Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ES patches stand for Eticket Services. As you might guess, you need an Eticket to launch a .NSP file. ES patches help forge fake tickets when installing .NSP files. However these fake tickets can only be launched in CFW hence why .NSP files cannot be launched in OFW.
Why isn't there a "Love" button? Just this crappy "Like" button. But I'm head over heels in love now :P Thanks buddy!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for clarifying. You da man!
I realized I didn't actually answer your question until I edited it. Sorry about that. Thanks for your kind words!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: zer01717

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I got a modable switch and an sx pro, should I use this thread or just the steps on the SX website?

Will backing up my nand allow me to recover from a brick? Do I have to leave it on the SD card or am I able to copy it to a few different places and copy it back when needed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I got a modable switch and an sx pro, should I use this thread or just the steps on the SX website?

Will backing up my nand allow me to recover from a brick? Do I have to leave it on the SD card or am I able to copy it to a few different places and copy it back when needed?
Follow their website. The tutorial you just linked is severely outdated and deserves to be unpinned.

Yes, the main purpose of dumping the NAND is to recover from a brick. You should make copies of your NAND once its dumped. It doesn't have to be left on the SD card.

Reactions: darkriku2000

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can you run atmosphere through sx os' emuNAND? I think you can boot other payloads at the sx os menu. And I assume that is available even when running emuNAND, but just want to double check.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you run atmosphere through sx os' emuNAND? I think you can boot other payloads at the sx os menu. And I assume that is available even when running emuNAND, but just want to double check.
No because their EmuNAND can only be launched via their bootloader. Launching external payloads will result in launching CFW on SysNAND.

jaderocc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
posted this in https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ol-xci-decrypting.506978/page-24#post-8400756 but that thread seems relatively inactive so i figured i'd post it in here too, maybe one of you can help~~

updated to 6.2 accidentally while mashing a to reset in lets go the other night. today i started the downgrade process, however when i was reading the guide i noticed it said if you had a working nand backup from before 6.2 you could just restore it. so i did that, attempting to restore my 6.1 nand backup. the guide didn't mention anything about boot0/boot1 so i didn't bother making any backups other than the previously existing rawnand i made when first setting cfw up on the switch. after doing that i'm getting the blue screen on boot from both ofw and cfw. i then was directed by google searches/scouring through a handful of threads that were almost all pointing to this guide with the goal of trying to recreate a boot0/boot1, which if i understand correctly means that if i could restore them i would be able to boot normally again. i was able to dump my hwi/sbk keys using biskeydump but i get an error on the tsec key (error getting tsec key retVal -11). this is where i'm getting stuck at - i saw people in this thread saying they got a keys.ini that solved this issue from that bins site, but when i connect to their ftp server i am unable to locate any keys.ini or keys anything in general. i'm super confused at this point on what i can/should do here. any suggestions are super appreciated. thanks in advance!

obsolete1101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to snag an unpatched Switch from BestBuy today, and I ordered the SX Pro from TX. So here's my question: While I wait for SX Pro to arrive, can I run ReiNX then switch over to the SX Pro once I receive it? Or should I wait to be safe?

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the main purpose of dumping the NAND is to recover from a brick. You should make copies of your NAND once its dumped. It doesn't have to be left on the SD card.
Thanks, I'm right in assuming this guide is fine for a brand new switch right?

Edit: Scratch that I can do it with hektate and sx

Last edited by darkriku2000,

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I noticed that the switch has the ability to transfer user data from one switch to another over Wi-Fi. Can this be done if one of the switches isn't on the latest firmware?

mousan

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hi.. Sorry for noob question, are biskeys related to firmware version because I dump them under 6.1.0 but my clean nand is about 6.0.1 version. Thank you

Last edited by mousan,

darkpleco416

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered a new switch. Can i get SXOS on it? What's the difference between SXOS and the pro?Will i be able to play backup of the new pokemon game with SXOS?

pingin910

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys,
i have a couple of question related to ChoiDujourNX and autorcm. i have a switch on 4.1 ofw, and am planning to update it to 6.1 using ChoiDujourNX.

1a. if upgrade on sysnand - will i be able to turn off autorcm, once i have upgraded in order to not have a battery draining issue (i plan to use it sporadically, so i don't mind applying the payload again)
1b. if upgrade on emunand - if i use sx os and emunand, will i be able to only update cfw, and turn off autorcm mode on my cfw

2. if the above is not possible and i don't want to downgrade later - burnt switches OK, is there a way i can update to 6.1 (official update will take me to 6.2, which will break cfw)

Thanks!

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I'm on firmware 4.1 but it says I need to install an update if I want to use my sdxc card. Am I correct in assuming that means it'll update my firmware? Is there any way around this?

gundamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I'm on firmware 4.1 but it says I need to install an update if I want to use my sdxc card. Am I correct in assuming that means it'll update my firmware? Is there any way around this?

the answer is below, search it up. it can install the exfat driver.
ChoiDujourNX

darkriku2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have that on my micro sd with firmware version 5.1 but I can't get in to use it. When I boot my switch it gives me the warning about the sd card and if I press "album" it just blinks and stays on the home screen. Is there some way to update outside of the home menu?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs