Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I've not found a good answer for regarding AutoRCM is if it can be completely uninstalled. I know it corrupts a few bits in order to force RCM mode, but if I decide at some point to go back to 100% stock can this be reversed?
AutoRCM is typically removed using the same tool used to install it. However some of those tools can remove any and all forms of AutoRCM such as briccmii or Hekate V4.0+

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info. I hope they're able to get emunand working before the year is over. So far risking a console ban is just too much for the opportunity to run homewbrew.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I hope they're able to get emunand working before the year is over. So far risking a console ban is just too much for the opportunity to run homewbrew.
Well restoring a clean NAND made before hacking may theoretically be safer than running an EmuNAND partition online without hacks anyways.

jorgedramonx

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
what am i doing wrong?, i can put my switch into RCM (i know because the screen stays off), but the pc does not seem to recognize it, please help

SwitchU64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a switch with 3.01 firmware and serial number that according to the serial numbers ( XAJ40052X and below category) thread it is not patched. I also have an 128 GB card that is exfat and I am awaiting for SX dongle. I haven't done anything, not even connected it online.

Based on my understanding of what I read in this forum one needs to do a NAND backup, but 3.01 does not support exfat cards, unless you update. But older firmware is supposed to have more vulnerabilities. Plus wouldn't Exfat memory card that switch recognizes be needed for RCM? And for use of Sx-OS or hekate.

Also, there will be a new update, so I might need to update soon to 5.1 before version 6 comes.

Then there is another update offline method (ChoiDujourNX) that allows to reverse if I want to, but apparently it will have autoRCM enabled which might be somewhat dangerous? What happens if battery runs out? Can you use the default horizon operating system with it? In a thread I can't link to as a new member it was called dangerous.

Then there is the creport option that apparently Sx-OS does not have (ideally it and Xci seem best combo, seem people claim that it is harder to be banned with XCI, maybe hekate only would be better but SX option remains)

There are also threads about keys here that are confusing.

Sorry for my very noobish confusion.

Update to 5.01 now by inserting my exfat and just use the dongle
Or try to use ChoiDujourNX, after formating my card in Fat32, backing nand there, and trying to use Choidujour?

tonsofun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to run payloads without tether yet? Would like to be able to switch from Horizon to Homebrew OS and/or Lakka without connecting to a PC or android.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already do that, but the pc just does not recognize my switch
Well there's no magical way to make the computer detect the Switch. As long as your ports are USB 2.0 (which they most likely are), then you just need to keep trying until the computer recognizes them. I had the same issue when hacking my Switch and it magically fixed itself. Its a Windows problem. Maybe try using something else to send a payload with.
I recently bought a switch with 3.01 firmware and serial number that according to the serial numbers ( XAJ40052X and below category) thread it is not patched. I also have an 128 GB card that is exfat and I am awaiting for SX dongle. I haven't done anything, not even connected it online.

Based on my understanding of what I read in this forum one needs to do a NAND backup, but 3.01 does not support exfat cards, unless you update. But older firmware is supposed to have more vulnerabilities. Plus wouldn't Exfat memory card that switch recognizes be needed for RCM? And for use of Sx-OS or hekate.

Also, there will be a new update, so I might need to update soon to 5.1 before version 6 comes.

Then there is another update offline method (ChoiDujourNX) that allows to reverse if I want to, but apparently it will have autoRCM enabled which might be somewhat dangerous? What happens if battery runs out? Can you use the default horizon operating system with it? In a thread I can't link to as a new member it was called dangerous.

Then there is the creport option that apparently Sx-OS does not have (ideally it and Xci seem best combo, seem people claim that it is harder to be banned with XCI, maybe hekate only would be better but SX option remains)

There are also threads about keys here that are confusing.

Sorry for my very noobish confusion.

Update to 5.01 now by inserting my exfat and just use the dongle
Or try to use ChoiDujourNX, after formating my card in Fat32, backing nand there, and trying to use Choidujour?
Backing up the NAND is performed outside of Horizon so exFAT support is irrelevant; you can dump the NAND without exFAT on the Switch. After that, its your call what you want to do. You can use ChoiDujourNX to update you to any firmware you want without burning the fuses or you could stay on 3.0.1 with the SX Pro. I highly recommend ChoiDujourNX by the way. As for AutoRCM being dangerous, if you know how to use AutoRCM, it is not dangerous in the slightest as I myself use it. The "danger" comes from users who believe they turn off their Switch but in reality don't realize their console is in RCM which drains battery very quickly. I would recommend reading up here on how to turn off a console with AutoRCM.
Is there a way to run payloads without tether yet? Would like to be able to switch from Horizon to Homebrew OS and/or Lakka without connecting to a PC or android.
You could install an internal trinket or use an external dongle.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I get my Jig tomorrow for my Switch and the first thing I am going to do is backup NAND and keys. For the biskeys, guide says to use a QR Scanner on a cell/smartphone. I have an iPhone, which QR Scanner should I get? Help appreciated :)

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Do we know something about the security improvements for 6.0? I mean, i read that now is easier for Ninti to detect stuff like homebrew, NSP/XCI games. Is that true?

