Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

afertitta

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any way to know if your account/switch is banned without getting online on OFW and entering eshop? I don't want to get online by no means

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How far are we from free backup loading (not layeredfs)?
I'm thinking about buying sx os but im afraid that free solution will come soon.
It'll be a long time. Atmosphere has to be officially released, then someone has to create a backup loader.
I think I already know the answer but just want opinions, if i buy legit LA Noire cart, can I download the huge "update" (actually the rest of the game) without perhaps ban risk? (I use homebrew and SX OS)
You can update your legit games as long as your in horizon OS.
any idea how to get pokemon quest (for use with devmenu) while still in 4.1.0?
You should just be able to follow the already existing guides for layeredfs installation, and use a game you already have as a donor
Is there any way to know if your account/switch is banned without getting online on OFW and entering eshop? I don't want to get online by no means
Not that I'm aware of.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

there is already an stable exploit for switch to be able of running dumped games??? i will like to buy 2 switch one for play pirate games and other for legal games and online and stuff.
SX OS
I' m aware that lower firmwares have the advantage of potentially being able to coldboot in the future, but when atmosphere releases, do you believe it will become possible for lower firmware consoles to play games requiring the newest firmware? I'm sitting on a 1.0.0 Switch, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep it so low if I won't be able to play games on it.
Maybe. I don't know for sure
I heard you need to update in order to play the south park switch game, is that true?
Try checking this thread
What's the best website for getting the SX licence (Not the jig/usb bundle) through paypal?
I used switchsx.com
Hi guys. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to use LayeredFS to mod files? All the guides I found looking online are about hacking the ROMs. Thanks
Hacking the roms? That's the same as a mod. Are you talking about piracy with layeredfs?

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hacking the roms? That's the same as a mod. Are you talking about piracy with layeredfs?

No, I'm not interested in LayeredFS for piracy, but I read that you can replace some game files to change in-game models, for example. And I also want to remove/modify certain game files that imposes a checksum system that verifies whether a save has been modified or not. And currently, I think LayeredFS is the only tool available that lets you have access and import these game files.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not interested in LayeredFS for piracy, but I read that you can replace some game files to change in-game models, for example. And I also want to remove/modify certain game files that imposes a checksum system that verifies whether a save has been modified or not. And currently, I think LayeredFS is the only tool available that lets you have access and import these game files.
There's an in depth tutorial on this discord server: https://discord.gg/NbfhykM

Reactions: daijobu

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question:

I noticed that DevMenu has RomFS folder instead of RomFS.bin
Does anyone know (or tried) to do the same for a backup?

Example:
Convert the following for Splatoon 2
//atmosphere/titles/<donorTitleID>/splatoon/romsfs.bin
//atmosphere/titles/<donorTitleID>/splatoon/exefs/<files>

into the following:
//atmosphere/titles/<donorTitleID>/splatoon/romsfs/<extracted files>

Last edited by HoTsHoTz79,

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

I noticed that DevMenu has RomFS folder instead of RomFS.bin
Does anyone know (or tried) to do the same for a backup?

Example:
Convert the following for Splatoon 2
//atmosphere/titles/<donorTitleID>/splatoon/romsfs.bin

into the following:
//atmosphere/titles/<donorTitleID>/splatoon/romsfs/<extracted files>
For what purpose would you need to?

How do I update backups?

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For what purpose would you need to?

I am trying to test if i can apply Xenoblade 2 DLC by overwriting files of the original game, so it would be like this;
Original game extracted into /RomFS/ folder
Extract Voice Pack DLC over /RomFS/ folder and Overwrite

With Hactool, DLC .ncas fail to merge with original .nca because the Sectors dont match (atleast thats what my conclusion is)

How do I update backups?

Follow this thread;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/manually-updating-romfs-bin-for-backups.509834/

Kirby, Zelda, Xenoblade 2 have been tested and confirmed with updates

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Naxithox

digitalhenry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any one have any issues with their battery not charging past (in my case 86%) a certain percentage? I'm running SX OS 1.2 with no additional homebrew installed and not using Linux either.

It was working before the battery died completely since I didn't have a charger with me but then I noticed it would completely charge to 100%.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex since you answer most of the questions here, any idea if you know about my post earlier? (6 post up or see link below)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-107#post-8120117
Lol thanks for noticing. Because I'm one of the few that cares about online play without buying a second Switch, I haven't touched LayeredFS whatsoever. However since SX OS has a backup loader, it should theoretically work once you obey the same rules of LayeredFS (i.e. matching SDKs). I think the problem is there's no place/thread that people have reported results of getting various .XCIs to work with DevMenu. Maybe you can be the first!

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to test if i can apply Xenoblade 2 DLC by overwriting files of the original game, so it would be like this;
Original game extracted into /RomFS/ folder
Extract Voice Pack DLC over /RomFS/ folder and Overwrite

With Hactool, DLC .ncas fail to merge with original .nca because the Sectors dont match (atleast thats what my conclusion is)

Follow this thread;
https://gbatemp.net/threads/manually-updating-romfs-bin-for-backups.509834/

Kirby, Zelda, Xenoblade 2 have been tested and confirmed with updates
In that case, I don't know. It may be worth trying. I'm replying because but I'm curious too

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Draxzelex since you answer most of the questions here, any idea if you know about my post earlier? (6 post up or see link below)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/page-107#post-8120117

In that case, I don't know. It may be worth trying. I'm replying because but I'm curious too
Seems like it may not be possible but the good news is that other games can work at least.
I'm starting to summise that the reports of people installing DevMenu successfully using:

South Park
Super Mario Odyssey &
Splatoon 2;

As a donor must also be from digital installations, just like Pokemon Quest is. It's not looking possible using a cart as is, got my hopes up this afternoon.. :rofl2:

Fuck it, thats enough for one day. Time to sleep.. :hateit:

Monkiky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there, quick question.
I was reading that you need Pokemon Quest in order to use DevMenu. Does the game need to be installed in the SD or Internal memory? Do both work?

Thanks.

penvk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a switch that came with firmware 4.10 and was planning to keep it on this firmware. I've blocked updates. Is there anyway I can sign onto nintendo with my NNID? It asks me to update everytime i try to sign in.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a switch that came with firmware 4.10 and was planning to keep it on this firmware. I've blocked updates. Is there anyway I can sign onto nintendo with my NNID? It asks me to update everytime i try to sign in.
You cannot link a Nintendo Account with a Switch without being on the latest firmware.

Reactions: penvk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: