Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just installed Atmosphere 0.8.5. Does that mean i can now turn the swith off by choosing Power Options and then power off and it will turn off like it should(not going into RCM and waste my battery)?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Atmosphere 0.8.5. Does that mean i can now turn the swith off by choosing Power Options and then power off and it will turn off like it should(not going into RCM and waste my battery)?
If you mean while AutoRCM is enabled then yes as the Switch is designed to power off normally when you turn it off from the Power Options menu as long as its not plugged into a power source.

rodan100919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues with the latest version of Edizon causing my switch to crash. Error code 2000-0000 on title 0100000000000012. Atmos 0.8.6 (not Kosmos), fresh install. Even reformatted the SD card and copied everything back over. Tried both downloading it from GitHub and the HB store after completely removing it from my SD. Did the recommended changes on GitHub to Atmos's system.ini and I've tried both hekate and fusee-primary. I'm doing something wrong I'm sure, I just can't figure out what else to try.

EDIT: Figures the minute I'd give up and post about it I'd find the solution. idontknowwhattoputthere brought this up last week. For anyone having the same issue, just download the latest nightly or wait till the next release.

Last edited by rodan100919,

Rengetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No one has been banned for that yet. Every firmware is exploitable on unpatched consoles.
2) Yeah but if you boot in OFW without custom payload fuses will be burned. If you put your console in sleep modes it’s still in OFW or CFW after wake up.

1) So it is safe to update sysNAND with ChoidojourNX and go online /use the eshop? (I understand if I boot using OFM switches will burn) I'm planning to buy some of the indie games.

2) if so, I'll use SX OX to boot to sysNAND right? (which is a different option than using SX OX to boot to OFW right? )

3) when i restore NAND backups I know I lose installed games. Do I also lose game saves? How can I preserve game save data?

4) is there a way to keep my purchased eshop games from getting erased so I don't have to re-download every time I load a NAND backup?

Thank you!

Last edited by Rengetsu,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1) So it is safe to update sysNAND with ChoidojourNX and go online /use the eshop? (I understand if I boot using OFM switches will burn) I'm planning to buy some of the indie games.

2) if so, I'll use SX OX to boot to sysNAND right? (which is a different option than using SX OX to boot to OFW right? )

3) when i restore NAND backups I know I lose installed games. Do I also lose game saves? How can I preserve game save data?

4) is there a way to keep my purchased eshop games from getting erased so I don't have to re-download every time I load a NAND backup?

Thank you!
1) No, you update SysNAND with official system update. Never ever run any homebrew on SysNAND. You want to keep your SysNAND clean.
2) SysNAND is OFW.
3) If you restore a NAND backup, everything on your switch will be at the point when you created the backup. So use Checkpoint to create a backup of your saves before you restore the NAND backup (Of course you should only do that in EmuNAND, not in SysNAND).
4) No, you need to download everything again.

Reactions: Rengetsu
D

Deleted User

So last time I was in gba temp was for Wii u homebrew and intro to switch homebrew,but j forgot all that. Few questions, 1) I have a old launch switch on latest firmware, can I homebrew? 2) If I homebrew and install some nsps can I get banned ? 3) If I wanted to go back to stock to play online eg: Splatoon would it be easy to go to stock then play my other nsps without losing progress? Thanks for any information you can provide!

c0minzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So last time I was in gba temp was for Wii u homebrew and intro to switch homebrew,but j forgot all that. Few questions, 1) I have a old launch switch on latest firmware, can I homebrew? 2) If I homebrew and install some nsps can I get banned ? 3) If I wanted to go back to stock to play online eg: Splatoon would it be easy to go to stock then play my other nsps without losing progress? Thanks for any information you can provide!

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Only until you get banned

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a second hand, unpatched, unmodded console. It will probably come with 7.0.1.
What are the recommended steps to mod it?
Should I downgrade it to 6.2?
Could I then upgrade back to 7.0.1 to keep the pairing keys between versions?

Thank you!

c0minzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To Downgrade, you would need to constantly use AutoRCM to avoid burning fuses. I'd research it further before deciding to do that.

Personally, I'm staying on 7.0.1 myself for a while, as the hacks available are basically the same for 6.2 currently. And if/when 6.2 has something I really want that would make a permanent reliance of AutoRCM worthwhile, then I'll consider it, but until then I'm staying on this firmware and I recommend the same.

Reactions: DrDoctor

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a second hand, unpatched, unmodded console. It will probably come with 7.0.1.
What are the recommended steps to mod it?
Should I downgrade it to 6.2?
Could I then upgrade back to 7.0.1 to keep the pairing keys between versions?

Thank you!
No you should not downgrade. CFW works on 7.0.1.

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks @c0minzr, @pLaYeR^^.

So it's possible to both have 7.0.1 as sysnand (for online) and emunand (for offline)?

I've been spoiled with how organized the Wii U section was... I need to read on how to use AutoRCM. Is switchgui.de the best resource out there?

c0minzr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So it's possible to both have 7.0.1 as sysnand (for online) and emunand (for offline)?

I've been spoiled with how organized the Wii U section was... I need to read on how to use AutoRCM. Is switchgui.de the best resource out there?

It is yes, that's currently what I'm on mate :)

And trust me I know haha, literally was only within the last two weeks into hacking the Wii U and decided to take the leap and do my Switch as well.

Honestly the switchgui.de has a decent explaination here: https://switchgui.de/switch-guide/extras/autorcm/ but I'd also just search around, and ask people who decided to go down that path. Personally, I'd avoid it.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

SysNAND and EmuNAND firmware can be different or same, it doesn't matter.

DrDoctor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reading up on AutoRCM, it's suggesting a specific place to buy RCM jigs, and I noticed the pins on that one are closer together from what I saw when it was first discovered (and also what I still see browsing ebay).

What's the difference between these two?

http://anonym.es/?https://i.etsysta...6790a/1531599352/il_794xN.1531599352_fcnr.jpg

http://anonym.es/?https://cdn.shopi...oducts/[email protected]?v=1551851502

Edit: No, wait, they were closer when it was first out. So what's with the further apart ones now?

Edit #2: I guess they both do the same thing, from what I read.

Last edited by DrDoctor,

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reading up on AutoRCM, it's suggesting a specific place to buy RCM jigs, and I noticed the pins on that one are closer together from what I saw when it was first discovered (and also what I still see browsing ebay).

What's the difference between these two?

http://anonym.es/?https://i.etsysta...6790a/1531599352/il_794xN.1531599352_fcnr.jpg

http://anonym.es/?https://cdn.shopi...oducts/[email protected]?v=1551851502

Edit: No, wait, they were closer when it was first out. So what's with the further apart ones now?

Edit #2: I guess they both do the same thing, from what I read.

Just use a tin foil Man. You just use it once to enable AutoRCM and you will never need it again. What i did and it didn't cost me a dime

Last edited by Ninn,

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, 2 questions.

1. If I run all the CFW like checkpoint or the rabbit to update on emunand, my sysnand will still clear? (in case I want to update normally). Also, do you get your savedata of your sysnand on emunand when you create it? (I want to BU my original savefiles)
2. How important is to active autoRCM? I read its for convenience, but I also read that its corrupt a part of the system and if the console run out of battery then you can't turn it on. Can anyone explain me a bit deeper about this please :)

Last edited by SwTan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them.