Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Most homebrew apps and games will not run on firmware 1.0 so I suggest you update your firmware. For updating your firmware, I suggest using ChoiDujourNX since it won't burn fuses when you update which prevent downgrades in the first place. Do note it will install AutoRCM by default to prevent fuses from being burnt if you happen to boot into non-RCM OFW however AutoRCM is harmless and more useful than most people believe. If you have any doubts or concerns about AutoRCM, I would highly recommend you read through this thread then ask any other questions: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...es-not-turn-off-a-switch-with-autorcm.515402/

So with AutoRCM installed, is there any way to charge the Switch at a normal rate? Also if I do eventually need to downgrade back to 1.0, does the downgrade process (or NAND restore) remove AutoRCM? Are there any SD card corruption concerns with AutoRCM? If I primarily play the Switch docked/plugged in, is this any harder on the battery than running a standard non-hacked firmware? Is the sleep mode drain any worse than a standard setup? Thanks again!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with AutoRCM installed, is there any way to charge the Switch at a normal rate? Also if I do eventually need to downgrade back to 1.0, does the downgrade process (or NAND restore) remove AutoRCM? Are there any SD card corruption concerns with AutoRCM? If I primarily play the Switch docked/plugged in, is this any harder on the battery than running a standard non-hacked firmware? Is the sleep mode drain any worse than a standard setup? Thanks again!
As long as you do not charge the Switch in RCM, it will charge at a normal rate. For example, it will charge normally in sleep mode or during active play.

Depending on how you downgrade, it won't be removed Automatically. You can downgrade with ChoiDujourNX but you will have to toggle off the installation of AutoRCM when downgrading with that. You can also downgrade by restoring both the rawnand.bin and boot0/boot1 which will remove AutoRCM if you backed up boot0/boot1 before installing AutoRCM.

AutoRCM is unaffected by playstyle whether it be docked, handheld, or tabletop mode.

Sleep mode drain is unaffected by AutoRCM.

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so I already have sx os and 5.1.0 with exfat support and other stuff, is it safe to just format my SD card to exFat after I backed up all of my files? (sounds like a stupid question but I want to be really sure)

also can we just convert an sd card to exfat without losing data?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I already have sx os and 5.1.0 with exfat support and other stuff, is it safe to just format my SD card to exFat after I backed up all of my files? (sounds like a stupid question but I want to be really sure)

also can we just convert an sd card to exfat without losing data?
Sounds good to me. Just be on the lookout for corruption while using exFAT. There is currently no way to avoid it so try to minimize it by closing homebrew without using the Home Button.

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds good to me. Just be on the lookout for corruption while using exFAT. There is currently no way to avoid it so try to minimize it by closing homebrew without using the Home Button.

So should I just avoid homebrew in general? lmao the only time I used it is to install exfat update

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. I have trouble installing 1 game and every timne I go to load it, my Switch console freezes. I have two different dumps and am thinking I may need to install it using a different nsp installer rather than the default one in SX os. Can someone please tell me different ways to install nsp?

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got banned about three days ago and just wondering if I restore my clean nand would I still be banned. Don’t know if anyone tried that. Only asking because I’m not to sure if the cert is even located in the nand. Never was really going to pay for online service but still curious about this.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again. I have trouble installing 1 game and every timne I go to load it, my Switch console freezes. I have two different dumps and am thinking I may need to install it using a different nsp installer rather than the default one in SX os. Can someone please tell me different ways to install nsp?
Use the homebrew application, Tinfoil. The latest version, 0.2.1, also has an NSP verify function in it.
I just got banned about three days ago and just wondering if I restore my clean nand would I still be banned. Don’t know if anyone tried that. Only asking because I’m not to sure if the cert is even located in the nand. Never was really going to pay for online service but still curious about this.
Bans are applied to the console certificate which is stored in the NAND; more specifically, within the PRODINFO partition of SYS. By the way, since you are banned, may you kindly submit a ban report which you can do so from checking out this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub-warning.508710/

Reactions: mesakagi

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could you elaborate this?

To my knowledge they support what is called partial dumping, meaning if you don't have 32gb of free space on the SD card, it will dump the nand in 15 2gb parts or 30 1gb parts.

You do need copy each part off and join them afterwards though.

Again @Draxzelex should be able to elaborate

Reactions: OneForAll

Supapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To my knowledge they support what is called partial dumping, meaning if you don't have 32gb of free space on the SD card, it will dump the nand in 15 2gb parts or 30 1gb parts.

I just finished the REINX guide and were at the NAND backup part, so i'm extremely new to this Switch scene and all. If it is possible, where and how could i do it?
Edit.: I did find partial NAND dump with the Hekate. How much trouble do i have to change between ReiNX and Hekate?

Last edited by Supapo,
Reactions: OneForAll

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
''A software update is required, Update Data will be downloaded now'' Cancel or Download

My switch has never been online but should I fetch this data to play my game? It is xci format. Is this safe?

I check on nswdb.co and saw the minimum firmware required for this game is 3.0 something but I am on 5.10. This is very strange

Last edited by mesakagi,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just finished the REINX guide and were at the NAND backup part, so i'm extremely new to this Switch scene and all. If it is possible, where and how could i do it?
Edit.: I did find partial NAND dump with the Hekate. How much trouble do i have to change between ReiNX and Hekate?
What my friend is referring to are the joining scripts linked on CTCaer's GitHub page which you can find here. I haven't seen anyone try joining the parts dumped by the toolkit with CTCaer's joining scripts but I see no reason why they should work.

And switching between ReiNX and Hekate is as simple as changing some files on your SD card as well as sending the ReiNX.bin payload instead of Hekate. Further instructions can be found at https://reinx.guide/
''A software update is required, Update Data will be downloaded now'' Cancel or Download

My switch has never been online but should I fetch this data to play my game? It is xci format. Is this safe?
No you can be banned for doing so. Either accept the risk and download the update online or obtain it offline and install it with a title installer such as Tinfoil.

Supapo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What my friend is referring to are the joining scripts linked on CTCaer's GitHub page which you can find here. I haven't seen anyone try joining the parts dumped by the toolkit with CTCaer's joining scripts but I see no reason why they should work.

And switching between ReiNX and Hekate is as simple as changing some files on your SD card as well as sending the ReiNX.bin payload instead of Hekate. Further instructions can be found at https://reinx.guide/
No you can be banned for doing so. Either accept the risk and download the update online or obtain it offline and install it with a title installer such as Tinfoil.

You pointed the Reinx guide, is there a Hekate guide where i can obtain the files to change?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You pointed the Reinx guide, is there a Hekate guide where i can obtain the files to change?
Hekate is just a bootloader; it is not an actual CFW (although it can partially patch the firmware like traditional CFWs). If you intend to use Hekate, it is recommended to use the CFW Atmosphere which you can find at https://www.sdsetup.com/

Stallern

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thinking about picking up a switch for mainly emulation and some official games.

Should i update the switch to 6.0.0 or just run with it from when i open it?

Also when i install reinx and install retroarch can i use Lakka after that as well? think i need another SD card for that so that's what im kinda wondering about the most.

When i decide to use reinx, does my switch count as clean when i reboot it and go online or does reinx stay on the switch?

Cheers

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking about picking up a switch for mainly emulation and some official games.

Should i update the switch to 6.0.0 or just run with it from when i open it?

Also when i install reinx and install retroarch can i use Lakka after that as well? think i need another SD card for that so that's what im kinda wondering about the most.

When i decide to use reinx, does my switch count as clean when i reboot it and go online or does reinx stay on the switch?

Cheers
The only reason you would update to 6.0 is if you intend to play the console online; there is currently nothing else that requires being on firmware 6.0 as not all hacks are supported on that firmware.

You need separate SD cards for ReiNX and Lakka

No, ReiNX leaves traces in the NAND so the only way to remove those is by making a clean NAND backup in Hekate before any sort of hacking then restoring it

Reactions: Stallern

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1