lismati

Speedrunner in practice
Trophies
Website
www.wiiplanet.info
XP
Country
Poland
I have a clean Switch, and as far as hacking goes, I’ll probably pass on it. I have a question playing used games tho:

Does Nintendo actually ban the physical cartridge if the game is dumped and played “illegitimately” by the original owner?
I’d rather not buy half a title’s worth, and not risk my switch getting banned.

I’ve seen reports online of that happening, but all of them are from the same date pretty much, so I imagine it’s just one site copying news off another

Ch0c0bo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I injtected a Skyrim save with checkpoint on Atmosphere and now I want to restore my NAND, if I do it, will I also loose my injected save ?

Cmora24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello Team,

I think I am on the right post

I just bought a Nintendo Switch and I want to hack it,

I was waiting for SX Team since a couple of friends showed to me how it works

My question here

The console has 6.2 so SX OS is not supported right now, but with the Atmosphere 0.8 and i would like to know if it is the same CFW that i can play switch games from the SD card or only provides a emulator of old games

Thanks a lot if someone can explain the difference on both CFW

Tekimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wow that is absolute false information. Don't ever use exfat.
There are multiple ways to install large games to FAT32:
Excuse me. I know it is bad to use exfat, That is why I am using a 64gb sd card formated to Fat32. My question is : is it also bad to have the exfat switch support update installed and use a Fat32 sd card?

noreason4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will receive my SX Pro in the mail by next week. I wonder wether there is a detailed tutorial floating around somewhere, that instructs what to do. I read you should backup NAND first.. but honestly... while I am fully aware on how to perform this on a Wii U and a 3DS, I have no idea in regard to the switch. Do you have any ideas on where to start? I am reading about "fuses" all the time.. no idea what that is either. Thx!

D

Deleted User

No because it isn't the sd card, it is the switch. The exfat is a special firmware update that needs to be enabled

Format the card back to fat f32 then use this

""

you need to find the firmware you want and install with exfat firmware using that program. Then you can reformat the sd card as exfat
Thanks. I'm going to look into this today.

Before I do that, I should probably mention the order I did the hack so far. I formatted my SD card to exfat on the computer (but NOT the switch). I ran the "Welcome to Switch hacking 101!" guide from this site. I did the whole process, dumped my nand, tried to launch CFW, and...nothing. Black screen. Is this because of the SD card being unreadable by the Switch?

I plan on doing the whole process over again, reformatting the card using the method you provided, etc. Do I need to do anything special to get back to stock firmware, like using the nand that i dumped? Will I need to redump the nand after I hack it again?

Thanks.

ctrl_j

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I really messed something up. I've installed homebrew on my switch before, but that was back during 5.x. I just did it standard with hekate and TegraRCMSmash and hbmenu. I got worried when the 6.0.0 update rolled around since Nintendo was probably going to pick up on checking for hacked systems, so I uninstalled everything from my SD. Just earlier today, I wanted to try and reinstall homebrew since things have improved since the last time I did it. My switch is on 6.2.0 and it is hackable. I should've waited until something was supported for 6.2.0 but of course I thought I could get it to work. So I used the same method as before and downloaded all the new files I needed. Long story short I tried using files from the older version of hekate since it wasn't recognizing the CFW and I ended up injecting the wrong file as a payload and now my switch won't turn on. I understand that it was an incredibly stupid thing to attempt and I shouldn't have taken the risk in the first place. I want to know if there's absolutely anything I can do to fix this. I make a full NAND backup of my system before I did anything. Can I just let the battery drain and then try turning it on again or something? I'm desperate for any help that I can get, seeing as Ultimate launches on Friday. Please, anything you can do is appreciated and I'm sorry for my pure stupidity.
(btw the file I injected was named "loader.kip1" from the sdfiles from my earlier attempt at homebrew, if that helps with anything. It won't allow me to upload it here)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so I really messed something up. I've installed homebrew on my switch before, but that was back during 5.x. I just did it standard with hekate and TegraRCMSmash and hbmenu. I got worried when the 6.0.0 update rolled around since Nintendo was probably going to pick up on checking for hacked systems, so I uninstalled everything from my SD. Just earlier today, I wanted to try and reinstall homebrew since things have improved since the last time I did it. My switch is on 6.2.0 and it is hackable. I should've waited until something was supported for 6.2.0 but of course I thought I could get it to work. So I used the same method as before and downloaded all the new files I needed. Long story short I tried using files from the older version of hekate since it wasn't recognizing the CFW and I ended up injecting the wrong file as a payload and now my switch won't turn on. I understand that it was an incredibly stupid thing to attempt and I shouldn't have taken the risk in the first place. I want to know if there's absolutely anything I can do to fix this. I make a full NAND backup of my system before I did anything. Can I just let the battery drain and then try turning it on again or something? I'm desperate for any help that I can get, seeing as Ultimate launches on Friday. Please, anything you can do is appreciated and I'm sorry for my pure stupidity.
(btw the file I injected was named "loader.kip1" from the sdfiles from my earlier attempt at homebrew, if that helps with anything. It won't allow me to upload it here)

