Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't believe I actually really have to ask something in thread lol.
Got a 5.1.0 switch, 5 burnt fuses, everything works fine, except that my sx pro, which I just wanted to test, just blackscreens instead of booting. No Idea why, as I usually don't mess with xecuter.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe I actually really have to ask something in thread lol.
Got a 5.1.0 switch, 5 burnt fuses, everything works fine, except that my sx pro, which I just wanted to test, just blackscreens instead of booting. No Idea why, as I usually don't mess with xecuter.
Does it have charge? I forgot what the indicator looks like but the dongle needs charge in order to function. If you just got it, its battery is probably out of charge.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it have charge? I forgot what the indicator looks like but the dongle needs charge in order to function. If you just got it, its battery is probably out of charge.
nah, the dongle is fine, after hitting boot it just won't boot, instead idk blackscreen/switch off/rcm idk I didn't checked what state the switch was while blackscreening.

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did a backup of the band, but after that I did a ofw uodaye then use ReiNX.
Is it safe to restore the nand which have a lower firmware ?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a backup of the band, but after that I did a ofw uodaye then use ReiNX.
Is it safe to restore the nand which have a lower firmware ?

If you upgraded using one of the methods that doesn’t burn any efuses then you can restore the nand with lower firmware. Otherwise you are stuck at the higher firmware.

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I said, you are stuck and no downgrade is possible. What firmware are you at, what did you want to downgrade to and why?

Was at 4.1.0 when did the nand backup, I updated by the official method at the last firmware. For now I don't need to downgrade but in the future I want to have a clean nand for paying online for playing online at smash on cartridge

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Was at 4.1.0 when did the nand backup, I updated by the official method at the last firmware. For now I don't need to downgrade but in the future I want to have a clean nand for paying online for playing online at smash on cartridge
Won't work out, sorry man

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best option would have been to create another Nand backup after upgrading to 5.1 and before running ReiNx. But you didn’t so I see two options. 1. Wait and maybe the community will come up with a method to clear all traces of CFW use. 2. Start saving for a second Switch for online play. (We have 2 OFW Switches for online and 1 CFW for offline) Obviously the most expensive option but also the safest. We don’t know with certainty what Nintendo can do and check when a Switch goes online at this time.

CzeroXCI

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Your best option would have been to create another Nand backup after upgrading to 5.1 and before running ReiNx. But you didn’t so I see two options. 1. Wait and maybe the community will come up with a method to clear all traces of CFW use. 2. Start saving for a second Switch for online play. (We have 2 OFW Switches for online and 1 CFW for offline) Obviously the most expensive option but also the safest. We don’t know with certainty what Nintendo can do and check when a Switch goes online at this time.

Okay thanks, I can live without online playing so I'll wait if first option come one day

Reactions: thorasgar

sirelf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, the dongle is fine, after hitting boot it just won't boot, instead idk blackscreen/switch off/rcm idk I didn't checked what state the switch was while blackscreening.
Try plugging your usb c cable to a pc try sending the Hecate payload to your switch. , if the payload boots up choose boot into normal firmware once in normal mode plug in the SX dongle tell you see the green light for about 15 seconds then try starting up SX with the jig and dongle again. Good luck

AlfretXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New problem.
Try to launch cfw. Start hekate, select cfw in menu and all I get is horizon every time. R+Album has no effect.

My card is ntfs. Does the switch support ntfs without exfat update? Which filesystem does it support without exfat update? I want to start Choidojur to get exfat, but without hbmenu I can't start it....

Ranshiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
New problem.
Try to launch cfw. Start hekate, select cfw in menu and all I get is horizon every time. R+Album has no effect.

My card is ntfs. Does the switch support ntfs without exfat update? Which filesystem does it support without exfat update? I want to start Choidojur to get exfat, but without hbmenu I can't start it....

FAT32

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
"New problem.

My card is ntfs. Does the switch support ntfs without exfat update? Which filesystem does it support without exfat update? I want to start Choidojur to get exfat, but without hbmenu I can't start it...."

I got my first Switch with a 4.1.0 firmware installed. Whenever I insert my 64Gb or 128Gb micro-SDXC card into it, it prompts for an update to the latest firmware in order for the console hybrid itself to do the formatting to ExFAT. However, I was able to bypass this by letting my Android phone do the actual reformatting. Alternatively, a third-party app like EaseUs Partition Master Free can format any SD storage to ExFAT.

Once formatted to ExFAT, the Switch will then be able to read the SD storage as if it reformatted the expanded memory itself.

Reactions: AlfretXX

AlfretXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"New problem.

My card is ntfs. Does the switch support ntfs without exfat update? Which filesystem does it support without exfat update? I want to start Choidojur to get exfat, but without hbmenu I can't start it...."

I got my first Switch with a 4.1.0 firmware installed. Whenever I insert my 64Gb or 128Gb micro-SDXC card into it, it prompts for an update to the latest firmware in order for the console hybrid itself to do the formatting to ExFAT. However, I was able to bypass this by letting my Android phone do the actual reformatting. Alternatively, a third-party app like EaseUs Partition Master Free can format any SD storage to ExFAT.

Once formatted to ExFAT, the Switch will then be able to read the SD storage as if it reformatted the expanded memory itself.

You mean you can skip the update by formatting it to exfat on pc ??! If that's true, why all the hassle about installing exfat update.... gonna try it today, thanks!!

Reactions: Dothackjhe

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
You mean you can skip the update by formatting it to exfat on pc ??! If that's true, why all the hassle about installing exfat update.... gonna try it today, thanks!!
Yes, it works that way, apparently. But in the random chance that the Android's formatting of the SD Card produced a bad volume in it, just reformat the SD Card with the PC.

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

CorpseFlower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i plan on ordering and hacking a switch and putting sx os on it.
So I was wondering I know i cant play online with game backups but if i buy legitimate game cartridges and boot into normal os can i play them online without being banned?

gfhoihoi72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I was wondering I know i cant play online with game backups but if i buy legitimate game cartridges and boot into normal os can i play them online without being banned?
Nope Nintendo detects that you hacked your console the moment you connect to WiFi.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
The only way you could freely go online again from a hacked Switch state is to restore a backup NAND from the stock firmware. It will wipe everything anew and revert to the original stock setting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, then whats qbits?