Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, 2 questions.

1. If I run all the CFW like checkpoint or the rabbit to update on emunand, my sysnand will still clear? (in case I want to update normally). Also, do you get your savedata of your sysnand on emunand when you create it? (I want to BU my original savefiles)
2. How important is to active autoRCM? I read its for convenience, but I also read that its corrupt a part of the system and if the console run out of battery then you can't turn it on. Can anyone explain me a bit deeper about this please :)
1) Homebrew wont affect your SysNAND if you run it on EmuNAND. When you create EmuNAND, it makes a 1:1 copy of your SysNAND including saves.
2) You should enable (by default) autoRCM when you update your firmware with ChoiDujourNX. So every time you boot now to OFW, you boot over custom boot loader (Atmosphere, SX OS, ...) and not over Nintendo boot loader. Because the Nintendo boot loader will burn fuses at first boot after update and make downgrading pretty useless for you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i have seen a thread about retroarch forwarders. Anyone have any idea on how to do this?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/generate-retroarch-nsp-forwarders-with-proper-icon-and-title.528775/

Budsixz

Gbatemp Gamemer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
so is there a way to know how many hours of a game I've played if I never linked a Nintendo account cause it doesn't show up on the profile thing for me

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yo so i installed dev menu to dump a special type of data on the switch while in atmosphere.

we want to make this as safe as possible, so we only want to install it in the cfw whenever we need to dump this data, around every month

will nintendo see any of those traces and is it of too much concern that it gets installed periodically?

we don't plan to install any other games or anything, it's very specific here.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
so is there a way to know how many hours of a game I've played if I never linked a Nintendo account cause it doesn't show up on the profile thing for me
No, you need Nintendo account linked for that.

yo so i installed dev menu to dump a special type of data on the switch while in atmosphere.

we want to make this as safe as possible, so we only want to install it in the cfw whenever we need to dump this data, around every month

will nintendo see any of those traces and is it of too much concern that it gets installed periodically?

we don't plan to install any other games or anything, it's very specific here.
As long as your console is connected to the internet, Nintendo can detect CFW (Atmosphere) and will very likely ban you sooner or later.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, I'm asking if dev menu leaves any specific traces behind after deleting it, we've been using cfw for specific reasons offline and no games while doing so and been totally fine

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again and thanks for answer! @pLaYeR^^

Excuse me, but I want to ask you a little more about Auto-RCM:
- So if I upgrade for example to "8.0" only on emunand, and then I boot OFW it will update automatically and burn efuses?
- It does affect in some way to sysnand having Auto-RCM enable on emunand?
- What it I run out of battery? I read people can't turn on the console?

Last edited by SwTan,

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yes, I'm asking if dev menu leaves any specific traces behind after deleting it, we've been using cfw for specific reasons offline and no games while doing so and been totally fine
CFW alone leaves traces...

Hello again and thanks for answer! @pLaYeR^^

Excuse me, but I want to ask you a little more about Auto-RCM:
- So if I upgrade for example to "8.0" only on emunand, and then I boot OFW it will update automatically and burn efuses?
- It does affect in some way to sysnand having Auto-RCM enable on emunand?
- What it I run out of battery? I read people can't turn on the console?
1) If you update EmuNAND with ChoiDujourNX and you leave AutoRCM enabled, it will not burn any fuses. Also CFW can't burn fuses since you can only boot there over custom boot loader. Dangerous is updating SysNAND without autoRCM.
2) You don't enable autoRCM for any NAND. You boot in RCM before you boot to SysNAND or EmuNAND.
3) Charge. The only important part is to no let your switch in RCM. Latest Atmosphere will shut down correctly if you just turn your console off. But earlier you needed to inject payload and turn off from RCM. Also if you charge your console during its powered off, it will enter RCM with autoRCM enabled.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it doesn't boot with the cfw though we only use rcm on the switch with payloads. call it inconvenient, but it's the only way we assume to leave it clean

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't boot with the cfw though we only use rcm on the switch with payloads. call it inconvenient, but it's the only way we assume to leave it clean

only if you have a clean nand backup then you restore your nand backup, booting into anything like Atmopshere, ReiNX it counts as booting into CFW.

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for answering, still a bit lost because I'm new in switch scene and I fear about my switch, I'm using SX OS pro (gonna install it this afternoon), so I think I will autoRCM for the moment and be carefully with the charge. I just don't want to get my sysnand unclean.

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we don't because the last one was several firmwares back.

we just boot into rcm with the cfw. we don't do anything except homebrew on it, no games, except for 'devmenu' which runs as an app in this menu.

otherwise we run the switch on online pretty much normal no cfw and we uninstall devmenu each time. most of it's installed on sd and only runs through rcm payloads not booting with the cfw or using sx or whatever. just rcm and payload, and then it switches off back to normal.

so far, nothing has happened because all we ever have done up to the point is use the album for homebrew mostly in secret. dev menu runs as a switch app like a game does, so we were concerned if it leaves traces by being installed as such. we don't install any other games, especially illegitimate, just regular games here.

please read what i darn typed. so far, we've been in clear because all we do is dump crap we never play games while online except when cfw is not running. we boot the switch normally to play online on it, no cfw inside, that is, unless it's injected in by rcm and the payload.

dev menu runs as a switch app, a game as if you were to boot mario odyssey or something. it's the only thing we installed for 5 seconds offline and then we booted back. beforehand, we've been playing no pirated games no crap for a year
we'd never done installing an app as a switch game before. keep that in mind. all of it was done thru the album. everything else.

Last edited by pinkupi13,

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How do i make reboot_to_payload reboot to hekate instead of Atmosphere?

In Atmosphere 0.8.6 it just reboots back to Atmosphere. In 0.8.5 it would reboot to hekate.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks for answering, still a bit lost because I'm new in switch scene and I fear about my switch, I'm using SX OS pro (gonna install it this afternoon), so I think I will autoRCM for the moment and be carefully with the charge. I just don't want to get my sysnand unclean.
AutoRCM doesn't change anything in NAND so it wont make your SysNAND unclean. Before you install SX OS, inject hekate payload and backup SysNAND and boot files. Than you have a clean backup and if you ever want to go back, just restore it with hekate.

Reactions: SwTan

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i make reboot_to_payload reboot to hekate instead of Atmosphere?

In Atmosphere 0.8.6 it just reboots back to Atmosphere. In 0.8.5 it would reboot to hekate.

In the atmosphere folder replace the reboot_payload.bin file with hekate bin file, and rename it to reboot_payload.bin.

Reactions: Ninn

Rengetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) No, you update SysNAND with official system update. Never ever run any homebrew on SysNAND. You want to keep your SysNAND clean.
2) SysNAND is OFW.
3) If you restore a NAND backup, everything on your switch will be at the point when you created the backup. So use Checkpoint to create a backup of your saves before you restore the NAND backup (Of course you should only do that in EmuNAND, not in SysNAND).
4) No, you need to download everything again.

Thank you thankyou.

1) So if I wanted to keep my progress, once I download a game on sysNAND officially, I should probably create a new emuNAND so I can copy the official game over and only play it in emuNAND (offline) . Then when I restore NAND backups Ill maintain save progress using checkpoint. Right?

2) can you confirm: I should restore my clean NAND backup before going online and create a new backup after going online.

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM doesn't change anything in NAND so it wont make your SysNAND unclean. Before you install SX OS, inject hekate payload and backup SysNAND and boot files. Than you have a clean backup and if you ever want to go back, just restore it with hekate.

Can't I do the back up + create emunand in the own sx os menu? I watched some videos where people just get the nand backup from there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them