Hold the power button for 15+ seconds to power console off

6.2 is supported by atmosphere only at this point in time. If you wish to run atmosphere on 6.2 and have the old files all you need to do is follow this

Atmosphere 0.8.2 on firmware 6.2
(hekate 4.2)

Edit: Also dude, wall of text, makes it very hard to read

Reactions: ctrl_j

ctrl_j

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACTUALLY crisis averted-- I held down on the power button while shifting my paperclip bridge in various positions on the right joy con rail and it turned back on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hold the power button for 15+ seconds to power console off

6.2 is supported by atmosphere only at this point in time. If you wish to run atmosphere on 6.2 and have the old files all you need to do is follow this

Atmosphere 0.8.2 on firmware 6.2 (hekate 4.2)

Edit: Also dude, wall of text, makes it very hard to read
Thank you so much! Sorry about all the text ~_~

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you still need a lakka for retroarch still? I've been avoiding it with the whole battery issues that it brings.

Paul1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

im new to "Switch" cfw thing. I read many tutorials and thread and got some Questions. Dont want to messed it up...
Switch Version: 5.1.0

I buyed OS SX and the dongle. If i upgrade to 6.2. the dongle will be useless thing. Or can i "upgrade" the dongle by myself later?

Last edited by Paul1987,

clarion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey-- made an account just to ask this question.

So, I'm currently running a copy of RajNX on stock FW 5.1.0. (For pirating Smash early.) I had updated to 6.1.0 prior, so i had to backup my NAND and force backdate and all, won't boot w/o TegraRCM, etc.

I was wondering if it would be feasible to delete pirated content on my switch + SD card, boot into Stock FW instead of CFW, and update to latest firmware? Would this cause a brick and/or ban?

Alternatively; My GF and I have 2 switches between us-- lots of modding seems to be on 5.1.0 and I am definitely still interested in modding my system. Would it be best to leave mine modded, and just play stock games on the other?

Thanks in advance for helping my dumb gay ass!

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What happens if you install a 6.2 required game or update to your switch? Will it update the switch or harm it in any way? Or will the game itself just don't strart?

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi guys, would a factory reset remove all traces of a CFW being used? I'm on 6.2 and want to use Atmosphere completely offline, and then factory reset once I'm done messing around so I can re-download my legit games to play online, and I figure that's currently the best way to minimise getting banned.

Would this work, or does evidence of hacking and installing homebrew/things you don't own persist after a reset?

lukaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried to play an .xci file. NS gives me an error says it could not read the game card.
OFW 4.1.0. with microSD 256 MB Guiformat 32768.
CFW SX OS

What is wrong?

Monkeydunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I bought a second hand Switch and it was already on 6.2 I've backed up the Nand and installed Atmosphere 8.0 on it.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't set it to auto RCM on boot for convenience?

Thanks in advance.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just hacked my switch today on Reinx, Im using the latest nightly of reinx.
I have updated the switch via choidujournx to 6.0.0-5.0, I allowed the switch to format my 128 gb exfat sd card.
I now have the issue where I cannot launch the homebrew menu on albums after booting into Reinx anymore.
I keep trying to launch albums and it just shows screenshots
No idea what Im doing wrong.

Last edited by frankadank,

jerzmob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont' know if this should be in noob section because all i want to know is if prior game updates are necessary to keep? for example, the current xenoblade & kirby updates have similar file size as the prior updates, so if i were install one of those games fresh, am i required to install previous updates before installing the latest one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu