Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! Is the album no longer an option in Atmosphere?

Without holding R you get into the photo album, holding R get you into CFW, originally you have to press R in the first place, then they change it and they change it back to R again, you can get into without holding R I believe but you have to mess around with the config.

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without holding R you get into the photo album, holding R get you into CFW, originally you have to press R in the first place, then they change it and they change it back to R again, you can get into without holding R I believe but you have to mess around with the config.
Cool, thanks!

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I have loaded into a particular CFW, is there someway to reboot into another CFW.
I have a custom Boot.dat set to automatically boot into REINX. But if I wanted to boot into Atmosphere or Hekate without changing back to the original boot.dat or using a PC, is there a homebrew app that allows me to do that?

storm1981

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I know it's the nood thread but I have here a very noob question after reading 10 times "Internal modchip - SAMD21 (Trinket M0, Gemma M0, ItsyBitsy M0 Express) Guide, Files & Support" thread :

I ordered a trinket m0 and I would like to modify my son's switch. I would like to be able to use OFW (power) and CFW (power + Vol+).

But I'm lost when it comes to flash the trinket.

Will it work if I connect the trinket to my pc, inject "SWITCHBOOT_TRINKET_JOYCON.uf2" and then after rebooting the trinket, I inject the "TRINKET_GENERIC_DONGLE_SIMPLE_UF2_V096.UF2" ?

Regards.

David.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once I have loaded into a particular CFW, is there someway to reboot into another CFW.
I have a custom Boot.dat set to automatically boot into REINX. But if I wanted to boot into Atmosphere or Hekate without changing back to the original boot.dat or using a PC, is there a homebrew app that allows me to do that?

You can try Argon or use Hekate to boot into what you want to boot into.

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try Argon or use Hekate to boot into what you want to boot into.
If I'm not mistaken you can't load those directly from another firmware... so that is outside the parameters of my question. I would need to revert to my original boot.dat or use a PC, both of which inherently give alternative payload options.
My intent is that I don't want to have to select a payload on every boot, hence my modified boot.dat, and yet I would like to be able to switch to a different payload if needed for some feature, without having to modify my sd card contents or hooking up to my computer. I know this is a luxury. I'm just trying to find out if this ability has already been developed.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken you can't load those directly from another firmware... so that is outside the parameters of my question. I would need to revert to my original boot.dat or use a PC, both of which inherently give alternative payload options.
My intent is that I don't want to have to select a payload on every boot, hence my modified boot.dat, and yet I would like to be able to switch to a different payload if needed for some feature, without having to modify my sd card contents or hooking up to my computer. I know this is a luxury. I'm just trying to find out if this ability has already been developed.

Get a mod chip then.

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can setup auto boot but you need to go through Hekate if or argon to boot into another CFW outside of the one you set as auto boot, modchip would save you the trouble of using a computer or a dongle since it is internal.
Does that mean Hekate can be set to autoboot into a specified payload, or you still have to select the desired payload each time?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean Hekate can be set to autoboot into a specified payload, or you still have to select the desired payload each time?

You can set to one desire payload to boot, you gotta configure the hekate_ipl to something like this , for what I did for SX Os.

[config]
autoboot=2
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
{AtlasNX/Kosmos v12.0.1}
{ }
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/SXOS.bin
{ }
{---- Miscellaneous ---}
[Stock]
stock=1
{ }

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can set to one desire payload to boot, you gotta configure the hekate_ipl to something like this , for what I did for SX Os.

[config]
autoboot=2
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
{AtlasNX/Kosmos v12.0.1}
{ }
{Discord: discord.teamatlasnx.com}
{Github: git.teamatlasnx.com}
{Patreon: patreon.teamatlasnx.com}
{ }
{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW]
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/SXOS.bin
{ }
{---- Miscellaneous ---}
[Stock]
stock=1
{ }

So if it is set to autoboot a specific payload, is there a way to interrupt the autoboot and make a separate selection? Or a way to change the autoboot selection from the homebrew menu?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if it is set to autoboot a specific payload, is there a way to interrupt the autoboot and make a separate selection? Or a way to change the autoboot selection from the homebrew menu?

You can disable it in hekate, by holding volume - I think and also by deleting the line in hekate ipl

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can disable it in hekate, by holding volume - I think and also by deleting the line in hekate ipl
Great... I used your ini above and it does autoboot and allow you to interrupt the autoboot. Exactly what I was looking for!

Only one problem. I can't get REINX to run from Hekate. After the splash it just goes to a black screen and I have to do a long power down.
This happens both with autoboot and using Hekate to launch REINX as a payload normally.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great... I used your ini above and it does autoboot and allow you to interrupt the autoboot. Exactly what I was looking for!

Only one problem. I can't get REINX to run from Hekate. After the splash it just goes to a black screen and I have to do a long power down.
This happens both with autoboot and using Hekate to launch REINX as a payload normally.

You have to edit the hekate_ipl, I don't have ReiNX set up as autoboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo