Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Ok this is probably the better place. So i have see the recent event regarding the backup cloud save for Swithch so...there a way to install HB on the system im on the recent FW 5.1 (i guess is this). And something that dosen't involve me go out and buy a cable for connect the Switch to the PC or spend more money. I just want to back up my save file and...this me be ignorant but even with this simple use, there is still a chance of Nintendo banning you right?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok this is probably the better place. So i have see the recent event regarding the backup cloud save for Swithch so...there a way to install HB on the system im on the recent FW 5.1 (i guess is this). And something that dosen't involve me go out and buy a cable for connect the Switch to the PC or spend more money. I just want to back up my save file and...this me be ignorant but even with this simple use, there is still a chance of Nintendo banning you right?

You need a way to launch the payload to get home brew running, and a microsd to store it on. Cheapest is a usbA to usbC cable and use tegrasmashGUI to launch from Windows.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Yes a few pounds/dollars off Ebay, or make a free one using a paper clip.

If you don’t want to pay, no save game backup

Simple!

Don't you love Nintendo when they make you jump across the world just for have a function that was avaliable their "failure" system (aka WiiU)?
Seriusly doh, I will try, there is a guide around here i assuming. Becouse even if i love video guide...sometimes there are not up to date, especialy when it comes to the file to have for the system.

Also if i do this, like i ask on the start, can i be ban? Becouse at the end i mod the console just for this and probably (if i want) for emulation, just for try since i mostly use my 3DS for that.

adamandkate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just waiting for my sx pro to arrive. how do i load Hekate in order to backup the nand? Do I just boot the sx os and then launch hekate as an external payload?

thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just waiting for my sx pro to arrive. how do i load Hekate in order to backup the nand? Do I just boot the sx os and then launch hekate as an external payload?

thanks

You can launch from your PC with a usbA to usbC cable, costs around £5/$5, you will need a jig/paperclip.

Or if you wait for your sx pro, then put Hekate bin file in the root of your sdcard, hold volume + on booting the switch to enter sx menu, and choose the "Launch external payload" option.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I make a nand backup before hacking and go offline, what would be de difference between having used XCI and NSP when I decide to restore my nand backup and connect again?
When you restore the NAND backup, it'll wipe all of your saves, updates, DLC, and most importantly games. With .XCI, this only affects the first three because games are not installed to the system. But with .NSP, everything will be wiped meaning you will not only need to restore any saves, updates, or DLC but also the game itself. With regards to a ban, if you are restoring the NAND before going online, it makes no difference whether you use .XCI or .NSP and both are likely to get you banned.

Theturtguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Other than using a DNS, what other measures can I take to connect to the internet safely?

Also, what does sm.kip, pm.kip and loader.kip do?

Dabman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hei. I have switch with fw 2.3.0.
I also bought joycon jig.
My questions:
1. What i do need to play emulators (genesis/nes/snes)?
2. What do i need to run backups?
3. Can i charge my switch using usb-c charger from phone or powerbank?

I was waiting many months for CFW but seems to athmosphere won't be released soon.
So please help me with questions

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hei. I have switch with fw 2.3.0.
I also bought joycon jig.
My questions:
1. What i do need to play emulators (genesis/nes/snes)?
2. What do i need to run backups?
3. Can i charge my switch using usb-c charger from phone or powerbank?

I was waiting many months for CFW but seems to athmosphere won't be released soon.
So please help me with questions
  1. All CFWs support emulators although its possible compatibility with SX OS may not be as good as the other ones
  2. SX OS, ReiNX, RajNX, and tomGER's SD files all support backup launching
  3. Yes
Alright so if I don't plan on hacking for some time does it matter if I sign up for a Nintendo account and download some eshop games?
No? You don't lose anything for making a Nintendo Account except maybe 5 minutes of your time ;)
yeaaah slight snap airplane mode, never been online D:
Setup a custom DNS server, such as 90DNS, to block all Nintendo URLs so you can use network install without worry about being banned.

Dabman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
  1. All CFWs support emulators although its possible compatibility with SX OS may not be as good as the other ones
  2. SX OS, ReiNX, RajNX, and tomGER's SD files all support backup launching
  3. Yes
Amazing, can you just tell me if i have to all the time injecting something or i can do once softmod and after turning off all will work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing, can you just tell me if i have to all the time injecting something or i can do once softmod and after turning off all will work?
You must always inject a payload using the current exploit. In the future, lower firmwares will have access to a web-based exploit that they can use to load CFW/homebrew/hacks however that too must be reused if the console is turned off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far