SwitchU64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well there's no magical way to make the computer detect the Switch. As long as your ports are USB 2.0 (which they most likely are), then you just need to keep trying until the computer recognizes them. I had the same issue when hacking my Switch and it magically fixed itself. Its a Windows problem. Maybe try using something else to send a payload with.
Backing up the NAND is performed outside of Horizon so exFAT support is irrelevant; you can dump the NAND without exFAT on the Switch. After that, its your call what you want to do. You can use ChoiDujourNX to update you to any firmware you want without burning the fuses or you could stay on 3.0.1 with the SX Pro. I highly recommend ChoiDujourNX by the way. As for AutoRCM being dangerous, if you know how to use AutoRCM, it is not dangerous in the slightest as I myself use it. The "danger" comes from users who believe they turn off their Switch but in reality don't realize their console is in RCM which drains battery very quickly. I would recommend reading up here on how to turn off a console with AutoRCM.
You could install an internal trinket or use an external dongle.

Is the only danger a drained battery? Reading the thread you linked, it says it can't charge normally. Is this problem only in RCM mode? Even if this happens, you can charge your battery again, right? Also, you can launch into horizon if you want, correct?

Based on your thread if I understand correctly, just select power off within SX OS is one way to shut it off. Or from Hekate. The dongle also has to be inserted while doing so.

jorgedramonx

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
y to make the computer detect the Switch. As long as your ports are USB 2.0 (which they most likely are), then you just need to keep trying until the computer recognizes them. I had the same issue when hacking my Switch and it magically fixed itself. Its a Windows problem. Maybe try using something else to send a payload with.
well, i think i am going to try with another version of windows, thanks for the help

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I get my Jig tomorrow for my Switch and the first thing I am going to do is backup NAND and keys. For the biskeys, guide says to use a QR Scanner on a cell/smartphone. I have an iPhone, which QR Scanner should I get? Help appreciated :)
You can also just run TegraRCMSmash and the appropriate payload via command line then copy and paste the keys from there.
Do we know something about the security improvements for 6.0? I mean, i read that now is easier for Ninti to detect stuff like homebrew, NSP/XCI games. Is that true?
Those were false, but there changes to the CDN network making it less safe to download .NSP files that way.
Is the only danger a drained battery? Reading the thread you linked, it says it can't charge normally. Is this problem only in RCM mode? Even if this happens, you can charge your battery again, right? Also, you can launch into horizon if you want, correct?

Based on your thread if I understand correctly, just select power off within SX OS is one way to shut it off. Or from Hekate. The dongle also has to be inserted while doing so.
Correct, AutoRCM only affects the charge rate in RCM but the issue is you cannot visually differentiate between RCM and a turned off console. And even if it is turned off, charging it in this state will not only boot it into RCM but cause the battery to become falsely elevated as the Switch cannot track the proper charge rate in this state. You can't also launch Horizon (OFW) without a substitute bootloader such as Hekate, ReiNX, and SX OS V1.2+ (V1.1 and below have issues).

With regards to turning off the console, I don't cover how to turn off the console with a modchip mostly because that is covered in another thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/since-t...ly-turn-off-switch-if-you-use-autorcm.511853/). You technically don't need the dongle plugged in to turn off the console however the thread I just linked details a way to turn it off using the dongle.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

SwitchU64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Correct, AutoRCM only affects the charge rate in RCM but the issue is you cannot visually differentiate between RCM and a turned off console. And even if it is turned off, charging it in this state will not only boot it into RCM but cause the battery to become falsely elevated as the Switch cannot track the proper charge rate in this state. You can't also can't launch Horizon (OFW) without a substitute bootloader such as Hekate, ReiNX, and SX OS V1.2+ (V1.1 and below have issues).

With regards to turning off the console, I don't cover how to turn off the console with a modchip mostly because that is covered in another thread ( You technically don't need the dongle plugged in to turn off the console however the thread I just linked details a way to turn it off using the dongle.

I see. Then I will use AutoRCM. Thanks for answering my questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.