Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

HarveyDirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm trying to boot into RCM without any luck.
I've been powering off via the on screen prompt and it's not working. Does it make a difference if I hold the power button until it powers off by itself?
Not able to test right now..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to boot into RCM without any luck.
I've been powering off via the on screen prompt and it's not working. Does it make a difference if I hold the power button until it powers off by itself?
Not able to test right now..
The ability to boot into RCM depends on the hardmod you are using to short pin 10. Some jigs cannot guarantee a 100% success rate. What you have to ensure is that pin 10 is either touching pin 1 or 7 when you press vol + and power, but hold them just to be safe.

HarveyDirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The ability to boot into RCM depends on the hardmod you are using to short pin 10. Some jigs cannot guarantee a 100% success rate. What you have to ensure is that pin 10 is either touching pin 1 or 7 when you press vol + and power, but hold them just to be safe.
I'm using a dodgey paperclip and I'm pretty sure that's the problem. I just wanted to make sure powering off via the on screen prompt is enough and I'm at work so I can't test myself.

Kanolein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry of I ask too much but I understand some of the Post not....

How can i make a dumb of my Switch games?

How can i activiate SX OS? Don't I need Internet connection?

I can dumb my NAND with hekate, how long Does it need to backup and hong to overwrite the hacked System with the old original one?

Mensy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, if i put my switch in rcm and send the payload but dont boot cfw and boot ofw does that still mean i have now installed cfw and cannot go online ?

der:Tom

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can anyone explain to me how i identify the folders inside the \Nintendo\Contents\registered\ folder on the sd card?
I know that these are the game updates, eshop titles, etc. but i can´t figure out which is which since i only can find the title ID´s online.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry of I ask too much but I understand some of the Post not....

How can i make a dumb of my Switch games?

How can i activiate SX OS? Don't I need Internet connection?

I can dumb my NAND with hekate, how long Does it need to backup and hong to overwrite the hacked System with the old original one?
Dumps Switch cartridges: https://gbatemp.net/threads/xci-dumper.506700/
Dumps installed Switch titles: https://gist.github.com/khang06/84aabeac507fa99a676d22bb6120cea8
How to activate SX OS offline: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-activate-sx-os-on-your-switch-with-a-pc.508194/
NAND dumping with Hekate depends on your SD card but you do not use this dump to overwrite your old one. It is a backup in case you brick your console.
Hi, if i put my switch in rcm and send the payload but dont boot cfw and boot ofw does that still mean i have now installed cfw and cannot go online ?
No you are booting into OFW and can still go online. However, this still may or may not be safe as there is evidence the Switch can store data when you run CFW at all that can be transmitted when you go online in OFW and lead to a ban.
Can anyone explain to me how i identify the folders inside the \Nintendo\Contents\registered\ folder on the sd card?
I know that these are the game updates, eshop titles, etc. but i can´t figure out which is which since i only can find the title ID´s online.
You can also try looking at the dates they were created or the size to help differentiate further.

Reactions: Kanolein

HoTsHoTz79

GIC-Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question can be stupid or already asked but:
Do homebrew appear in the history of games played ?

History of games played as in Play Activity in your profile?

No, that screen only shows the games you play from main menu...
When you run Homebrew (example, Snes emulator) you are going thru 'Album' menu... which is not recorded in your profile play activity

but again, as mentioend in the post above, you should still be careful because it might be captured in the system logs and may possibly be reported, somehow...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
History of games played as in Play Activity in your profile?

No, that screen only shows the games you play from main menu...
When you run Homebrew (example, Snes emulator) you are going thru 'Album' menu... which is not recorded in your profile play activity

but again, as mentioend in the post above, you should still be careful because it might be captured in the system logs and may possibly be reported, somehow...
Imagine if Nintendo actually started banning people because of this.

"Mother wrongly banned from Nintendo's online services due to spending hours in Album displaying pictures to family"

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
probably a dumb question, but will the game icons from SX OS (backup games) that you played stay even when u boot in a non cfw/original cfw? or is it only viewable in SX os?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a dumb question, but will the game icons from SX OS (backup games) that you played stay even when u boot in a non cfw/original cfw? or is it only viewable in SX os?
They are viewable when you switch over to OFW which is how people are updating their games in the safest way possible (it would be akin to borrowing your friend's game one time and still getting the update prompt even if you can't play the game). I would still not say its 100% safe because you need to boot SX OS to load the icons in the first place

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What are the downsides of using AutoRCM? I read people saying about battery but I didnt get it 100%. If I activate AutoRCM mode, then I am playing my backup games in SX OS, put in sleep mode, it will drain the battery faster and/or not charge? Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the downsides of using AutoRCM? I read people saying about battery but I didnt get it 100%. If I activate AutoRCM mode, then I am playing my backup games in SX OS, put in sleep mode, it will drain the battery faster and/or not charge? Thanks
AutoRCM reduces the charge rate of the Switch in RCM (confirmed) and there are reports of users having their Switch batteries drained after turning it off from the menu with AutoRCM installed (unconfirmed). In order to prevent the latter from occurring, hold the power for 12 seconds to perform a manual shutdown. Also make sure that the Switch is never turned on if you don't intend on using it since RCM looks identical to a powered off Switch.

Jarfonoaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone could help. I currently have two Switches - one on 3.0.0 and one on the latest firmware.

I'm only really interested in homebrew and possibly SXOS if I'm being honest. Not fussed at all about online, never used it except to try a few games of Rocket League and probably wont again.

My question is: is there any reason for me to keep both Switches or should I sell one of them? As far as I can tell at the moment I can do most things on my most upto date Switch but when Atmosphere comes I wont have a consistent CFW? Which I can live without.

Is that right or am I missing something else major?

Cheers.

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How long before we can boot into CFW without any special tricks? Any guesses?
I mean install CFW on the switch, no dongels or shotcutting etc required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone