Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did figure out what folder to put the resulting file into. But nobody shows how you get it to work. it just does. nobody has responded on the thread yet so id thought id try here. I had to transfer it to the Titles folder. I tried both in ReiNX and Atmosphere but nothing seems to have worked. the folder is in my SD card but nothing is working. is there something i dont understand about the "titles Folder?

riroku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a switch that is hackable but currently have a Pokemon edition nintendo switch on pre-order. Unfortunately, I can't keep both so I plan on selling the hackable one away since it feels like a waste to cancel the pokemon edition since it's sold out. Will the Pokemon Edition of the Switch be hackable or possibly in the future?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a switch that is hackable but currently have a Pokemon edition nintendo switch on pre-order. Unfortunately, I can't keep both so I plan on selling the hackable one away since it feels like a waste to cancel the pokemon edition since it's sold out. Will the Pokemon Edition of the Switch be hackable or possibly in the future?
the pokemon edition is most likely unhackable. if you aren't banned on the first console then i guess it could be a good sale. If i was you i would stop the pre-order and just buy the cartage version instead. then back it up.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can almost guarantee the pokemon switch will not be hackable with current methods. As for being hacked in the future we don't know, you'll have to take the risk of it never being hacked if you don't keep the hackable one.

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I need to know how fucked up am I now, I left my console at home and my girl decided it was ok to click update on my console, despite the fact I had 90dns setup in my console, autorcm boot, firm 5.0.1 and a band backup from 4.0.1 (because I updated to 5.0.1 using the safe way to not burn fuses) apparently none of that is girlfriend proof, because I don't know how she updated my console and now is on 6.1.0 and booting normally, so I have 4 questions:

1.- Why my console got updated if I had 90dns protection on it?

2.- I haven't tested yet but is it safe to assume that Im no longer able to go back to 4.0.1 cause the fuses should be burned and that my console is now banned?

3.- thanks God my console is not one of the patched one sos should I still make a new nand backup even tho everything is fucked up now? Considering that with the fuses burned my 4.0.1 clean nand backup is useless

4.- im being asked to update my controller firmware, should I update it or leave it as it is ATM?

Stern1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi.
My nintendo switch frameware version is 6.1.0, which I have accidently updated to that, officially from nintendo servers. I also have got the recent joycon update which was a small update.
Now I want hack my switch, but I have noticed that Reinx and other cfws are not working properly on 6.1.0 and I'll face with problems like Auto RCM problem and etc.
Now I'm uncertain that if I should wait a few days or weeks for team Reinx solving problems on 6.1.0 in the future version (I don't know if they are ever working on it)
or downgrade to 6.0.1? Talking about downgrading, will that also undo the joycon update? (which I have heard causes some problems in RCM Mode)
and where I can get 6.0.1 frameware files for downgrading?
appearantly, this downgrading thing contains some risks like bricking and burning fuses... for breaking I have made a nand backup by hekate. but I don't know about burning fuses.
I would be really thankful if somebody answer this questions.

Thank you in advance.

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is system update via ChoiDujourNX somehow different to normal update procedure? I remember someone here saying that after updating with it, SX OS started to behave weird, but I can't find that post now.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to know how fucked up am I now, I left my console at home and my girl decided it was ok to click update on my console, despite the fact I had 90dns setup in my console, autorcm boot, firm 5.0.1 and a band backup from 4.0.1 (because I updated to 5.0.1 using the safe way to not burn fuses) apparently none of that is girlfriend proof, because I don't know how she updated my console and now is on 6.1.0 and booting normally, so I have 4 questions:

1.- Why my console got updated if I had 90dns protection on it?

2.- I haven't tested yet but is it safe to assume that Im no longer able to go back to 4.0.1 cause the fuses should be burned and that my console is now banned?

3.- thanks God my console is not one of the patched one sos should I still make a new nand backup even tho everything is fucked up now? Considering that with the fuses burned my 4.0.1 clean nand backup is useless

4.- im being asked to update my controller firmware, should I update it or leave it as it is ATM?
  1. Its possible Nintendo added a new URL that downloads system updates
  2. You can but you will need to use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check such as Hekate, ReiNX, Fusee, etc. And even once you do, your console will be unable to wake up from sleep mode
  3. That is solely up to you but it is recommended
  4. Do not update your Joy-Cons if you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10
Hi.
My nintendo switch frameware version is 6.1.0, which I have accidently updated to that, officially from nintendo servers. I also have got the recent joycon update which was a small update.
Now I want hack my switch, but I have noticed that Reinx and other cfws are not working properly on 6.1.0 and I'll face with problems like Auto RCM problem and etc.
Now I'm uncertain that if I should wait a few days or weeks for team Reinx solving problems on 6.1.0 in the future version (I don't know if they are ever working on it)
or downgrade to 6.0.1? Talking about downgrading, will that also undo the joycon update? (which I have heard causes some problems in RCM Mode)
and where I can get 6.0.1 frameware files for downgrading?
appearantly, this downgrading thing contains some risks like bricking and burning fuses... for breaking I have made a nand backup by hekate. but I don't know about burning fuses.
I would be really thankful if somebody answer this questions.

Thank you in advance.
All CFW work properly on firmware 6.1
Is system update via ChoiDujourNX somehow different to normal update procedure? I remember someone here saying that after updating with it, SX OS started to behave weird, but I can't find that post now.
Updating with ChoiDujourNX can ensure you have AutoRCM enabled after the update since normal system updates remove AutoRCM and thus burn fuses.

Reactions: Stern1991

PT333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating with ChoiDujourNX can ensure you have AutoRCM enabled after the update since normal system updates remove AutoRCM and thus burn fuses.

I know that, I just wonder if it does apply update somehow differently, so system can become buggy

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
  1. Its possible Nintendo added a new URL that downloads system updates
  2. You can but you will need to use a bootloader that bypasses the fuse check such as Hekate, ReiNX, Fusee, etc. And even once you do, your console will be unable to wake up from sleep mode
  3. That is solely up to you but it is recommended
  4. Do not update your Joy-Cons if you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10

Ok so since I'm fucked and I can't downgrade anymore, I use 9 and 10 yes but I could also use the paperclip to enter RCM which if I remember correctly uses 1 and 10, not that it matters now that I enable AutoRCM back, so that means I can safely update the joy cons, my next question will be amni banned? How do I safely test for that? I'm also getting game updates and I still have 90dns enable, is that normal?

Last edited by mediavieja,

BDP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys,

I'm losing my mind and need help. Wasted an entire Sunday. Fresh Switch, purchased early summer, serial is XAW400116XXXXX. All the guides I see show this switch is not near the ranges for patched ones showing up in the wild. Firmware is 4.0.1.

Took it fresh out of the box and booted it once, did not go online. Using the NS-Atmosphere dongle I am able to easily get into RCM mode and see the payload's boot screen options but I am stuck after that. Using the default version 1.0.3 SD Files from the NS-Atmopshere website I get into RCM and select "launch". The screen flashes for a second, goes dark, I then see the Switch logo and the system boots. Go into Album and just see the default screen.

The dongle is definitely working as if I change the payload bin to Hekate it loads Hekate. Hekate then says there are no configurations or payloads found. So that's a no-go.

MicroSD card has been formatted FAT32 (as I have not taken any updates yet to allow the Switch to read exFAT).

In the root directory of the SD are NS-Atmosphere.bin and hbmenu.nro. Also have subfolders for EDIZon, ReiNX, switch, and tinfoil. Lots of apps in the switch folder but since I don't see them when I go into the Album I assume my payload just isn't loading.

So I have determined I either have a patched system or I am missing something painfully obvious here. After 4 hours today I am giving up, can someone please lend a hand or set me straight? I'd really appreciate knowing what I am missing here. My next attempt was going to be to connect the switch to my PC and run the TegraSmash command just to make sure it's not patched but I don't seem to have a USB-C cable.

Help??? Is the fact I can at least see the payload menu in RCM mode a good thing or does that not mean anything? What am I missing here?

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys,

I'm losing my mind and need help. Wasted an entire Sunday. Fresh Switch, purchased early summer, serial is XAW400116XXXXX. All the guides I see show this switch is not near the ranges for patched ones showing up in the wild. Firmware is 4.0.1.

Took it fresh out of the box and booted it once, did not go online. Using the NS-Atmosphere dongle I am able to easily get into RCM mode and see the payload's boot screen options but I am stuck after that. Using the default version 1.0.3 SD Files from the NS-Atmopshere website I get into RCM and select "launch". The screen flashes for a second, goes dark, I then see the Switch logo and the system boots. Go into Album and just see the default screen.

The dongle is definitely working as if I change the payload bin to Hekate it loads Hekate. Hekate then says there are no configurations or payloads found. So that's a no-go.

MicroSD card has been formatted FAT32 (as I have not taken any updates yet to allow the Switch to read exFAT).

In the root directory of the SD are NS-Atmosphere.bin and hbmenu.nro. Also have subfolders for EDIZon, ReiNX, switch, and tinfoil. Lots of apps in the switch folder but since I don't see them when I go into the Album I assume my payload just isn't loading.

So I have determined I either have a patched system or I am missing something painfully obvious here. After 4 hours today I am giving up, can someone please lend a hand or set me straight? I'd really appreciate knowing what I am missing here. My next attempt was going to be to connect the switch to my PC and run the TegraSmash command just to make sure it's not patched but I don't seem to have a USB-C cable.

Help??? Is the fact I can at least see the payload menu in RCM mode a good thing or does that not mean anything? What am I missing here?

Did u try to follow the guide to see if ur console is patched or not?

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Guys,

Wasted an entire Sunday eh???

I know the feeling, my hacking activities also went to shit at the end of the day....But maybe I can help you out alteast

Anyway, the fact that you can launch a Payload at all is definite proof that your console is not patched, so that's good atleast. Now, I thought that perhaps your SD card was formatted as exfat and that you were missing the update, but like you said, your card is fat32.

But you MIGHT have missed something very obvious. If by "default screen" you mean the album itself shows and not the HomeBrew Launcher, I'll suggest holding down the "R" button while entering the album, as this is required for some CFW. I checked out the SD Files package you mentioned and can't see any files where you could configure this, but it might still be your problem.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so since I'm fucked and I can't downgrade anymore, I use 9 and 10 yes but I could also use the paperclip to enter RCM which if I remember correctly uses 1 and 10, not that it matters now that I enable AutoRCM back, so that means I can safely update the joy cons, my next question will be amni banned? How do I safely test for that? I'm also getting game updates and I still have 90dns enable, is that normal?
Just try accessing the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: what's that