe each CFW serves its own purpose and everyone has different goals for CFW. SX OS is the best piracy CFW as it natively supports both .XCI and .NSP files but its also the only one you have to pay for. ReiNX is a CFW designed for end users as its lightweight and easy to setup. Atmosphere isn't being developed for end users in mind but it may be the only CFW to be updated after SX OS and ReiNX support ends.
Just so we know its not an SX OS issue, try loading another CFW such as ReiNX or Atmosphere.

I hate to keep asking stuff, but do I just download one of those and swap boot.dat with it? I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid and messing it up. I think I am way overthinking this and missing something simple.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hate to keep asking stuff, but do I just download one of those and swap boot.dat with it? I want to make sure I'm not doing something stupid and messing it up. I think I am way overthinking this and missing something simple.

Just wanted to say thank's for the help. I just re-downloaded the 2.6.1 again and tried it before trying the ones you mentioned and it worked. You definitely were on to something with that being the issue. Thank's again for the help

Reactions: Draxzelex

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi my switch is on firmware 7.0.1 and i have managed to boot hekate and backup my NAND .

Now im trying to boot atmosphere CFW but when i push the fusee payload i get the splashscreen of atmosphere then it seems to reset the console and i get the default nintendo logo then nintendo switch logo and boots into stock horizon .

My MicroSD is formatted to exfat . I have the exfat update on the switch. I am using Cosmos v.11

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

mikey1armstrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hi, Is there a way to add a Nintendo account without going online? Some nsp games are requiring me to sign in. It's a 6.2 switch on SX OS. Thanks
No

hmm ok so why do people bother making the nsp available for these games?

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using SX OS and REINX. I thought I'd give Atmosphere a try. I downloaded and installed the latest Kosmos.
But I can't access the Homebrew menu. It just opens the album. And YES hbl.nsp is in my atmosphere folder.
What do I need to do?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using SX OS and REINX. I thought I'd give Atmosphere a try. I downloaded and installed the latest Kosmos.
But I can't access the Homebrew menu. It just opens the album. And YES hbl.nsp is in my atmosphere folder.
What do I need to do?

Hold R to enter homebrew menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!